Orb of deception should fool guards

This is a role playing game! Obviously guards aren't smart enough nor skilled to defeat us in a 1v1, but they are smart enough to tell whether or not we are fake or real using this trinket? It would be nice to fool guards and go undercover in cities.

In movies they always have their "spy" go into castles dressed as one of their own, and the guards always get fooled. Why can't this happen in WoW?

The only negative affect for the role playing aspect, is that the Orgrimmar orc guards may smell human flesh, like they do in Lord of the Rings.
    Last edited by beastdboy1; 2014-12-27 at 01:08 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beastdboy1 View Post
    This is a role playing game! Obviously guards aren't smart enough nor skilled to defeat us in a 1v1, but they are smart enough to tell whether or not we are fake or real using this trinket? It would be nice to fool guards and go undercover in cities.
    Pro tip...... Fly in?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Pro tip...... Fly in?
    No, that's a noob tip. They have flying guards... This is a role playing game, they took out flying for a reason in certain areas. It would also dismount me in certain areas, as well as the guards would too.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, that's a noob tip. They have flying guards...
    only a noob would run into those guards.. their patrol routes have always been crappy.

This is a role playing game, they took out flying for a reason in certain areas. It would also dismount me in certain areas, as well as the guards would too.
    You can fly in every capital city, from vanilla - mop, except exodar and silvermoon city.

your problem is non existent... It's an rp.... the guards can see you...... now rp your way around it.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Agreed. I think that would be cool.
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger

only a noob would run into those guards.. their patrol routes have always been crappy.

You can fly in every capital city, from vanilla - mop, except exodar and silvermoon city.

your problem is non existent... It's an rp.... the guards can see you...... now rp your way around it.
    The RP would be better if they made it fool guards. You can't "RP" around them. In movies, they always sneak into castles and bring spys in them. This is off of reality that we should be able to go undercover.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    And do what? Run around yelling stupid crap in the city? Maybe it can fool guards but definitely not players so they'll just curb stomp you for walking into their city. Want to go "undercover" make a rogue, stealth in. Then you can run around yelling nonsense.
    Do you know what role playing is? I am not going to "make" a rogue just to get in a city... "yelling nonsense".... I don't even...

Pro tip...... Fly in?
    "This would be nice for RP"
    "Are you really having trouble entering cities? What a noob."

Classic MMOChamp
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.