Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

[MegaThread] Vindictus

Vindictus is a Game that i think is very fun and I'm making this thread about it so more people Might Notice it.

Vindictus is a MMORPG (Massively multiplayer online role-playing game) created by devCAT, an internal studio of Korean free-to-play game publisher Nexon. Vindictus is a prequel to the popular MMORPG Mabinogi and is known as Mabinogi Heroes (Korean: **** 영웅*) in Asia.

Vindictus takes place in the same setting used in Mabinogi, but is placed chronologically several hundred years prior to the first game during a period of war and strife. Vindictus follows Nexon's traditional free-to-play model. The game itself is free to download and play and charges no purchase price.
    Vindictus EU http://en.vindictus.nexoneu.com/NXEU.aspx
    Vindictus NA http://vindictus.nexon.net/

All Classes PlayList https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ij17QlVEfAVZyp

In Vindictus, "classes" and "characters" are one and the same. When beginning the game, players will have a choice to play as one of Nine characters, each of which has different combat skills and abilities. Players are free to alter certain aspects of their character's appearance, but basic abilities and combat styles are set at character creation. All characters are gender-locked. Though the game was originally intended to have five characters, there are now currently Nine
    Lann

is a male character described as "An intrepid warrior with a passion for weapons." The character specializes in Dual-Wielding weapons, specifically Swords. His main role in the party is DPS (Damage per second) and relies on critical hit damage, speed and evasive maneuvers to win battles, but lacks any form of self-defense. His alternate weapons are Twin Spears, which comes with increased damage and higher critical hit rate along with constant attacks and a fair evasion but has less abilities and also takes more damage from enemy attacks. He starts off with the ability of wearing light armor, but later gains the ability to wear heavy and plate armor as well.
    Fiona
    is a female character described as a "balanced warrior who wields a sword and shield." Fiona is an all-round melee character, using a single one-handed Longsword to fight while using a Shield to block and defend from heavy attacks. Her true potential comes from the combination of her two arsenals, allowing her to parry and counterattack to create openings in enemies. Her alternate weapon is a Long Hammer which causes more burst damage at the cost of attack speed. She starts off with a Small Shield, but later gains the ability to use a Large Shield, increasing her blocking ability with the inability to use certain counterattack skills.
    Evie
    is a female magician who uses different types of magic to help the player and the party. Her main role is burst damage (dealing high damage in one hit) and DPS (Damage per second), but has several support abilities available (healing, crowd control, etc.). Unlike other characters, Evie is heavily dependent on intelligence rather than strength to bolster her magic damage, which is mostly acquired through Cloth and Light armor, and is incapable of grabs and using grappling hooks. Evie's main weapon is a Staff, which is used for burst damage and support, and her alternate weapon is a Battle Scythe, increasing her DPS at the cost of her healing abilities.
    Karok
    is a giant male character who utilizes Brawling (engages with powerful physical combat while maintaining damage resistance) within the battlefield. He can do impressive but slow combos with a Battle Pillar, but he can throw the pillar and switch to Hand-to-Hand Combat which causes more damage at the cost of defense. He uses many physical special moves against monsters and bosses, using his skills and stature to dominate the battlefield, such as his ability to grab and intercept most bosses regardless of size and can crush and/or rip apart smaller enemies that would otherwise be ungrabbable to other characters. Though Karok lacks the ability to dodge, he can nonetheless reduce all damage dealt to him and then use self-regeneration abilities to recover the damage he received. His alternate weapon is a Cestus, greatly improving his Hand-to-Hand Combat style.
    Kai
    is a male character who plays the Archer role (sniping enemies from a distance using bows and arrows). Kai is very agile and has many burst damage and DPS tools at his disposal. Unlike other characters, Kai's bow has two forms: Short Bow and Long Bow, the former utilizing quick automatic aiming and strafe firing while the latter using power and distance at the cost of decreased rate of fire. He also has a couple of melee attacks when fighting at close range, and can also use bow techniques to slide far away from the enemy and resume attacking at long range. Kai also has special moves against enemies and bosses, such as chaining the enemy to the wall/floor or mounting and delivering a powerful blow to a boss. His alternate weapon is a mechanical crossbow known as the Cross Gun, greatly increasing his rate of fire and grants him access to explosive weaponry, but sacrifices evasiveness and has lesser abilities.
    Vella
    is a female swordsman who, like Lann, uses Twin Swords. She exhibits the power of wind, using it to slip directly through enemies, deflect most projectiles, and pull enemies into one spot, bolstering her counter-attacking ability. Although her play style seems identical to Lann, she has a much more proficient dodging ability but much less damage potential through normal and smash attacks, as her whole play style revolves around counter-attacking. Her alternate weapons are Chain Blades, a pair of chain whips with blades attached to them, allowing her to attack from great distances, restrain enemies and increasing her damage output, but at the cost of counter-attacking abilities and decreased survival.
    Hurk
    is a male berserker, using constant and hard hitting attacks without tiring, and is armed with a Greatsword. Hurk's power stems from his slow but powerful attacks, as well as the ability to increase his damage reduction and then self-regeneration. He can also use sheer force or counterattacks to knock his enemies off balance, especially bosses. He currently lacks alternative weapons.
    Lynn
    is a female character that utilizes Glaive along with quick, well-timed attacks. While Lynn's damage output is slightly lower than the other characters, her ability stems from placing "marks" on her enemies and then Detonating them to rack up huge amounts of damage. She also has great evasiveness, able to move around quickly with great distance and even slide directly behind her enemy from far away to resume attacking. She currently lacks alternative weapons.

Arisha GamePlay
    is a female spellsword that mixes swordplay and magic. She heavily relies on intelligence (for damage) and strength (for lifting objects) and, unlike other characters including Evie, uses a mana bar in addition to a stamina and SP bar which allows her to cast unique spells. With a Spellsword and a Focus, she combines sword slashes along with magic blasts for devastating combos and uses her mana to strengthen her blade, teleport, absorb mana off her enemies, and can even bring time around her to a grinding halt. She currently lacks alternative weapons.
    Last edited by SkagenRora; 2015-06-18 at 05:41 PM.

There are nine characters now, you are missing Arisha

Das region block.
    Finally decided to try it after the AH Let's Play, and was met with region block on both versions.
    From what I read US is only avaiable to Canada and USA.
    Too much hasle now for me to try and skip the block.

Edit: Changed IP to Region Block
    Edit2: Knew I missed something.
    Last edited by Girlyman; 2014-12-26 at 08:22 PM.
    Your you're own enemy.

so many blade users now, sheesh.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't Vindictus going to be a sci-fi mmo a few years back? Think I recall some studio like Mythic working on it for a while.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    There are nine characters now, you are missing Arisha
    Oh yeah sry

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Wasn't Vindictus going to be a sci-fi mmo a few years back? Think I recall some studio like Mythic working on it for a while.
    Never heard of that.

I remember playing Vindictus in beta in like... 2009?
    Couldn't look at WoW the same way after that :/

I mean, Vindictus is still a sort of golden standard that we compare other action MMOs to TODAY.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I should probably give this game a more elaborate try one of these days. I recall trying it a while ago and dropping it after like 1-2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Never heard of that.

I remember playing Vindictus in beta in like... 2009?
    Couldn't look at WoW the same way after that :/

I mean, Vindictus is still a sort of golden standard that we compare other action MMOs to TODAY.
    Imo Vindictus and TERA are the only games that have actually succeeded in a fully fledge action combat MMO. I am so tired of this hybrid half assed shit going around. If only Vindictus client was better. It just runs awful for me and I'm not too fond of the mission styles.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I've been playing Vindictus on and off since beta, leveling up Arisha right now as we speak. I'll give a short list of what the game does good and bad in my personal opinion:

The Good:
    • Action combat is tight with a real sense of impact
    • Graphics are still awesome for a game that's 4 years old
    • Challenging & unique boss fights
    • Great Armor/clothing designs
    • Decent season 1 story line if you care for it (NPC text dialogue is translated very well)
    • Epic boss fight soundtrack

The Bad:
    • Focus on gambling. The RNG is everywhere in this game and it's the one thing I really despise.
    • Grindy (leveling is a lot easier now, but grindy as in amassing wealth/gear and overall repetitiveness)
    • Crazy player-driven economy that's easily influenced by botters
    • Bots (huge problem right now, they ban in waves and they seemed to have their auto-banning system turned off)
    • Frequent server lag issues
    • Latency sensitive game
    • Everything is instanced; no real open world to explore.

Overall it's still a great game. I think it's a shame that people hardly know about it, or are averse to playing it because it's "too asian".

Anyway, if anybody has specific questions about the game, I can try to answer them here.
    Last edited by Samoflange; 2014-12-27 at 12:28 AM.

good Pros and Cons, Goosie. I agree with those 100%

I find the game fun in spurts of play. But due to the nature of the game (basically a combat simulator) it is very repetitive and I just can't handle that for a sustained period of play.

The screenshots the game captures when you finnish a battle is an awsome feature imo xD
    Since it captures such awsome screenies sometimes http://imgur.com/a/zkwmu#8

- - - Updated - - -

One thing that can bugg me tho is, if you press close and forget too click save screenshot you can't get up the window again xD

Quote Originally Posted by Goosie View Post
    Overall it's still a great game. I think it's a shame that people hardly know about it, or are averse to playing it because it's "too asian".
    Have people really said it is too Asian? I've never heard that one. I'd say that out of all of the imports, this seems the most westernized out of all of them (in the aesthetics and general tone of the story)

Have people really said it is too Asian? I've never heard that one. I'd say that out of all of the imports, this seems the most westernized out of all of them (in the aesthetics and general tone of the story)
    Yeah actually pretty much every time I've suggested or even praised the game, that's one of the main things haters fixate on in an attempt to trash it.

I have, many times and in many places. For some people, the fact that it's from an Asian country alone somehow makes it super Asian. I mean, yeah, the characters are super pretty and all (for the most part), but this is absolutely a very much more Western themed game in terms of its art style (outside of the NPC portraits). Granted, that's totally be design (as it's set in like, a nordic-type area or something), but it's still uncommon for Asian games.

It's stupid pretty, though. I play it in short bursts (fucking HATE HATE HATE HATE Nexon with a passion and won't spend a penny on anything they develop/publish anymore), and each time I'm impressed/reminded at how fantastic the character/armor models are and how good it looks for a game that's just shy of 5 year old (in about 14 days), especially one that's on the original Source engine, which gets a lot of flak for apparently not being capable of handling fantastic looking art assets.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Decided to give it a try again, I seem to be enjoying it a lot more now. Presumably the character I picked the first time (Evie) was just really not my thing.

Picked Lynn this time, and got her to level 15 so far. Admittedly I'm completely steamrolling through these missions because I got some welcome-back-box with ridiculously powerful gear that lasts 30 days. Must be an exp boost as well since I'm completely outlevelling the missions as well. (Currently on level 8/9 ones, while I'm, as I said, level 15)

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Decided to give it a try again, I seem to be enjoying it a lot more now. Presumably the character I picked the first time (Evie) was just really not my thing.

Picked Lynn this time, and got her to level 15 so far. Admittedly I'm completely steamrolling through these missions because I got some welcome-back-box with ridiculously powerful gear that lasts 30 days. Must be an exp boost as well since I'm completely outlevelling the missions as well. (Currently on level 8/9 ones, while I'm, as I said, level 15)
    Y tbh when i'm playing the new class arisha atm it feels like i'm getting alot more xp then i did when i lvled my first character back in august wich was fiona

Deleted
    I love the combat in this game, one of the best combat i've ever played

Quote Originally Posted by Ancientforgotten View Post
    I love the combat in this game, one of the best combat i've ever played
    Yeah i completly love the combat and Imo this game has some of the best graphics i have ever seen in a MMORPG

Geeze, this game is beautiful, and incredibly fun. Especially after you have made it past the Season one stuff, S2 things got massively better with explorable maps. I don't know any other game where you cna knock a helmet off a boss and then proceed to beat him to death with it.

The only thing holding this game back are the moronic fucks in charge of running it. Seriously, the servers atm feel like they are made of wood and powered by hamsters in wheels, which means that every boat being hosted client side is a Godsend. They have occasional events that are killer, a brutal enchanting and enhancement system that breaks your items (not a bad thing just hardcore do you risk your +9 for a chance at a +10? makes you value your items more). Crazy boss battles and fast paced game-play. Its a brutally fun game, and would be perfect again if Nexon weren't obviously cheap money grubbing bastards. I truly believe it could grab a much larger share of the market with some self investment in infrastructure and a little spit polish, on my other monitor this very minute The carriage says NPC TEXT: Not_Found_speech, and a hooded player is currently glitching hallways below the ground then back up. Its not always like this I swear people just right now because of golden week everyone is playing and its laggy as hell.

And just to be clear when I'm bashing Nexon its their tenancy to make all their purchasable's gambling based. It's the kind of cheap sleezyness that comes from dangling a highly priced one time revive in front of a player when they die on a hard match saying "Just click this button, we will charge you .30 but you get another go at it." It permeates just about everything in this game. Still if you can ignore that, you will have a GREAT TIME.
    Last edited by Humungo; 2014-12-27 at 10:06 PM.