Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atxiki View Post
    Hi !
    I was wondering, does the recent PTR modification of Echo of the Elements brings something new on this talent tier?
    I suspect it will be a net buff for single target on the whole mostly due to enhanced proc retention from Flame Shock & more versatility in the rotation for slight mistakes & delays in reaction, but a fairly large nerf to the real advantage of the talent being sustained, extended AoE periods in a fight. It will however increase our on-demand opening AoE burst in terms of reliability for timeframes of 2-6 seconds.

It's definitely a talent that will take some looking at to properly assess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fedelicious View Post
    Not sure if was already asked but is there a sim of whats best race for enhancement for racial damage wise?
    As of current a quick sim with my initial BRF BiS gear I've put together shows the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    More targets with Flame Shock, higher chance to proc the reset of LL.
    Alright but then what's up with Nova being relatively high prio on two targets?

- - - Updated - - -

This probably won't be as relevant for anyone in mythic gear, but I wanted to see how certain trinket combinations scaled to know when I would be replacing Coin, and when/if I should pick up Alchemy.

-667 ilevel profile
    -EM/PE/LM
    -5 min patchwek
    -Not taking into account 6.1 changes
    -only simmed up through heroic BRF
    -didn't bother simming the crit trinket, but it may be worth it

So right away, Stone is a BiS item until at least mythic BRF. But since 6.1 is coming after BRF opens, it may not matter as much. H_Dragonspine combines well with Coin, then better with N_Beating Heart, then better with M_Scales. And H_Dragonspine/H_Beating Heart beats out many of the alchemy combos.

For non-mythic raiders it looks like Stone of Fire is about as solid an option out there if you have the patience for 6.1, and if not then Heroic DS/BH.
    Last edited by Tore; 2015-01-24 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Alright but then what's up with Nova being relatively high prio on two targets?

- - - Updated - - -

This probably won't be as relevant for anyone in mythic gear, but I wanted to see how certain trinket combinations scaled to know when I would be replacing Coin, and when/if I should pick up Alchemy.

-667 ilevel profile
    -EM/PE/LM
    -5 min patchwek
    -Not taking into account 6.1 changes
    -only simmed up through heroic BRF
    -didn't bother simming the crit trinket, but it may be worth it

So right away, Stone is a BiS item until at least mythic BRF. But since 6.1 is coming after BRF opens, it may not matter as much. H_Dragonspine combines well with Coin, then better with N_Beating Heart, then better with M_Scales. And H_Dragonspine/H_Beating Heart beats out many of the alchemy combos.

For non-mythic raiders it looks like Stone of Fire is about as solid an option out there if you have the patience for 6.1, and if not then Heroic DS/BH.
    For heroic, that rings true, however on Mythic I'm generally getting M Beating Heart > M DST > M Trigger > M Scales

Good to see Werdup carrying the Enh torch on this site!

Haven't played the spec since MoP- is it in a good spot right now or should I just stick to my warrior untill we have a major patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Mileylool View Post
    Good to see Werdup carrying the Enh torch on this site!

Haven't played the spec since MoP- is it in a good spot right now or should I just stick to my warrior untill we have a major patch?
    We're in a weird spot where we're horrible on some fights and amazing on others. It's weird. I think you'll find more consistency with warrior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    We're in a weird spot where we're horrible on some fights and amazing on others. It's weird. I think you'll find more consistency with warrior.
    What fight are we "horrible" on? Please...

What fight are we "horrible" on? Please...
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...720&dataset=75

Horrible on brackenspore.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...719&dataset=75

Horrible on Twin Orgron.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...706&dataset=75

Horrible on Butcher.
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Deleted
    That's not horrible. That's slightly below average.

so nothing has changed

On the whole, I'd judge our current state around the Firelands level, where we're acceptable, but not amazing. It is, however, the first time I think in history we've had a really, really strong niche that is enough for guilds to go out of their way to take us and abuse it. Overall, I'm not happy, but I'm not unhappy, I'm just happily in the middle.

Admittedly, it's influenced by how nice it was to be a legitimate and strong DPS in T15 & 16, so in an unbiased world, I'd say we're moderate to strong depending on encounter mechanics.

OK horrible might have been extreme, but definitely in the worst specs in the game.

I'm not a big fan of the niche spec we are becoming, but at least they are trying to change it (aoe nerf and ST "buff" last patch).

Thanks for the amazing guide!

Deleted
    I've a silly doubt that is bugging me

take butcher fight as example, when boss get to 30% and BL is used and thats when ill pop all my cds (Feral Spirit, FET, Ascendance, with EM+Coin)
    my doubt is:

use EM+Coin and then Feral Spirit, FET, SS and ascendance
    or
    Use Feral Spirit , FET, pop EM+coin SS and ascendance

if both are wrong whats the order of cd activation?
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Fedelicious View Post
    I've a silly doubt that is bugging me

take butcher fight as example, when boss get to 30% and BL is used and thats when ill pop all my cds (Feral Spirit, FET, Ascendance, with EM+Coin)
    my doubt is:

use EM+Coin and then Feral Spirit, FET, SS and ascendance
    or
    Use Feral Spirit , FET, pop EM+coin SS and ascendance

if both are wrong whats the order of cd activation?
    Cheers
    It would be:
    FET, Feral Spirit, pop EM+coin, LM, SS then Ascendance, Windstrike, continue

Deleted

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    It would be:
    FET, Feral Spirit, pop EM+coin, LM, SS then Ascendance, Windstrike, continue
    Thanks for clearing this doubt

Been doing some LFR on my alt shammy to gear up and I started wondering if I should try saving the 2nd/3rd elemental mastery for a minute in order to line it up with ascendance? Or should I just pop FS with EM and Asc with FET always?

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you think an 8k DPS difference is acceptable when we are talking about a 21% difference on Twins or 13% on something like Butcher?

Looking specifically at Twins, we are horrible at low Target Cleave. That is one area where we are legit bad. Can you tell me how many fights include low target cleave in BRF? The AoE niche we have fallen into is not appropriate for BRF.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2015-01-28 at 08:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    So you think an 8k DPS difference is acceptable when we are talking about a 21% difference on Twins or 13% on something like Butcher?

Looking specifically at Twins, we are horrible at low Target Cleave. That is one area where we are legit bad. Can you tell me how many fights include low target cleave in BRF? The AoE niche we have fallen into is not appropriate for BRF.
    When talking about class balance you don't take the extreme out-liners of best and worse, you try and see how far off of "middle" they are. Enhance isn't horrible, they're below average yes absolutely, and should have buffs. But they shouldn't be brought up to the Arcane mage dps - instead mages should have slight nerfs.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ...and all of the high cleave melee specs? Highmaul I can accept the "look at the averages" card. We have two fights where we excel and a few where we don't. That's fine.

Blackrock we will maybe have one while gear is an issue And even then it won't be anywhere near the scale of imperator or tectus/kargath. Whereas the rest of the fights are low target cleave and we will be in some serious trouble.

Deleted
    Hey wordup i've another advice to ask you

i've been mostly playing AS/UF with Scale of Doom (650) / Captive Micro Aberration (670)
    I wanted give it a try to EM/PE, can replace Micro Aberration with Lucky coin, but i need advice on how to line cds with it

EM/FET/Feral Spirit/Ascend/coin bla bla all cd at start (0:00)
    Feral Spirit/EM/Coin are available to use (2:00)
    Ascendance (3:00)
    Feral Spirit/EM/coin are available to use (4:00)

FET ready (5:00)
    Should delay it and line it up with Feral Spirit/EM/Coin / Ascendance of 6:00

something like that as cd line up. also worth to use Earth elem totem after my first FET while its on cd?