100 Talents Mistweaver

Currently, We all know pool of mists is clearly superior in Serpent stance, and crane stance for dps.

My question to all you fellow monks is. If Breath of the serpent was buffed or chi explosion, would you switch?

Those 3 charges of renewing mist that work so instrumentally with our multistrike is so above the rest could you ever see yourself healing with the statue breath or exploding chi bubbles on people for spread burst aoe healing. It's a toss up but losing Pool of mists even if they were all equal in healing would still feel like we were missing something.

Deleted
    Perhaps, once we get so much (if ever) multistrike that we will constantly receive procs on our ReM it will be worth exploring the others.
    But right now they feel really lackluster outside of Proving Grounds and heroic dungeons.

Chi explosion is actually very strong for healing in crane stance atm, you won't get as much damage as you would with serenity but you get a huge boost to healing, I've posted this before in this sub-forum but I was able to do ~10k dps and ~38k hps on mythic twins while fistweaving the whole fight with chiEx

outside of fights where the whole raid can be stacked for large amounts of time and there is constant damage so the mastery balls don't get wasted with chiEx, Serinity is a vastly superior talent. That being said, i would love for breath of serpent to be good enough to use a a second healing CD like a mini tranq (it would probably be too strong for a lot of fights though)

i honestly love the way pool works, i love not having to worry about the CD on my hot, breath is cool and i might consider trying it if it were better but only for certain fights where you mass grouping, i think pool will always be better for playstyle

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends, even if other things were buffed I enjoy the play style of Pool and it makes it a lot more convenient as well increasing our healing for a 20 man environment which is super important as Renewing Mist is a wet tissue otherwise (still kinda is). I can't see a buff to ChiEX or Breath even making too much of a difference, due to the odd requirements of being able to use them to the best of their ability. They're great, but not outside of Proving Grounds/Heroic Dungeons. Maybe we will see something a little different in BRF that could make better use (as well as having more MS/Stats).

so far the only times I've felt like I got better results from breath over pool is in 10-15 man heroic HM (times out perfectly with quake on twin ogron and can alternate with touch of death from each add on imperator in a small group)

and I've also thought chi explosion was nice in 2s and daily CM's,

but for most of what the end-game is focused upon (20 mans, 3s, and rbgs with the exception of CMs) pool seems to destroy other choices, I'd like to see situations where breath becomes strong enough to compete at the very least in situations where it times out well like mythic twins, but uplift is so important that more possible targets (that aren't topped off) for uplift and cheap chi while moving seem unbeatable

I also think chi explosion should be made into a notably powerful single target heal for mistweavers to really give it a definite place and role
    Last edited by ryklin; 2014-12-28 at 11:28 PM.

Deleted
    I could very much see myself switching to Breath if it got buffed to actually feel like a significant cooldown. I enjoyed using it at the start healing 5-mans to help out during tight spots before I had the gear to handle it normally, and I could see use for it on fights like Brackenspore and possibly Ko'ragh if they either made it feel like an actual cooldown or just reduced the 1.5 min cd.

Chi Explosion I'm not so sure about. Personally I feel it's too clunky for a normal mistweaving situation, and would only consider switching if it really was the optimal choice. I'm all for buffs to Breath, but I'd like to see a rework or a scrapping of Chi Explosion for MW.

So if you're healing 5-man heroics, Breath of the Serpent is optimal for Mistweaver? I assume ChiEx is for Fistweavers but I only want to do that when I'm well-geared.

Would have to absurd amounts of multistrike to make me switch out of Pools. Pools just offers so much more flexibility in our go-to gameplay.

for raiding. Most likely not. PoM is so good for raiding, they would have to really make BoS good, idk how really, ChiEx seems better for smaller groups. Tbh I wish Pom was like a perk for MW. I would make sense and not make us have to use it

Quote Originally Posted by Muddler View Post
    So if you're healing 5-man heroics, Breath of the Serpent is optimal for Mistweaver?
    Technically speaking, yes, but only if you can actually manage to hit people with it. Otherwise take PoM just for the GCD flexibility and +15% ReM.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Breath made 5 mans at 610 bearable. Wouldn't use ever again, but it was really good And made me think about that dang statue positioning.

I have actually enjoyed using BoS on Heroic Butcher. Our guild has not yet tried Mythic Butcher so I can't comment on whether or not that it will be effective there, but I find the extra healing on the group opposite of mine to be very nice. Gives you a small cd to cast in order to help top them or to just keep them alive. I typically can get a few million healing with just a few casts so it isn't horrible imo. I don't trust the rng of renewing mist to stay on the correct melee in the groups and with only multistrike procs you can usually keep ReM on a few of the correct melee.

Deleted
    MW's are pretty bad for butcher anyway , BoS might actually be good there if you think of it.
    Not sure how much it heals for tho, but yeah

Deleted
    A perfect cast of BotS on brackenspore Mythic healed for 500k for me. so it has potential to heal 500k but on butcher it would be less

On Heroic Butcher I tend to just swap to ChiEX and fistweave. Usually helps out the Melee groups a lot.