Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    If they are so hard to kill, why are they not the preferred flag carrier in RBG? Port itself is super useful for flag carrying...
    its rather hard for the usual 1-2 dps that are present in arenas to kill one rather than the 6-7 in ur joke RBG. All they need to do is rape the set bonus that lets them guard friendlies with it and they are fine.

Here we go again with the complaints about monks, do you people realize we have to use BrM to be decent at PvP? Fix Windwalkers and then worry about BrM.

As for the flag carry post, you try carrying a flag when every single mobility move you have doesn't work while holding it. Roll? No. Serpent Kick? No. Tigers Lust? No.
    Last edited by Celede; 2014-12-28 at 03:20 AM.

Gotta focus that BrM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Yeah Brewmaster is pretty stupid. The difference between Brewmaster and Blood DK, for example, is that Brewmaster can do all that healing/shielding onto allies while other tank specs can't. He's not a viable kill target, but he also makes his partners not viable kill targets.

I was playing Priest/Boomkin/Rogue last night in 3s and ran into Priest/Boomkin/Brewmaster, was like a 14 minute game and we hit 40% dampening before we were able to kill their boomkin. Luckily their Priest was Disc and I was Holy, so I was okay through dampening while he fell behind. Plus my Boomkin did absurd damage compared to theirs. But still, the fact that it went 14 minutes before we could win because their Brewmaster was essentially a third healer made me almost want to just leave. Really stupid spec, definitely needs to be changed in PvP.
    He is a viable kill target actually - if you do a bad job of it \ arent sure how the spec works it could be tough. dunno about in 2s.. Which is what you meant maybe.

Edit - in 3s; a priest with BM makes it harder to do that..Admittedly.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2014-12-28 at 08:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    .. this particular screenshot is showing probably the best monk PVP'er in the world and it's not clear how the other team played.
    Doesn't matter, a tank/dps shouldn't put out the same amount of healing as a dedicated healer, personally as a tank I don't think they should put out the same damage as a dedicated dps but that's a design philosophy for Blizzard. Doesn't matter how good or bad the monk was, the numbers he put out make him both a dedicated healer and dps. Very very bad for arena balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Celede View Post
    Here we go again with the complaints about monks, do you people realize we have to use BrM to be decent at PvP? Fix Windwalkers and then worry about BrM.
    Do you realise your argument is flawed? Nobody's complaining about you playing a brm the complaint is that they're far too strong. Yes WW are weak atm but that doesn't mean you let a spec that heals for as much as a healer while dpsing as much as a dps run wild.
    Last edited by mmoc0be20a83e8; 2014-12-28 at 12:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why anybody would even play BrM honestly. Even if WW monks are shait compared to all other melee, literally the only way you play BrM monk is you kite until Leg Sweep and Serenity are off CD and then you go in and kill something. I saw Balance (WW monk) face a Frost DK/BrM monk in 2s and he couldn't ever get to the BrM monk due to the ranged slow which doesn't cost any resources.

I just seems like a horribly boring playstyle tbh lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    I don't get why anybody would even play BrM honestly. Even if WW monks are shait compared to all other melee, literally the only way you play BrM monk is you kite until Leg Sweep and Serenity are off CD and then you go in and kill something. I saw Balance (WW monk) face a Frost DK/BrM monk in 2s and he couldn't ever get to the BrM monk due to the ranged slow which doesn't cost any resources.

I just seems like a horribly boring playstyle tbh lol
    I agree that BrM isn't the most engaging playstyle for PVP but what choice do we have, you could play windwalker perfectly and still get crushed by other melee. It's either either get destroyed as WW, which isn't fun or... play a spec that could be better, yet is actually effective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelsyer View Post
    Do you realise your argument is flawed? Nobody's complaining about you playing a brm the complaint is that they're far too strong. Yes WW are weak atm but that doesn't mean you let a spec that heals for as much as a healer while dpsing as much as a dps run wild.
    Then again, it's hard to understand that a spec is so terrible for PvP that they HAVE to resort to speccing elsewhere to not get destroyed in PvP. WW Monks, as well as Ele Shaman, are two big examples of that. Note how that most Shaman are Resto, and even MW Monks (the least broken Monk spec) are on the low end of PvP representation.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Focus the monk and you win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Then again, it's hard to understand that a spec is so terrible for PvP that they HAVE to resort to speccing elsewhere to not get destroyed in PvP. WW Monks, as well as Ele Shaman, are two big examples of that. Note how that most Shaman are Resto, and even MW Monks (the least broken Monk spec) are on the low end of PvP representation.
    There's no doubt Monks need looking at. Now, besides the age old argument of whether tanks should be allowed in arena or not BrM isn't the problem. A lot of monks are acting as though people are saying they shouldn't be allowed to go BrM. That's not the problem, the problem is the healing and damage BrM is currently doing is equivalent to a 2 man team in arena. Yet, because Monks feel their other 2 specs are lack luster they feel justified in having such a dumbly op spec. Not all of them of course but you can see a few examples in this thread.

Let's put it in to perspective. BrM are currently doing similar damage and healing to un-nerfed ferals at the start of the expansion.

Also, when a spec is this strong you have to wonder if the representation you're seeing is being skewed by people switching to a god like spec for free rating. See Combat Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsyer View Post
    There's no doubt Monks need looking at. Now, besides the age old argument of whether tanks should be allowed in arena or not BrM isn't the problem. A lot of monks are acting as though people are saying they shouldn't be allowed to go BrM. That's not the problem, the problem is the healing and damage BrM is currently doing is equivalent to a 2 man team in arena. Yet, because Monks feel their other 2 specs are lack luster they feel justified in having such a dumbly op spec. Not all of them of course but you can see a few examples in this thread.

Let's put it in to perspective. BrM are currently doing similar damage and healing to un-nerfed ferals at the start of the expansion.

Also, when a spec is this strong you have to wonder if the representation you're seeing is being skewed by people switching to a god like spec for free rating. See Combat Rogue.
    You see the thing is as Ermahgerd said, BrM is just plain boring but as it does more dmg and healing than WW there is literally no reason to play WW and while yes, I agree that OP specs need to be brought down in line with others it can't be done only on one side with no buffs to specs like WW and Enh.
    The moment that WW is viable again (not OP just not free HK) I'm pretty sure that ~70% of people will switch back to WW.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Yeah Brewmaster is pretty stupid. The difference between Brewmaster and Blood DK, for example, is that Brewmaster can do all that healing/shielding onto allies while other tank specs can't. He's not a viable kill target, but he also makes his partners not viable kill targets.

I was playing Priest/Boomkin/Rogue last night in 3s and ran into Priest/Boomkin/Brewmaster, was like a 14 minute game and we hit 40% dampening before we were able to kill their boomkin. Luckily their Priest was Disc and I was Holy, so I was okay through dampening while he fell behind. Plus my Boomkin did absurd damage compared to theirs. But still, the fact that it went 14 minutes before we could win because their Brewmaster was essentially a third healer made me almost want to just leave. Really stupid spec, definitely needs to be changed in PvP.
    This is a known comp, reason is that this forces you to go boomkin, which gives boomkin a ton of procs due to the passive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pucek View Post
    You see the thing is as Ermahgerd said, BrM is just plain boring but as it does more dmg and healing than WW there is literally no reason to play WW and while yes, I agree that OP specs need to be brought down in line with others it can't be done only on one side with no buffs to specs like WW and Enh.
    The moment that WW is viable again (not OP just not free HK) I'm pretty sure that ~70% of people will switch back to WW.
    You're defending your right to play an op spec because your other spec is up but no one's asking Blizzard to nerf BrM to the ground and make it unplayable we're asking them to nerf it in line with what other classes and specs can currently do. You're sore because you can't play WW, I get it, I remember playing back in WotLK when there was literally 1 spec per class in arena. But that doesn't mean your current viable spec should stay so much stronger than other classes. Like I said, BrM is currently in the god tier of what un-nerfed ferals used to be. No matter how bad your other spec is you shouldn't be able to out heal healers and out dps dps.

I don't care if you stay playing BrM until WW is buffed, but BrM is currently a full healer and full dps. It's like you have another player on the team with the numbers you can put out.
    Last edited by mmoc0be20a83e8; 2014-12-29 at 06:05 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    you can nerf brewmaster when they buff windwalker
    nobody likes playing brewmaster in pvp (very few anyway) but windwalker is such utter trash atm
    This times 100000000000000000000. Windwalker is just a free kill in any pvp situation. It is ridiculous at how piss poor they are at pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question, what abilities do they have that lets them heal that amount?

The current top tank healer should be the BDK, so what is that BrM doing to compete with a healer?

The level 30 heal talents aren't that good, they heal for marginal amounts.

The level 75 "Healing Elixers" talent would seem like is the one that heals the most.

I'm sure he can also use Surging Mist as a targetable heal, but that definitely can't be spammed and costs energy which would greatly diminish his damage.

They also have a pretty powerful self absorption shield which I think also adds to the healing meter.

Even with all of those, I still don't see how he could compete with a dedicated healer. Hell, I don't see how he could compete with a BDK.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Even with all of those, I still don't see how he could compete with a dedicated healer. Hell, I don't see how he could compete with a BDK.
    Absorbs count as healing. He can put 80k+ absorbs on himself and his partner. Not sure what the CD is, feels like it's about 5 seconds but I'm pretty sure it's around 30, not positive though. But if you assume he can do ~160k every 30 seconds plus his other heals, it's pretty easy for him to do about 400-500k healing every minute.

The big difference between BrM and Blood, is that blood is almost exclusively self healing, while BrM can heal their partners for an absurd amount plus the shields.

Brewmaster pvp 4 set : Your Guard is also applied to all party members.

Brewmaster perk while lvling, guard has 2 charges.

Guard has a 30 sec cd.

Guard absorbs almost twice a disc priest's shield.

Do the math ^_~

Yeah brewmasters are definitely tough. I thoroughly enjoy playing mine, but the easiest way to kill a brewmaster is simply to focus him down. If left alone, yeah you'll see those crazy healing numbers because you allow guard to keep coming back up and letting him recast it on himself and his teammates. The amount of bgs and arenas I'm able to carry through is absurd simply because people still have the mentality of "oh look a tank, he can't do much" and completely ignore me unless I'm the only enemy around. Admittedly, guard could use some sort of pvp nerf (as badly as I don't want that since it's hilariously fun xD) but once you get past the guard, we're just as squishy as a rogue. Also a lot of the damage numbers comes from the fact that both of our hardest hitting abilities are aoe (keg smash and chi explosion). While they DO hit hard, keg smash has a good size cd (I want to say 10 seconds but I don't remember and I'm at work) and chi explosion requires 4 chi to do max damage.
    Last edited by Bombael; 2014-12-31 at 09:19 AM. Reason: forgot a word xD

Deleted
    I dont really know what we're supposed to discuss here.

You post a picture and comment "seems legit" doesnt really make up for much discussion at all.

Yeah the brewmaster did lots of damage, and managed a lot of selfhealing and you lost.
    That is life, sometimes you win sometimes you lose, better get used to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
    This times 100000000000000000000. Windwalker is just a free kill in any pvp situation. It is ridiculous at how piss poor they are at pvp.
    The problem is, to make WW viable they would have to buff their self-healing to the feral level, great, and now we have another unkillable dps and long games. Crap classes like fire mage and ww make capping in 2s somewhat possible because at least i get some easy wins once in a few games. Most of the time im stuck against hunter/healer lol

The game is broken beyong repair at this point