Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Garrisons could be a free game programmed by a kid for an iphone. 8 billion versions of the same thing but harder isn't "content".

Also, "game breaking?" World boss spawning infinite adds and shutting down servers was game breaking. Not a single fuck was given by 99.99% of the community when someone cheated on Twins. How is that game breaking?

Stop posting stupid one liners that do nothing to further your pov.
    Oh should he exaggerate and lie like you?

Twin Ogron felt exactly the same to me on Mythic week 1 as it did on Heroic, the boss fell over while we still had flasks from Kargath active. I'm honestly not sure I would have noticed the difference if his Mythic-only abilities suddenly stopped happening.

Having 1-2 players doing abnormally high damage on Brackenspore doesn't change the fact that screwing up mechanics will wipe you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothrik View Post
    Twin Ogron felt exactly the same to me on Mythic week 1 as it did on Heroic, the boss fell over while we still had flasks from Kargath active. I'm honestly not sure I would have noticed the difference if his Mythic-only abilities suddenly stopped happening.

Having 1-2 players doing abnormally high damage on Brackenspore doesn't change the fact that screwing up mechanics will wipe you.
    For a lot of mid tier guilds (world 300-700) brackenspore is a DPS check that is very difficult (getting shooting down before the dot phase, getting big adds down before 8 or 9 stacks) where the bug helped a huge ton.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchitechSK View Post
    For a lot of mid tier guilds (world 300-700) brackenspore is a DPS check that is very difficult (getting shooting down before the dot phase, getting big adds down before 8 or 9 stacks) where the bug helped a huge ton.
    It's not a "bug" though - at least much less of a bug than the pool strat for Butcher, for example, and that pool strat isn't a bug either, just unintended effect. It doesn't change things that much either: even now post-hotfix, people are still able to get 30 stacks by manually turning on-off the flamethrower, it's just a bit harder since you have to press the /click ExtraActionButton macro every gcd instead of using a /stopcasting command for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    I'd say the severe lack of end game content at 100 that is threatening to lose them a lot of subs is a lot more gamebreaking than some bugs.
    They are always working on the next piece of content, of course they can still fix bugs. They have to.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchitechSK View Post
    We beat the Berserk timer by 2 seconds with our first kill on Brackenspore. Yes, it felt good.

That flamethrower way is the exact same way I always did it. Yeah I noticed it didnt turn off quite as quick as it used to, and sometimes stayed on, didnt even know it had a 'hotfix' though.

As for 'dungeon journal states these abilities', I usually get strats/abilities/mechanics from youtube or other sites. I focus in on the ones which affect me in my role and mostly just follow those. I imagine most people are the same, I dont even know half the abilities by name/difficulty in SoO despite being my guilds main tank for the entire progression, I knew them buy debuff icon/animation etc and what I had to do to react. I still dont know what the debuff name from Twin SHamans was called, I just knew to swap somewhere from 5-10 stacks etc.

As for the fight bugging and not then performing those abilities. Well if they didnt know what turned the abilities off in the first place, how do you know they knew how to turn them back on? If just because you reset them once turned them off, when guilds are racing as a competition, you really expect anyone to go, 'hey guys XX ability is happening, lets reset and lose server first so we can do it legit'? When you might not even be able to get it turn back on.

Also pretty sure most of the races for server firsts are over, and we have a few extra weeks of HM before BRF opens so the gear 'advantage' is pretty much null and void.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    Also pretty sure most of the races for server firsts are over, and we have a few extra weeks of HM before BRF opens so the gear 'advantage' is pretty much null and void.
    There's like 30 Mythic Imperator kills. That's hardly "most server first".

The fact is that these are easy bosses, even my casual raid guild didn't have too many issues with them. I doubt that many people would really even bother trying to exploit.
    Last edited by Senftw; 2014-12-30 at 03:08 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd say the severe lack of end game content at 100 that is threatening to lose them a lot of subs is a lot more gamebreaking than some bugs.
    Agree. Hardly ANYTHING to do. Its disappointing.

Posting that line in the R&D forum is adventurous, to say the least.

What kind of content were you looking for, though? Dailies that everyone is happy are gone? I can't think of anything that's actually missing from MoP other than that. Everything else is there... pet battles, fishing, ore and herbs for farming folks, a ton of dungeons with quite challenging CMs, a brand new raid tier that is not even completely out yet, so you can look forward to even more of the best PvE raid content in the past 3 years IMO...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    Agree. Hardly ANYTHING to do. Its disappointing.
    Are you one of the ~1000 people who are actually done with the existing content? If so, grats, but you aren't going to quit anyway, and we both know it.
    If not, why are you complaining?

Quote Originally Posted by Merlunie View Post
    The first week of mythic many people scum bagged Twins by resetting him causing them to not do mythic mechanics, but still allowed people to get the mythic achievement and loot. On Braken the flamethrowers were bugged allowing people to use them and they would not overheat or gain heat nearly as fast.

This allowed a lot of guilds to get ahead of those who chose not to use these tactics. It gave them not only rankings, but loot. This is not a fair advantage and nothing is being done to combat those who did this on purpose. It is game breaking and while Brakenspore is excusable to a certain extent, Mythic bosses not doing mythic mechanics is bad. It is not one of those things you "don't realize until the boss is dead".

Nothing has really been said and I'm calling BS on this whole thing. While it has been fixed it really screwed a lot of people who wanted to do the bosses correctly. It would be nice if blizzard at least addressed this instead of just fixing it.
    Stop being so mad over a video game.

Bugs are blizzard's own fault. The brackenspore thing was the logical conclusion that basically ANYONE with any brains would've come to, myself and a few others in different guilds I know all came to the same conclusion and used the same method because it is just the logical thing to do, it's not really gamebreaking. We didn't even realize it was a "thing" at the time we did it. If blizzard is so stupid that it was unintended and never thought to do something about it sooner that is their own fault.

As for twin ogron, bosses bug all the time, especially in new content. Sometimes mechanics don't fire off or work properly, sometimes it's in a bad way that makes the fight almost impossible, sometimes it's in a positive way that makes the fight easier, but in either case shit happens and you just kinda deal with it. If they KNEW for certain they were bugging it out and preventing mythic mechanics somehow, that is pretty shitty, but it's not unreasonable for something like that to just occur and for you to not realize what caused it or why it happened. And even if they did it intentionally, who cares? World first race has always been about using whatever you can to get ahead. Half the shit we do is considered unreasonable to the point that it is "unfair" by most people.

Don't get bent out of shape because they made tactics to win faster than you.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post

Don't get bent out of shape because they made tactics to win faster than you.
    Theres tactics, then theres cheating. The difference obviously passed you by.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not really worth their time or resources to fix Mythic bugs that almost nobody will ever see.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrzillasor View Post
    We had twin ogron to like 30% before we realized he wasn't being mythic mechanics on the day of release. We purposely wiped to get a legit kill. Its sad to see all the 2/7 guilds and know that a bunch cheated tobget ahead of the real raiders
    Uhh well the fight isn't necessarily difficult when its doing its full arsenal.
    If you are still in a case where you must do this to kill this fight then you aren't really blazing along.
    Blizzard will fix it. Until then, people in these shoes can probably use all the help they can afford.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Is the reset exploit/bug on Twins still in the game?