Deleted

Mount drop chance on 10v25

Hey. My apologies if this doesn't belong here.

I've just been wondering about the drop chance of certain mounts and whether or not it's better to farm on 10 or 25 man. This may be common knowledge to some, but I've just never really thought about it. Take for example in Firelands going for the egg of millagazor. In 25 man more loot drops to compensate for the increased pool of players, but does this also up the chance of getting the mount when soloing, or does it drop more often in 10 man to compensate for less loot? Basically, is there an equal drop chance in both modes or not?

Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    if it is a part of both the 10 and 25 man loot tables then its an equal chance regardless of how many loot pieces, as they dont share with each other.

killing the boss on either mode, the game automatically fills the number of gear pieces to drop then does an additional roll to see if the mount is added in as well.

many mounts only drop in one raid size or the other so double checking that can reduce wasted time farming the wrong mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

The only ones I know of for higher chances in 25m is Ultraxion's and Throne of the Four Winds.

Quote Originally Posted by Schirm View Post
    The only ones I know of for higher chances in 25m is Ultraxion's and Throne of the Four Winds.
    Good to know, I've been doing those 2 on 10m thinking it would be the same chance as 25m.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Based on statistics it would appear the blazing drake has a higher chance on 25man?

Blazing Drake from DS has a much higher chance on 25.

I'd like to know the answer as well. Half the people swear the drop chance for mounts such as the blazing drake are the same on 10 or 25, others say it's higher on 25. I don't know if some people just have a tinfoil hat, or if some people do know the real answer, because wowhead isn't exactly 100% reliable.

It's not a big deal for raids like firelands where I can do 25hc with my eyes closed, because I'd do that anyway for more loot, but when I'm doing bosses like Elegon, Horridon, Ji'kun and such, I'd like to know if it's worth doing it on 25man over 10, because that boss is more difficult, and if I can do it on 10 instead of 25 with the same chance, then I'd do it. For now I'm sticking to doing them on 25man.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    I'd like to know the answer as well. Half the people swear the drop chance for mounts such as the blazing drake are the same on 10 or 25, others say it's higher on 25. I don't know if some people just have a tinfoil hat, or if some people do know the real answer, because wowhead isn't exactly 100% reliable.

It's not a big deal for raids like firelands where I can do 25hc with my eyes closed, because I'd do that anyway for more loot, but when I'm doing bosses like Elegon, Horridon, Ji'kun and such, I'd like to know if it's worth doing it on 25man over 10, because that boss is more difficult, and if I can do it on 10 instead of 25 with the same chance, then I'd do it. For now I'm sticking to doing them on 25man.
    I've never heard of any mop mounts having a higher drop chance
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    Dont all mounts got a flat 1% drop ?
    Thats what i though all this time
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by smendou View Post
    LOL.
    /ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by smendou View Post
    I wish! have been running through 25 man DS for a while now with no sign of the mount, although I'm not really complaining.. 2k a week from one raid is kinda nice!

don't you have access to more loot on 25 man?
    wouldn't that sort of increase your chances at getting a mount?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ponies View Post
    Mounts are not part of the normal loot table, if it were to drop it would be an extra item
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Mounts dont replace loot though, they're an extra.

10+ Year Old Account
    mounts don't take a loot slot from the boss, these are completely extra.

for example, if you are farming for anzu, you will get the generic blue AND your epic mount. this is how it works.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    The only boss where it could have a higher chance on 25man, is Blazing Drake. Saw dropping it twice the whole time in 4.3 in 10man while some 25man guild had like 8 of them.

Every other boss has the same chance.
    This is not correct at all.
    I have around 20ish HC kills and 30-40 on normal 25, and we saw only 1.

OT:

Everything that everyone is saying is pure speculation, there SHOULDNT be no difference if you're doing 10 or 25m for the mount to drop, but only Blizzard can confirm that.
    Maybe try with a ticket?
    Last edited by Ktperry; 2014-12-30 at 10:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

All mounts have the same drop rate on all difficulties.
    Some mounts will only drop on certain difficulties or circumstances as well. Mimirons head and invincible for eg.

Just the bosses that can drop more than one mount (like in DS) at a single kill in 25s (and only 1 in 10s), would be reasonable to think have 2x the %chance indirectly.

Al'akir mount isn't higher drop chance on 25man. Wowhead data is just skewed due to so few kills on 25man while having loads more on 10 man. The people who uploaded data for 25 were just luckier than the 10man runners.

Would say the same for Ultraxion, look at the sample size on the wowhead data.

That's what matters. I bet if 10-20k more people killed both bosses and uploaded stats to wowhead the % would go far down on both those for 25man. On the other hand, if you can kill them on 25man, there's really no harm except a few added minutes due to boss hp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!