Poll: Estimate

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I say it's around 8millionish. Lots of people came back to a different WOW. People from WOTLK or Cata that never came back since. Server issues and lack of content has made the game undesirable. Everything is Garrisons now, or is a huge focus in this expansion. As much casual content that exists, if it doesn't help your character get better at fighting then it's not content. It's a waste of time.

I'm saying 8-9m. In my experience, tons of people have returned, but a few also left again mere weeks after.

Deleted
    Why does everyone care so much? There's so many of these sky is falling threads and they always attract the same rubbish posters. I saw the title and knew Conscious would be posting nonsense here.

My guild is more active than it's ever been, people still coming back in the last few weeks and all having fun playing with each other. So there's another anecdote to the pile. I also know a ton of people who'll trade gold for game time and it'll be a massively important feature in keeping them subbed.

I predict it won't matter in the slightest and won't affect anyone in any way. I am Nostradamus incarnate. All hail!

Deleted
    I always wonder why others care how many people play the game. Honestly, if you wanna see people go to a high realm! Even if 100 million people are playing you are only actually on a realm with 3% of them! Enjoy the game for yourself, not for others.

7 to 8 million at an optimistic highest, WoD has the highest number of leavers since its launch of any expansion even including Cata.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgtar View Post
    I always wonder why others care how many people play the game. Honestly, if you wanna see people go to a high realm! Even if 100 million people are playing you are only actually on a realm with 3% of them! Enjoy the game for yourself, not for others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prem View Post
    Why does everyone care so much?
    I don't care so much.

But I and others care because subscriber count is a good indicator of how people are enjoying the expansion or not.

I'm going to say other, 10-11M. I don't see anyone leaving, I see more and more people comming back every day, and no one leaving so far.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    7 to 8 million at an optimistic highest, WoD has the highest number of leavers since its launch of any expansion even including Cata.
    And where do you get this ''fact'' that there are many leavers? On my side I see old people getting back each week!

It'll go down, subs *always* go up (whether a lot or a tiny bit) right before expansion release, and then go down the following quarter. Lots of people bounce in and out of this game for various reasons, more people are just likely to resub at the beginning of an expansion in order to determine whether or not it's their cup of tea (and leave if it's not, a large segment of MMO players just bounce around from game to game at any given point).

Personally I'm glad things are back to normal, my server still feels very busy but we lost a lot of the super rude trolls that decided to resub and were plaguing up trade chat. Can handle normal trade chat, just not trade chat on troll-oids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexed View Post
    I don't care so much.

But I and others care because subscriber count is a good indicator of how people are enjoying the expansion or not.
    Don't you get that from talking to your friends and guildies? Aren't those the more important ones anyways?

I'd say people are at that stage when they just log for raids and such at the moment, if you aren't a vanity colector freak there really isn't alot to do for you in Draenor. I say this with 4 alts leveled to 100, all of which have heroic instance gear maxed, doing the daily crafts, pickup stuff from Garrison, hell I'm not even bothered to do Apexis daily anymore. I skipped MoP launch (well pretty much 90% of MoP) but this content seems lacking in so many ways.