EXP + set worth it?

So, I main'd WD for a LONG ASS TIME (since d3 vanilla first game out). got to inferno, couldnt do act 2 because WD's were absolute garbage back then, quit. Came back. Quit. Off and on

Now im back again and my paragon is 187. I lvl'd my wiz and am SUPER enjoying it.

Now, my idea was to get a bunch of + exp gear and farm the best Torment lvl to get optimal exp gain.

Im running born's, Cain's, and leoric's signet (BS hellfire ring mat drop rates zzzz).

Im wondering is it more efficient to get the "BiS" and farm higher Torment?

Im clearing T3 stuff without dying (minus the occasional me getting cocky pulling too much or underestimating something)

All advise welcome. PLZ AND TY

15+ Year Old Account
    dont bother with exp gear really, as for rings, u rather want like SoJ//Unity/Ring of Royal Grandeur instead of Leorics
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    imo +Exp is worthless, just a waste of a stat

I have a RoRG atm.

Lemme link my profile here, since i got a rush app to the dentist apparently Zzzzz
    Vivi the wiz

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S.../hero/41858823

Deleted
    Exp gear isn't as much exp as you think since its not multiplicative with the torment bonus only additive.

Get Firebird Set by gamble/rifts/grifts and just melt things.

I see... Thats unfortunate... I mean I don't have suitable replacements atm, but I've prolly salvaged a few away because of my thinking.

DAMNIT.

firebird set with maximus is best atm. soj and RORG tend to be best rings. farm a low torment at a fast clear speed u can gamble just fine for set pieces.
    for a decent gear set my wiz has ok gear.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/C.../hero/53158745
    the soj has ias on it which does nothing atm for firebird but that might change in the next patch. and the leoric ring is there because i already got my 6set. the wand helps me tele around for faster rift clearing, otherwise id probly use my furnace.
    Last edited by announced; 2014-12-29 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    firebird set with maximus is best atm. soj and RORG tend to be best rings. farm a low torment at a fast clear speed u can gamble just fine for set pieces.
    for a decent gear set my wiz has ok gear.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/C.../hero/53158745
    the soj has ias on it which does nothing atm for firebird but that might change in the next patch. and the leoric ring is there because i already got my 6set. the wand helps me tele around for faster rift clearing, otherwise id probly use my furnace.
    Furnace is BiS, sun keeper is 2nd BiS, elite damage is better than fire damage plus you can maintain 75% fire damage along with 100% elite damage easily but with maximus you lose damage over sun keeper and firebirds eye since they give you elite damage and fire damage combined

Can't more agree with you.

If you want to really grind exp, stick a ruby in your helm first. That gives the best xp gain for the less(ussually) damage loss. Also, you can sacrifice a SoJ for a Leoric until your farming speed drops to abysmal levels - you're going to farm t6 and not greater rifts where you aim to go as high as possible.

If you can without losing much power replace your helm with a Leoric's Crown that increases greatly the effectiveness of the socked gem.

Another good trick to farm xp is the Boon of the Hoarder + Custerian Wristguards. The gold adds up quickly and nets a good XP bonus; you can add a goldskin and (if you have kept it) a legacy Kimbo's gold that had something on the line of 100% increased gold (if not more).

Lastly, best farming place is HoA3 if solo and FoM (or FoM+HoA3) in party. very fast clearing and a nice number of packed and soft monsters. An HoA3 clear requires 3 to 4 minutes and nets around 115mil XP without any bonus - nearly the double of a "clear cave" quest for a faster time. it's boring, but effective.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.