flash of light tanking

I'm new to paladin tanking. Should flash of light be a standard part of my "rotation"? Assuming I'm keeping crusader strike and judgement on cool down and always using shield of righteousness when I can, why wouldn't I use flash of light as a filler? Mana and threat seem to be non issues and anything else I'd use would be just for damage which isn't really my primary purpose as a tank. I figure it would alleviate at least a portion of the work form the healer to keep me up.

Also I almost never use word of glory (the self heal) I just don't feel like it heals enough even at 5 stacks of bastion to be worth three holy power compared to shield of righteousness. Is this an issue of lack of mastery or is it really just sub par?

You can't parry/dodge/block while casting flash of light, so most of the times you will accualy take more damage doing that than you will heal up.

Quote Originally Posted by Omgwtfbbq View Post
    You can't parry/dodge/block while casting flash of light, so most of the times you will accualy take more damage doing that than you will heal up.
    Are we talking about the insta heal or casting? Casting seems stupid, but insta heal, why not?
    Everyone having an Artifact equals nobody having one.

Because Selfless healer isn't good. So you would never have an instant FoL. Sacred Shield is 100x better.

Never cast while tanking. Use those other spells for DMG. Your role as a tank is to take as little damage as possible and do as much damage as possible. Faster shit dies the less you need to be healed.

Outside raids you won't get enough resolve to make WoG heal for enough atm. Even in raids its hardly needed just because you have more than enough HoTs/Passive healing to keep you up through most damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Omgwtfbbq View Post
    Didn't know that. Question 100% answered.