Poll: Do you want to see garrisons as a feature in the next expansion?

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    Deleted

1+ month of WoD: do you want to see garrisons in the next expansion?

WoD is out for more than 1 month now so I just wonder if people like garrisons and want to see them as a feature in the next expansion.

Deleted
    Not in it's current form. The point of them was to trivialize any daily grinding going on, but it's still a case of "if you want to stay on par with the rest do task x for y amount of days".

It'd be interesting to see either responsive NPC AI (where the Garrison's NPCs respond to the in game actions you undertake) or potential Guild based garrisons without a daily material/reagent farm zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes/No/wouldn't care.

It'd be nice to see. I still like the garrison stuff and I strangely enough don't feel forced to do any of it. However it's a nice little bonus you get per day for minimal effort.

It's an antisocial feature that has destroyed the economy.

But I'm okay with anarchy, so I don't care if it stays or goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    It's an antisocial feature that has destroyed the economy.

But I'm okay with anarchy, so I don't care if it stays or goes.
    How is it antisocial? You're one portal away from the expansion's hub town, you're connected to general/trade chat and you can have friends visit over.

Explain how it's antisocial.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I would definitely not be upset if it played less prominent of a role in the story, but it would be nice if professions continued functioning similar to how they do now. Not having to use the auction house or manually level professions to keep my character supplied is a huge improvement.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    nonononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononono!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    How is it antisocial? You're one portal away from the expansion's hub town, you're connected to general/trade chat and you can have friends visit over.

It's a facebook game without any social interaction. Yes, you're one portal away from doing other stuff, but then you're not doing garrison stuff are you? The Garrison itself is completely locked away from the outside world and any interaction to it. You are absolutely self contained.

Friends invited to the Garrison can't interact in any meaningful way, making it trivial altogether. It's no more a social experience than using a public bathroom.

I voted no because I don't want them in their current form. I wouldn't mind them again as long as they don't make them so integrated in questing.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

I love the garrisons, and I hope they are here to stay..

10+ Year Old Account
    Three weeks ago I'd of said yes.

At this point...no, not as a mandatory features. Having to do it on EVERY SINGLE TOON is freaking exhausting.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, i'd rather get actual content instead of yet another solo minigame

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to see the technology expanded upon, but I don't want to just bring garrisons to the new land.

No.

I do like to collect followers and send them on missions.
    But there are so many things that bother me about Garrisons:

- I think they trivialize professions too much. Professions become just a daily shore.
    - It's weird to see no other players in my main hub. Don't feel like an MMO while I'm at garrison.
    - It's terrible to maintain when you have alts. Makes me feel forced to log on alts each day a lot more than I'd usually do.

I think Garrisons should either be an account feature (all your same-faction alts share the same Garrison, maybe you could even turn some of your alts into followers and send them on missions so they get some bonus) or they shouldn't be personal at all, you'd just have your own followers but "command" a public faction hub (maybe they could be a guild thing that you and your guildmates build together but there's some areas exclusive to you).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    Three weeks ago I'd of said yes.

At this point...no, not as a mandatory features. Having to do it on EVERY SINGLE TOON is freaking exhausting.
    Pretty much this. When i consider leveling another toon i'm seriously going to "urgh gonna have to do that shitty garrison stuff again..." -.-

Deleted
    I'd like them in the next expansion, but a bit different. I feel like the mine/herb places should be scrapped, and some other changes perhaps.

I'd love to see them next expansion. But only if every faction gets their own set of buildings, if blizzard puts as much effort into the horde buildings as they did into the alliance versions, if we can build them in different locations and if it's less passive/feels less like a browsergame. (For example, right now you only have to send your guys on missions and loot work orders, but if I'm sitting in my town hall I want npcs to approach me with problems or see my followers come back hurt because they failed the mission, etc.)

I think it's cool having my own little outpost. However, I wouldn't want it in it's current form.

Things that should change:

-- No impact on professions.

-- Server wide.

-- More personalization/customization

Here is how I would change it in order to keep it.

1. Make Garrison server wide. I shouldn't have to manage a garrison for every single character.
    2. Allow you to construct all profession buildings, but only the building which applies to your professions should be active.
    3. Remove Herbalism, Mining and leatherworking from the game. Make gathering available to all characters.
    4. Give your character a daily profession quest (go somewhere, do something, get a bunch of mats as reward).
    5. Make Mine smaller and easier to access (like herb garden)
    6. Daily quests to craft something in whatever professions you have.
    7. Normal garrison missions should be 24 hours. Long quests should be a week long.

I think as long as they don't make garrisons priority #1 when you log on, then I think they can be a welcome addition
    Moonlife, Boomkin/Tree, Silvermoon, VTX

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post

What portal is there in my garrison?