Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    An old joke from when I severed, feels relevant.

What's the difference between a PFC and a Second lieutenant, the PFC has had a promotion.

The reality is officers in most counties are graduates of higher education, and enlisted usually just have to have basic high school. Still some officers are real fence posts. I use to trick my CO daily, I would do all kinds of things that were just wrong, and I got away with it because the officers tended to not notice little details.

ie the cigarette in the hand salute. You can get away with it if you can palm a cigarette and your salute is perfect. I would love to see if a British soldier could do this trick as they salute palm out.

Also my CO was a bit OCD, I use to move things on his desk in such away that he was forced to fix it every morning, while not actually moving things around. ie daily dusting, move the phone from the right side of the desk to the left. No big, no regulation specifying where the phone needed to be. Guaranteed to have him move everything around.

memories.. I was evil when in the Marines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    I got to disagree with this.
    Years ago, when I was a rocking that PFC on my chest, we tried and tried to convince our company commander we were taking a bat shit insane, route out of a city we just searched.
    Ended up with all 5 of us in my humvee hurt, and the driver/tc being double amputee/amputee.
    Commander didn't deal with any consequences minus personal regrets, he may have had.
    In the heat of the moment, you listen to who calls the shots. No room for arguing when bullets are flying, but if your dick isn't in the dirt, and your not returning fire, you probably got time to listen to a suggestion. Granted suggestions from chewed up soup sandwiches likely won't be heard out, but that is more along the lines of individual situations.
    Sorry to hear that. But he was the one in charge and made the call. If you think he put you and your comrades needlessly in harm's way I would think that would be worth an investigation from the higher ups. A leader that willingly ignores info and puts his subordinates in danger shouldn't be leading and should be held accountable.