Loving my shammy

Im still not level 100 so maybe my point of view will change then. Back when cata first came out I decided to level my first shaman as a goblin. It was literally the most fun I ever had in this game. I love all three specs.
    I have never really played my shaman outside of leveling and some light pvp here and there. I really like a challenge though and everyone says shamans are the worst. So as im writing this my shaman is level 97 and is enhance. I started doing skirmishes and bgs at 96 and I honestly have to say I really love the play style. I can see where shamans really need improvements but overall I dont see why everyone complains so much about them. I am doing really good damage and my healing is off the charts. I usually am top heals even with actual healers in the bgs.
    Like I said I will have to wait to become geared at 100 to really try it out, but so far I really like my shaman.
    I currently have a 100 hunter which got boring fast and a 100 druid that I regret leveling so early. I actually mained my druid before WOD and now I cant play them because all three specs are boring to me.

Wait until you are 100 and start doing arenas/raids then you will see

Quote Originally Posted by angeleg View Post
    Wait until you are 100 and start doing arenas/raids then you will see
    Hey, he loves his shaman. I main switched from my mage to shaman at the end of MoP and havnt looked back once. I love playing my shaman as well. Everyone likes playing one class or another, maybe some people need to pick a class they like more.

Quote Originally Posted by Fainth View Post
    Im still not level 100 so maybe my point of view will change then. Back when cata first came out I decided to level my first shaman as a goblin. It was literally the most fun I ever had in this game. I love all three specs.
    I have never really played my shaman outside of leveling and some light pvp here and there. I really like a challenge though and everyone says shamans are the worst. So as im writing this my shaman is level 97 and is enhance. I started doing skirmishes and bgs at 96 and I honestly have to say I really love the play style. I can see where shamans really need improvements but overall I dont see why everyone complains so much about them. I am doing really good damage and my healing is off the charts. I usually am top heals even with actual healers in the bgs.
    Like I said I will have to wait to become geared at 100 to really try it out, but so far I really like my shaman.
    I currently have a 100 hunter which got boring fast and a 100 druid that I regret leveling so early. I actually mained my druid before WOD and now I cant play them because all three specs are boring to me.
    Keep it up man, keep playin what ya love

10+ Year Old Account
    The novelty wears off. Shamans are where Warlocks were at the beginning of MoP. NOT OP Damagewise, but everyone flocked to Warlocks at the beginning of Mop. For understandable reason. They got an overhaul. But with boosts to 90, the Shaman population skyrocketed. People think they're the only ones with the idea to start playing the former lesser played classes. But people will eventually realize that there is nothing new with shamans. DPS classes, healer classes, range/melee, they're all the same. Just a different color. People have a placebo affect with alot of this stuff. Because you're still pressing the same buttons. A different icon is displayed.
    Last edited by Seezer; 2014-12-27 at 06:45 AM.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get the complaints about the feel or playstyle, myself. Been playing and maining Shaman for 10 years constantly, and I've never enjoyed either Ele or Enh more than during MoP and now WoD.

It's the scaling and numbers tuning that's off this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    I don't get the complaints about the feel or playstyle, myself. Been playing and maining Shaman for 10 years constantly, and I've never enjoyed either Ele or Enh more than during MoP and now WoD.

I agree completely. Shaman GAMEPLAY is a TON of fun. Way better than most other mutilated (ability pruning) classes out there. But the numbers are off. They did a bad job with balance this time, especially in pvp. Holinka loves to get showered with compliments on twitter, he retweets random praises regularly. I'd rather him listen to the (valid) complaints.

He is very new to the whole wow game design thing (came to the team im MOP) and that is fine, really. But he should not act as if he knows everything better.

The change I like (and I might be one of the few) is that hybrid healing is actually worth using now. They just need to tone some things down and some things up a little.
    Last edited by Crovyn; 2014-12-28 at 12:34 AM.

After having levelled up my Survival Hunter, Elemental Shaman just feel extremely clunky while having worse survivability and utility. I really don't see the appeal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love my Shaman, too. I have never been able to play any other class without feeling like something is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovyn View Post
    The change I like (and I might be one of the few) is that hybrid healing is actually worth using now. They just need to tone some things down and some things up a little.
    Yes, you are definitely among the few, cause hybrid healing is not worth using now. Less so than ever probably. The only time you'll ever use it in PvE is if your healers are already struggling and you need to keep yourself alive, or you're simply outside of reach to them. In PvP you're not likely to heal more than the damage you'll get incoming, unless of course, your opponent is CC'ed. There is something to be said about Feral or Retribution off-healing, at least in PvP, but that doesn't really affect us, at least not in positive light.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Personally, I despise the Pad2Win play style that Enhance has become. I absolutely hate how overpowered and vital Fire Nova is to Enhance.

The speed of the spec has picked up a little since first raiding. Although I feel its still quite slow, I really like Echo as a talent because it makes the spec play very much how it did with the correct levels of haste.

I hate the end talents, theyre uninspiring rubbish and that effects how it plays in a negative light.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crovyn View Post
    Id like to know where Ive gone wrong with my healing then.

From an Enhance POV, our healing is absolutely rubbish. Healing Stream heals are worth nothing, if it wasnt for the glpyh it would be a wasted press of a button.

Ancestral Guidance? Couldnt sustain me during leveling with cooldowns popped. Not worth using as a raid cooldown unless its during Imperator Add phase and youre Fire Novaing + AGing.

Healing Surge isnt to bad when you can just free cast it on yourself. However in a PVE situation, LB is worth far to much.

The only heals that are worth a damn are Spirit Wolves.

Shaman was one of my most played characters from vanilla until the end of mop. Don't really like them much this expansion.

I maimed enh vanilla until cata, then went ele in cata and mop. Now I really don't like any of the specs.

Opinions are just opinions tho, if u enjoy yours keep playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menubrea View Post
    After having levelled up my Survival Hunter, Elemental Shaman just feel extremely clunky while having worse survivability and utility. I really don't see the appeal.
    Taste differ. I got bored of my hunter almost immediately at 100.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Personally, I despise the Pad2Win play style that Enhance has become. I absolutely hate how overpowered and vital Fire Nova is to Enhance.

The speed of the spec has picked up a little since first raiding. Although I feel its still quite slow, I really like Echo as a talent because it makes the spec play very much how it did with the correct levels of haste.

I hate the end talents, theyre uninspiring rubbish and that effects how it plays in a negative light.

- - - Updated - - -

Id like to know where Ive gone wrong with my healing then.

From an Enhance POV, our healing is absolutely rubbish. Healing Stream heals are worth nothing, if it wasnt for the glpyh it would be a wasted press of a button.

Ancestral Guidance? Couldnt sustain me during leveling with cooldowns popped. Not worth using as a raid cooldown unless its during Imperator Add phase and youre Fire Novaing + AGing.

Healing Surge isnt to bad when you can just free cast it on yourself. However in a PVE situation, LB is worth far to much.

The only heals that are worth a damn are Spirit Wolves.
    I don't feel like Enh Rotation is any different, tbh. It still has the same style and flair it had in MoP. EotE makes the rotation more fun, but it's subpar atm except for AoE fights (I do enjoy Tectus/Emp)