Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by l4808 View Post
    As the title explains, I am wondering if there exists an addon or a feature on warcraftlogs etc. that enables you to see who is using their bonus rolls, and on what bosses they did it.

There are several instances where this would come in handy for raiders at the top level.

1. Item A drops, player 1 and 2 wants it (Player 2 knows that leader is likely gonna give item A to him if none of them get the item) Both can use bonus roll, leader tells them to do so, player 1 rolls and gets gold. Player 2 claims he rolled and got gold, but he saved the roll for later.
    2. Raider X has been slacky lately, not farming garrison resources, no honor, no apexxis crystal, low on gold and in general has a slacky attitude towards maximizing guilds total gear acquirement. Comes to raid without the 3 seals you can get any week, gets away with it every time because nobody is tracking loot rolls.

(if the pattern of a player not using 3 coins every week goes on for too long, it would be obvious that the player is slacking it off).

Great if you're raiding at a high level, and have 19 players you could depend on with your life, and you don't feel like this feature is needed. Eeeeither way, if anyone knows a way of tracking the raids' rolls, would be awesome if you could share!
    Well the answer is right in front of you really, if you don't trust the person to do what is right, then you shouldn't raid with him, if you have a dedicated team. Only time you should settle with raiding with these kinds of people is in a pug group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    What a massive straw man. Is your raid so full of selfish assholes that they're screwing the group over? Change groups. Alternatively, consider what sort of behavior is being exhibited by officers to engender such distrust by your raiders.
    I didn't talk about my raid. But I like to look at a discussion from different pov's and possibilities. I don't just rephrase what the last person already wrote.
    And if it's not every player that behaves that way, why leave everyone behind and not just the slackers?

Quote Originally Posted by Marquize View Post
    Well the answer is right in front of you really, if you don't trust the person to do what is right, then you shouldn't raid with him, if you have a dedicated team. Only time you should settle with raiding with these kinds of people is in a pug group.
    Then I shouldn't raid with 99,999% of the WoW-community and would never be able to raid, because in my experience no raid is completely free of slackers (at least some kind of).
    Last edited by mmocb12ee988c8; 2014-12-26 at 11:40 PM.

People lying about rolling, let alone not even getting 3 seals every week are NOT instances of "top level" raiding. Your problem is shitty raiders, not lacking ways to control their behavior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    People lying about rolling, let alone not even getting 3 seals every week are NOT instances of "top level" raiding. Your problem is shitty raiders, not lacking ways to control their behavior.
    Yeah, but HOW can you deal with the "shitty raiders" if you don't know which of the raiders are the shitty ones? I would really love to see an answer to that.

1. Item A drops, player 1 and 2 wants it (Player 2 knows that leader is likely gonna give item A to him if none of them get the item) Both can use bonus roll, leader tells them to do so, player 1 rolls and gets gold. Player 2 claims he rolled and got gold, but he saved the roll for later.
    That seriously happens?
    So what happens when both players roll and both get the item from their bonus? Seems a potentially waste of a gear drop/roll to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Margash View Post
    Yeah, but HOW can you deal with the "shitty raiders" if you don't know which of the raiders are the shitty ones? I would really love to see an answer to that.
    Um, literally everything else that would qualify as being one? I would give someone a bit of slack if they're not getting all their coins if they're constantly on time, pulling the weight they should, etc.

It's funny how the OP is asking for something, and people come here and tell him what to, and what not to do. He didnt ask you guys for your opinion on him wanting to check the rolls of his guildies, he simply asked for a way to track it.

If you have nothing usefull to say dont post, he is free to run his guild in whatever way he wants it. And tbh, in my experience there are PLENTY of mythic guilds that are carrying at least 5 slackers that do not bother optimising their characters properly so his concern is a very valid one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    It's funny how the OP is asking for something, and people come here and tell him what to, and what not to do. He didnt ask you guys for your opinion on him wanting to check the rolls of his guildies, he simply asked for a way to track it.

If you have nothing usefull to say dont post, he is free to run his guild in whatever way he wants it. And tbh, in my experience there are PLENTY of mythic guilds that are carrying at least 5 slackers that do not bother optimising their characters properly so his concern is a very valid one.
    Well the OP is not helping himself with the replies. Yes its his business how he runs his guild but his guild would not exists for the members. Talk with them instead, don't stalk them.
    I know i would leave instantly if i found out my raid leader stalks me that much.
    Last edited by mmoce36ef59794; 2014-12-27 at 05:58 AM.

You'll be providing the gold for them to buy their three bonus rolls each week right? I ask because it seems like you demand control over which three bosses they spend their bonus rolls on even though there are seven bosses in the raid and they might really need something from a specific boss that isn't one of your three.

In that case I think it only fair that you provide their bonus rolls. Don't you?

- - - Updated - - -

You sound mad. My statement stands - you want to control which three bosses I spend my bonus rolls on? You can goddamned well buy the rolls for me then. People are giving OP a hard time because OP is asking for something shitty.
    Free to play games explained: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS4VRbsjZrQ

Epgp loot master does it. Not sure if everyone in the raid needs to have it or not though.
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    I agree with everyone here. I believe that if you're truly raiding in mythic, if you do not trust your raiders then you're doomed from the beginning.
    I mean no offence by this but what you just said shows that you know absolutely nothing about how a guild actually operates.

A succesfull guild has officers and raid leaders that constantly stays in touch with everything going on within the guild, including how much work their raiders do on their character outside of raids.

No guild in the world is so good that the officer staff can just lay back and let the loot roll in

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Margash View Post
    So many people here say that the slacking person wouldn't last long anyway... but why would this person be thrown out, if you have no proof that he didn't use his bonus rolls? Just by guessing? Or can you smell it? Even in mythic raids there can always be lazy ones who think "the others will fix it anyway"...

And a good example of how some people roll to get better loot for themselves but not necessarily for the raid:
    Think of the following example:
    The raid has loot council system and they kill a weapon-boss. The weapon drops once and two players need it. Player A uses his bonus roll because he knows, that there are other players who need the weapon, too. Player B's weapon is worse that A's so he knows that he will get the weapon anyway, so he doesn't use his bonus roll to save it for a boss that drops another item for him (like bracers or sth) which wouldn't give as much gain to the raid as the weapon would...
    I would hope you trust your raiders to roll on the bosses which provide the best upgrades and not just rolling to avoid loot.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted

the people telling him what to do are not looking for your opinion so maybe you should take your own advice.

Deleted
    "Trust" and "effective raiding" don't always work well together. Who thinks otherwise is either really lucky with their members or really naive...
    Sure many people try to do the best for their raids, but some don't... these are the ones you want to sort out and that's what the op is trying to do.

Since raiding started, raid leaders have had to use these kind of shady tricks to weed out the slackers. I would put "monitoring if people get their 3 bonus rolls" right up there with analyzing logs to see if everyone potted and used their CDs at the right times.

While I totally disagree with the idea of making people who need a drop that has dropped roll their bonus rolls before distributing the actual item, I can see why the raid leader would like to know if they roll or not. After all, this method does double the chance of both of them walking with a given item - although it also has the side effect of a chance of getting 3 of the item, or one of them bonus rolling a garbage drop from that boss. So personally I would not do loot that way in any group I ran.

Getting the 3 seals/week should be as mandatory for raiders as flasks, pots and food buffs. It takes very little effort to get them, and it potentially adds a lot of gear to the raid group as a whole. On the other hand, I would not bother dictating how they are used, because your players probably know better. Either they already min-max their MS upgrade path, but even if they bonus roll OS gear that is fine too. OS bonus rolls adds flexibility to the raid over time, and give lucky raiders a reason to keep raiding and not complaining that they cannot get OS gear at higher priority than new member's MS (most raid groups are not stable enough to never have this problem).

Personally I would be very cautious with raid rules regarding bonus rolls. I think the only rules I would make would be:

1) Everyone needs to get their 3 roll/week or go to the back of the queue for loot.

2) Nobody can "cap out" on 10/10 seals.

#2 is important because all raiders should maintain a list of "best viable bonus roll bosses". Ideally two lists: one for <8 seals and one for >7 seals. As the relevance of rolling bonus gets a lower bar when you are about to cap.
    Some players may choose their BiS OS drops from 3 bosses/week. Others might prioritize specific trinkets in HC/mythic each week (and might even PUG HC or normal to get more chances). I have not studied the BiS lists for all classes in T17 yet, but previously LFR versions of trinkets were viable in heroics if certain items just refused to drop for the guild, so I would not be surprised if the optimal path for some players would be to PUG a normal for 2x chances at an item extra each week, even if the ilvl is lower than the same item from HC/mythic.
    As the group progress and gear up more, I would actually expect some players to use their 3 seals to bonus roll on items they already have. Just to see if they get a WF version. But at that point, the raid progression should not really be held back by whether or not a player skip his roll or not.

If we're talking about ensuring your raid is maximizing it's efficiency, distributing loot after bonus rolls is entirely inefficient. Not only does it force your raiders into burning rolls on bosses they don't want to roll on if the loot is contested, it also opens up the possibility of the actual boss drop going to waste due to them both rolling the item on the bonus roll. At the very least, bonus rolling for the piece after the loot is distributed to someone else is the bare minimum most efficient outcome. If you're gonna be so OCD you might as well do it right - assign loot to raiders who will make better use of it first, and in the event of a tie, flip a coin. It's basically the same as your 'whoever doesn't bonus roll the loot wins' method.

Quote Originally Posted by Neromius View Post
    Lol. The fact that you care so much about little details like when someone uses a bonus roll is silly. A player will always use the roll when they think it will benefit them most, in turn, benefiting the raid. Besides the fact that above poster never told you what should or should not matter, I am telling you: When a player uses their bonus roll should not matter.
    I think the OP sounds like a mummy, or someone with ocd problems. Poor lad - he probably has an addon to check that people are breathing efficiently. However I guess he is not in top rank guild just a wannabee. Poor poor kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    I believe that if you're truly raiding in mythic, if you do not trust your raiders then you're doomed from the beginning.
    Hah. Hahahahah. You've never led a raid team, that's clear.

People will, on the whole, act in their own best interests. If you trust 19 people to selflessly act in the team's interests all the time, YOU'RE doomed from the beginning.

I'm with what other people have said here. Getting the seals should be mandatory, but forcing someone to use their bonus rolls where you specify should not be a thing.

My bonus rolls generally will always go to weapons, then trinkets, then my weakest piece. If you 'force' me to bonus-roll something that just dropped, i'd rather just pass the loot and hope it drops again- especially if there's only two people that need that specific item, and any subsequent drops would go to waste anyways.

Acting out of personal interest and acting in the group's best interest aren't mutually exclusive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please refrain from telling me what should matter or not to me.

If a player doesnt bother to get 3 bonus rolls for each raid, at the level I raid, that might be the last start to break with that raider, and I might start looking for replacements.

Smartass comments like this...

just stahp
    you can't be forcing players to use bonus rolls on shitty bosses just so they can partake in actual loot. that's just so stupid.