Deleted

Keyboard turner requests help from digital legends.

Hello folks.

Basically I am just looking to pick the brains of the people who know a lot more about building a custom gaming PC than myself.

Been searching throughout the internets and the vast amount of how-to guides and information available is staggering and i find myself overwhelmed. I thought i was getting a grasp of the humble beginnings on how to build a capable gaming rig but when it came to actually picking out parts i found myself completely and utterly lost and confused.

Would be grateful if anyone who has the knowledge could answer a few questions I have and give me some pointers in the right direction if they have the time.

1. How much would a a rig cost that would be used for running games such as WoW / SwtoR on max settings and raiding casually. Was looking at a budget of around 800/1000 GBP or would that not be enough?. Looking to start from the case upwards i already have a monitor keyboard etc sorted.
    2. Which components should i buy first so make sure they are capable of working together.
    3. Which websites are the the best to go for in the UK/ deliver to the UK?
    4. Just in general any heads up, pointers you guys could give me would greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance! And hope you all had a festive and merry christmas period and all the best for the new year!

Kind regards.

Deleted
    Okay the topic was not what I expected at all judging by the title, anyways...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (£167.50 @ Amazon UK)
    CPU Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40-TB 86.7 CFM CPU Cooler (£27.34 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£89.99 @ Novatech)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£56.57 @ Ebuyer)
    Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£77.98 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£39.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X Video Card (£227.00 @ Amazon UK)
    Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 ATX Mid Tower Case (£65.00 @ Amazon UK)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£46.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Total: £798.36
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-27 22:59 GMT+0000

You didn't mention an OS so I didn't include that, if you need/want a DVD drive put a few £ aside for that too.

Deleted
    Sorry man can see why the title was mis-leading my bad! Thanks for the well laid out reply though its appreciated. Would the build be centered around the case or would i be able to pick something along the same lines but a different style? Was looking to go for a more blue/black themed case to match everything else I have.

Deleted
    Yeah there are many mid/full towers that would fit these components.

Do you prefer window or no window?

If yes to window should we look for matching motherboard/RAM?

Here is a build guide:

- - - Updated - - -

This one comes to mind but it's £89, are you okay with that?

NZXT H440 (Blue/Black) (note, there is no room for an internal DVD drive)

- - - Updated - - -

Build with all Black/Blue theme:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (£167.50 @ Amazon UK)
    CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 66.3 CFM CPU Cooler (£29.69 @ Amazon UK)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z97 EXTREME4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£106.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£61.84 @ Ebuyer)
    Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£77.98 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£39.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card (£269.98 @ Amazon UK)
    Case: NZXT H440 (Blue/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (£84.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£46.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Total: £885.95
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-27 23:49 GMT+0000

Bumped the GPU to a GTX 970, if you wanna save the money and you're okay with the Black/Orange look of the Tri-X 290 then go for it.
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2014-12-27 at 11:34 PM.

Deleted
    Watched the video from start to finish and its mind-boggled me to new levels! So many different parts and little things that need to match.

In terms of window/no window that wont really bother me. Been looking at a few cases online and came across this model AEROCOOL SYCLONE II GAMING CASE 2 X USB3 on Xcase . co.uk would this be viable for the build?. I really know nothing about it, based it on the fact i just liked the look of it.

Thanks for the continued help!

Deleted
    It should work just fine, I would personally go for the NZXT. It just seem like a much better case overall quality wise, maybe less tacky than the Syclone but hey to each his own