Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    And how is it Sonys fault you have a retardly old TV? The console cost what it cost, you can't add any peripheral prices to it. You need monitor, keyboard, mouse, maybe speakers, mouse pad and so on for PC gaming. I also bought PS4 for 399€ which is 485$ and got GTA V and LittleBigPlanet 3 for 60€ more, so for me to console cost 399€ and games 60€, 460€ for the whole bundle.

Maybe do research next time you buy something. If you don't mind link us the TV you bought so we can also tell you if it's going to get old very seen. I'm sorry for your money loss, but it's not Sonys or anyone elses fault than yours

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    lol 50" TV without HDMI,. what is it ? one of these ?
    I still have one of those lol. Doesnt work since i found out you can turn the screen on the inside into a super cool solar death ray. Thanks YouTube!.
    #JusticeForRucati
    PSN: Iskalla74, inv for Destiny if you need help

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit, are people really taking this thread seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

are you in my house? yea its pretty bad, was one I had back in college.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMFG NOOOO!!!

Used to have a 35inch Sony Trina tron that thing weight like truck, I couldn't even give it away, there is no way in hell, I would want that, time to upgrade

LOL ? use your brain next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    I bought an HD capable tv back in august for $300. 32" TV, which is more than enough. Thing came with a stand. I bought a PS4 earlier today. I think someone just wanted to brag about how much disposable money they had.
    This is exactly what this thread is.

10+ Year Old Account
    The PS4 wasn't expensive, the OP's old TV was the expensive thing, as obviously it was an early adopter flat screen that came out pre HDMI. This is what happens when you early adopt, you end up replacing it for a simple connector or software problem.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    They make TV's without hdmi ports?
    that was my exact thought. my grandmas tv recently died and she ahd to get an lcd. she asked me if they still make console tvs. not box tv, those old ass console tvs from the 70-80s with the wood frames. ya...

moral of the story. some people are just behind technology. like my 80 year old grandma.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    Because Sony needed to make gains on their middle ground PC parts box.

Could have saved some bucks on the stand and wall mounted it for less. That TV would have to be ancient to not have HDMI ports.

I suppose that would be considered a flatscreen. Hm.

Does the PS4 not even have an AV port? I know the Wii U doesn't come with AV cables and only the HDMI cord, but it works just fine with the Wii AV cables.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    You guys, this dude didn't drop 1300 bucks on a Playstation and then a brand new TV. I'm usually open to believing most things, just for the fun of it, but this was just way farfetched.
    I work at a Best Buy near a military base, I can't tell you how many military guys come in and talk to me about how they should have just built a PC instead.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a well known fact that PS4 only has an HDMI output. You should have done your basic research. Who goes out and spends $400+ on something without at least first looking on Google about it?

While adapters for HDMI-DVI/HDMI-Component/etc exist, there is a quality loss and there are some unexpected side-effects.

My livingroom TV is one of the first-generation HDTVs, and doesn't have HDMI. I use component cables for my PS3 on it, when I have it in there (it's in my bedroom, with my smart TV - that has plenty of HDMI ports.)