Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Healer View Post
    Everyone is saying that so far most fights favor ranged dps due to high movement or other mechanics, so I don't get why every ranged dps suddenly has to complain about the lack of moving while casting.
    what? how the fuck does moving favour ranged? all that casting i can do while im moving /derp

Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    then pray tell why should anyone play melee?.
    What are you talking about? Are you suggestion that "melee" has had a hard time vs casters to the point of being unplayable? What game have you been PvPing in? Melee got 2400+ ratings just like casters and they even got *Gasp* Rank one titles.

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    I am sorry, but did thokk affect melee for ENTIRE PHASES?
    You mean the boss where ranged were superior even though they got constantly interrupted ?

I agree with OP

Caster mobility was very fun and dynamic, and blizz chose to de-vovle back ten years because they were too lazy to balance it

A better solution would be to improve other classes, not ruin the fun ones

The bad's in this thread are hurting my brain. How are hunters overpowered? The only fight hunters are leading on is Brackenspore, and that's because of the flamethrower buff not our base stats. Hunter utility comes exclusively from their mobility, its a role they can fill that others can't. Don't go and say Aspect of the Fox is a reason to bring them either because if you're sitting there complaining that Hunters are OP you probably don't possess the skill to use Fox efficiently anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    What are you talking about? Are you suggestion that "melee" has had a hard time vs casters to the point of being unplayable? What game have you been PvPing in? Melee got 2400+ ratings just like casters and they even got *Gasp* Rank one titles.
    you mean the ones with so much gap closers they can still put up pressure?.

you mean the ones with so much gap closers they can still put up pressure?.
    Those exact ones. Do you need a list of what melee can do to stay on casters?

Warrior - 2 charges / leap / intervene/slow

Ret - Freedom/dispel/speed boost/slow

WW monk - 2 rolls / Flying kick / Freedom- speed up/slow

DK - Freedom if talented / Grip / Dots/slow

Feral - Shift - leap / slow

Rogue - Burst of speed / Vanish / slow

All have stun/kick and trinket and possibly a healer dispelling them.

If you're really bad sure you get kited but melee have PLENTY of ways to stay on top of a caster.
    Last edited by lazzy; 2014-12-26 at 11:11 PM.

Deleted
    I don't get why hunters are the only class with no drawbacks. No range requirement, full movement and no interrupt, it's so stupid that they have everything. Dead zone or something else needs to come back, it's no wonder it's the most played class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always liked casters to be immobile. Makes DoT classes shine on movement heavy fights.
    But alas DoTs hit like wet noodles nowadays, because Blizzard is utterly terrified that DoT classes will rock the meters on council fights.

Probably because melee was way underplayed and gave casters way too much of an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    I don't get why hunters are the only class with no drawbacks.
    Well their advantage so to speak was to never deal exceptional damage so no one ever really noticed. Also they lacked a raidsupport for mop.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    Is that a serious question? They were thinking "there should be some trade-off to playing a caster, since otherwise you are as mobile as melee, but with faster target switching." Also, they were thinking the same thing as when they gave mages the ability to boost raid-wide healing: "we want more raid utility on this class".

Now, why hunters are exempt from the cost of range in another, more reasonable, question to ask. This, though, is just a stock complaint when you lost an OP aspect of the class. (...and, yes, I say this as a caster.)

bullshit.

gw2 pulls off caster movement and it is balanced in pvp. Blizz just can't get their shit together when it comes to pvp vs pve balance. Make the same ratio of melee abilities require a cast time and stand still as casters and then I'll accept the trade off bullshit.

Just like they tried to claim (to derail dissent) that WoD would have far less movement in fights than in Mists ... which was complete and utter bullshit. Casting on the move isn't OP, it is just a natural advancement of the genre. Just like death penalties of losing items, xp/levels are gone, looting individual mobs is gone, and many other clunky mechanics fading away.

I don't care if you are a caster, I play caster, melee, healer, tank. I don't see it being balance, just an idea someone got a bug up their ass about and followed through with it, like the stat squish that also didn't work as planned, like the cata health jump to make pvp fights longer and forgot to keep the burst/damage stats in check at the same time ... and plenty of more half-assed ideas that work against the community.

Either make every class and spec stationary or mobile. Some of us have been casting for 10 years and you say they are similar to people who can't walk and chew gum at the same time?

That is fine; well, how about instead of locking down melee with cast times, how about we make their chance to hit down to 50% while moving, and they get a run speed penalty as well -20%, as long as a the gcd is active. They can keep all their instant 'casts' and mobility, but they might miss and move slower. Seems fair if casters have to be immobile turrets.

Deleted
    Personally I enjoyed being mobile while casting. Not so much because I was uber z0mfg the strongest class ever, but because it was actually fun. Or rather, I feel like being immobile is a very anti-fun playstyle, having to interrupt your own casts to move and literally do nothing while moving but steering your character into safety.

I do however understand why casters are immobile and it adds a extra skill layer and balancing I suppose, but I just don't find it fun and in the end I want to believe that I play games for fun.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The mobility wasn't the problem it was the "Instant" let me repeat that "Instant" dmg they could put out not the HARD CAST.
    Exactly, they can let casters move as much as they want, as long as casters still have to cast it won't hurt melee.

Deleted
    Those exact ones. Do you need a list of what melee can do to stay on casters?

Ret - Freedom/dispel/speed boost/slow

If you're really bad sure you get kited but melee have PLENTY of ways to stay on top of a caster.
    HA HA HA HA HA HA.
    First off, the reason for the gap closers were the mobility granted to range (that it might be worthwile to draw back now, fair)
    But seriously?.
    Ret has comparable (or has ever had) mobility to well any melee?.
    are you on drugs?.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    The utility mages got is the only thing that gets them brought to raids.
    yet virtually ever single mythic kill i have seen stacked range.
    in balanced scenario there should be more mêlée than range in raids you know?.

Hunters are only class that is retarded right now (no "Wahh but sniper training" doesn't count)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

then pray tell why should anyone play melee?.
    because they like the playstyle?

to be honest this is another of those issues, where casters will always be preferred choice unless you introduce mechanics that punish you when you have alot of ranged. also the melee stigma is often exaggerated, there are no bosses like BoT council prenerf, where melees were absolute garbage to bring...

But instead of creating environment, where stacking ranged would be punishing on the mechanics or your healers and healthy balance would be needed for most bosses, they would rather just give melee extra damage and let casters not cast on the move, while giving hunters best of the two worlds... its an easier choice than actually being creative about making bossfights. also screw pvp, ranged lost their mobility, but melee kept their gapclosers and interrupts, doesnt really sound fair or balanced to me.

Deleted
    I think casting itself is a pretty boring and outdated mechanic. It does feel pretty crappy to have a cast bar in a 2014 game.

I personally am in favor of spells that get more powerful the longer you charge them. Something like the elders scroll type of spell use or dark messiah.

All in all, spell casting is pretty awful in a third person view. They only look good in first person.