Thread: Need to vent

15+ Year Old Account

Need to vent

I'm finding myself really wishing there was an "I had a bad game" thread like the one on the LoL boards. I just had a hideous night and need to blow off some steam.

Every game bar one was a loss. And in a lot of them, we were smashing the shit out of them for most of the match then threw it hard. Like, over and over again. The throws were real.

Like one Shire map - we clean up everything for three rapid, effective DKs and are clearing out their inner buildings. Last DK is running out and it's time to leave - I ping retreats and two people do the right thing and peel off. The DK stays though, wading through a Keep slow to try and hit it while he's on no HP and is getting focussed. So does Muradin. Naturally they both die - we had no minions left to cover us any more, which is why we were getting the fuck out of dodge.

I say "be wary and don't get greedy - we're at the stage where one or two silly deaths can and will cost us the game even from here".

So what does Muradin do? He respawns, runs straight to their base (ignoring everything the team is doing), footwalks through a sea of minions to get to the top inner tower and jumps into the middle of the waiting enemy team to bit that tower twice and kill it. And dies. And says "worth".

During the time he was dead the enemy team grabbed every camp and shoved, and crushed us 5v4.

Even better was a Cursed Hollow - we weren't doing so well in teamfights but had a great one at tribute, that ended up with us 4v2 and both teams on 2/3 tribs. I immediately ping their golem and say "now - RIGHT NOW - theirs then ours then 3rd trib". Valla comes with me. Raynor and Muradin (different guy)... they get halfway. Then stop in lane to clear minions together and push it.

Meanwhile Valla and I are trying to blow up the golem as fast as we can in the 15sec we have until they respawn. It's at 10% or so when I spot their Sonya and Nova very close by. Our Raynor and Mura didn't bother leaving the minions - we end up having to abandon the golem and bail.

We make it out okay. They take the golem and have all 5 up. Raynor and Mura are still in lane. They get murdered. It's now 3v5 with a golem pushing our top so of course they wheel dow and take ours too. Then trib spawns, and they have 3/3

Had those two kept their fucking brains intact it would have been us in the following position - stealing their golem, then getting ours, then getting 3rd trib while they were dealing with the golem splitpushes. Instead, it ended up with them in that position and a loss for us.

Blackheart's - Arthas has been jungling all game and has LOADS of coins. He spots a Zeratul and gives chase, landing one W and running after him. Even though he's at full mana, he doesn't turn on his E, allowong Zera to escape. He then chases the Zera ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE FUCKING MAP to where the enemy team are waiting for him and his riches with open arms.

Right. I feel a bit better now.

Feel free to hijack for ventings of your own.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a vent thread is a good idea. I've not been playing long enough to have any really bad games (I'm sure they're coming though )

Is Jungling a thing in this game btw? From the few games I've played there doesn't seem to be any kind of meta it's just "Grab a lane, do what you can, do objectives", would be interested to see if a Meta forms, or if one has already formed and I've just not noticed it.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Brazorf linked the already existing thread. Closing this one.