Current healing set up x2disc, monk, shaman

These are my core healers in our guild

x2 Disc
    x1 Monk
    x1 Shaman - Ele MS

Our shaman can heal but prefers to dps

We usually have 15 players in our raid - How would I set up healing for this? We've been 6/7 for a few weeks now - I just want to get healing down to assignments.

Who would be best for tank healing?
    With double disc should I assign groups Grp 1 +2 ppl in grp 3 and Grp 2+3ppl grp3? 1 on each tank?

What about raid healing cds (esp on imp) - We used a 4th for IMP and had HTT , asc, and SLT used but if/when we have no resto shaman, what other raid cds should I be considering?

Is spirit shell better or worse then using PI?

Thanks for any input you guys can provide. I will answer any follow up questions.

Ask one of them to go holy. Double Disc has too much overlap and they will just cannibalise each other's heals. Having one go holy gives you more options as well as swapping out a raidbubble for Hymn.

Spirit shell is not viable at this ilvl, they would OOM themselves.

Have one of them go holy, 2 disc priest is just going to make them less effective.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Spirit shell is not viable at this ilvl, they would OOM themselves.

Have one of them go holy, 2 disc priest is just going to make them less effective.
    Spirit shell is situational imo.
    I love it on ko'ragh and then prayer of mending 3 groups.
    But yea, try to get one to go holy, they are simply perfect in sync with each other.

Deleted
    You shouldn't need specific healingassignments when you're raiding with 15 players tbh.
    Every healer should be able to heal both tanks and raid without any trouble.
    Just make sure you assign the healingcd's of the healers + rest of the raid so they don't overlap.
    And try and get 1 of the priests to go holy to make your cd's more stable/effective.
    As stated above; double disc isn't as good as a disc+holy.

Double disc is really only viable in 20+ man raids with assigned group heals(even then it isn't ideal). You should really have one of them as holy(as everyone else has stated :P). I mean as far as tank healing goes... everyone is needed for raid HPS on Imperator. All should be casting their "tank essentials" and the priests should almost penance the tanks on CD, normally that is nearly enough to keep them more than alive. They(the tanks) should be using CD's and calling for CD's as they need them. Really there isn't much more to healing. Have a healer CD rotation for killing the adds and you should be fine.

Oh also, I forgot to napkin math you why PI is amazing. For 20 seconds you get 20% reduced mana on your spells, lets say you use all 20 GCD's to cast PW:S at (3840 x .8)= 3072, that nets a savings of 15,360 mana every single time you use PI. Let's say you get 6 of them off on an 11 min Imperator fight. 6 x 15,360 = 92,160 mana saved over the course of a fight, which on a fight like Imp healers know it is a really big deal. Realistically you are probably looking at a savings on 70-80k on average for that fight though. Where as spirit shell is actually costing you quite a bit of mana, and can contribute to being oom at the end of a grueling fight. Having ample mana in P4 really makes all the difference.
    Last edited by Zlebar; 2014-12-29 at 07:19 PM.
    Pew Pew Pow Pow Bam Pop Smack

Deleted
    We sound a lot like you for numbers, not so much class but type anyway. We have a holy paladin so I sent our disc priest holy as per the whole x2 shield scenario seemed overkill - we also then have me a resto druid & a shaman. It gives us a dedicated tank healer and plenty of raid healing + good cooldowns!

As it stands we don't assign tank healers but obviously the paladin picks up a good chunk of it.