Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how many inner city youth consider Mike Brown a role model figure.

The thing is a chain of events pre-dating Mike Brown's birth led to him robbing a store. A lot of crime in poor & minority communities is systemic of social, economical, political and cultural influences.
    There are lots of people who came from low-income families and poor communities who didn't end up robbing stores.

Nothing before Mike Brown's birth led to him robbing a store. That was a CONSCIOUS DECISION that he CHOSE to make, KNOWING it was wrong. Don't pin this on his birth, his race, the history of the area he grew up in, etc.

He knew it was wrong.

He wasn't robbing this store for food because he/his family was starving. He robbed it for tobacco.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    stop being so worked up.... The blood pressure will get you when you get older...
    Allcaps != Anger or rage.

Sometimes it merely means emphasis when I didn't feel like typing BBCode tags.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why are people engaging with obvious trolls? Report, ignore, move on.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The thing is a chain of events pre-dating Mike Brown's birth led to him robbing a store. A lot of crime in poor & minority communities is systemic of social, economical, political and cultural influences.
    He is the only one responsible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Hopefully none :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

Which was in part what Malcolm X talked about; the institutional influences on African American behavior, outlook, self worth and social placement.

So like one would have to like not take history, politics, economics, etc in to account for the current American social make-up. Fairly unlikely anyone will do so on a national stage without appearing at best reductive, ignorant at worst.
    No one told the individual, Michael Brown, to steal from the store.
    Your right, when Mike charged the cop, the officer should of given him a giant bear hug instead and say "I am sorry for your poor socioeconomic situation; it justifies the fact you stole a Swisher Sweet from the local goods store"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Probably the vast majority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    And I guess black people aren't racist too right? Come on.
    Sometime even more so, but that doesn't change the fact racism is an evil and ugly thing and should be called out whenever and wherever regardless to is uncomfortable about it, it's also not acceptable to me.

I am NOT a Mike Brown support, I am a supporter of any LAW abiding citizens legitimately trying to address their community with grievances and being insulted and disregarded, that I have a problem with.

Plenty of causes I thought were stupid, but when that many people all around across different backgrounds tell you there is a problem, maybe it's time to listen, EVEN IF YOU DON'T AGREE.

But so far all I see are racist defending Mike Brown vigorously, despite the facts, to those condemning him by saying see, you see, Strong Armed robbery people like that deserved to be shot and killed. The racist around and abound are one in the same, and I am tired of people making excuses for them such as "If only these people should do such and such"

Race is a COLOR not a fucking group organization where members sit around on weekends to meet and agree with one another.

Bottom line, Mike Brown was killed because he attacked an officer, if you believe it had to do with Anything else or should, you are part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Sometime even more so, but that doesn't change the fact racism is an evil and ugly thing and should be called out whenever and wherever regardless to is uncomfortable about it, it's also not acceptable to me.

Bottom line, Mike Brown was killed because he attacked an officer, if you believe it had to do with Anything else or should, you are part of the problem.
    I can agree with both of these.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Eyed Jack View Post
    lawl, if anything your the one sucumbing to bullshit

Nope just going by the facts, Mike Brown was killed because he attacked a cop, not strong armed robbery, and strong armed robbery and people who support suspicion or mistrust in their community and feel wronged, are NOT deserving to be executed.

10+ Year Old Account

I am NOT a Mike Brown support, I am a supporter of any LAW abiding citizens legitimately trying to address their community with grievances and being insulted and disregarded, that I have a problem with.

Plenty of causes I thought were stupid, but when that many people all around across different backgrounds tell you there is a problem, maybe it's time to listen, EVEN IF YOU DON'T AGREE.

But so far all I see are racist defending Mike Brown vigorously, despite the facts, to those condemning him by saying see, you see, Strong Armed robbery people like that deserved to be shot and killed. The racist around and abound are one in the same, and I am tired of people making excuses for them such as "If only these people should do such and such"

Race is a COLOR not a fucking group organization where members sit around on weekends to meet and agree with one another.

What facts? The fact that Mike Brown was a thug and stole a Swisher from a store? The fact that he charged an officer and attempted to steal his firearm? HE WAS A THUG

How about the protestors that don't agree with the ruling that the officer was justified to shoot down the man.

There was no racism involved during this situation, just another man who could not comply with the law despite his skin color.
    Last edited by One-Eyed Jack; 2014-12-27 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Surprisingly accurate answer.
    Nothing else to add.
    So every criminal ever is a criminal because of their parents? There are no other factors?

I can see the comments here are bastion of intelligence as usual.....
    ''i'm not drunk, i'm Scottish''

What facts? The fact that Mike Brown was a thug and stole a Swisher from a store? The fact that he charged an officer and attempted to steal his firearm? HE WAS A THUG

How about the protestors that don't agree with the ruling that the officer was justified to shoot down the man.
    misguided young man seems to be the tone media takes when it deals with whites... why couldn't have Mike been that?

10+ Year Old Account

He could be a Thug and a Part time Girl Scout leader, still wouldn't change the fact he died because he attacked a cop, and the only reason he would or should be dead, you on the contrary seem to believe otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    He could be a Thug and a Part time Girl Scout leader, still wouldn't change the fact he died because he attacked a cop, and the only reason he would or should be dead, you on the contrary seem to believe otherwise.
    I'm done talking to ignoramuses.
    I have not once regarded his skin color to justify his death. Only the content of this mans character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I can agree with both of these.
    Well I am glad for that.

Because if being young and stupid, or being simply stupid became a capitol offense I don't think people will be bitching about race anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    misguided young man seems to be the tone media takes when it deals with whites... why couldn't have Mike been that?
    I don't watch much news, is it really that blatantly obvious the disparity in how we address criminals like this? That's pretty sickening.

More sickening is how strongly the media encourages racism to further their income. No social responsibility whatsoever.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

7+ Year Old Account
    This 100%, I don't really care about his background. He died for attacking a police officer, end of story. I never thought this day would come, but I agree with Mall Security.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm done talking to ignoramuses

Ok, I think Batman just game on HBO East