Page 19 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awols View Post
    I am starting to get overwhelmed with the amount of buttons, mostly with the cooldowns that needs to be used on different times in different combinations.

Can't really wrap my head around how to make the macros effecient, hench why I got 3 macros for Wolves + CDs, Wolves + CDs + Pot, and FET + CDs. I would like to improve my CD management though as I tend to use Wolves on CDs which is around every what. 1min a few odd seconds? making my FET on the 3 minutes mark miss out on short term buffs t.t

How do you guys deal with the cooldowns? in terms of macros? or are you hardcore piano styling it?
    Yeah Im certainly getting that way.

My on pull typically involves Pot, Spirit Walk, FET, Wolves, Ascendance, Trinket, EM (if talented), Liquid Magma and on a lot of fights we hero on the pull. Its ridiculous.

I macro my trinket in with my wolves at the moment (havent got tier yet) but other than that, i just have a lot of auras to track everything but once that initial pull is over, you tend to get a feel for when things are coming off cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaxy View Post
    That'd be great, could you PM me?

Also, what stats did you use for the Sim? Your current stats?
    I simmed myself to see which talents were highest (PE/EM/SET), but other configurations are so close, it's pretty much "pick what you prefer bar EB". The graphs I made were only a mix of common sense and personal experience, I don't know simulations well enough to sim specific cooldown usage.

Sent you a PM with the link to a google spreadsheet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Deleted
    One of the little things that I still find annoying regardless is the 1.5s GCD that remains on wolves. Now that we have the GCD reduction it is something that always frustrates me a bit. First world enhance problems

This has probable been asked before, am I assuming correctly that I will be using Flame Shock only when the it has 9 seconds or less left and that I use Frost Shock for all the other times?

Am I then correct in saying that all Unleash Flame buffs from Unleash Elements between the initial applying of Flame Shock and refreshing of the buff at 9 or less seconds are wasted and I should still use Frost Shock? (Assuming it's a purely single target fight so Fire Nova is useless)

Because I don't see something like ''Use Flame Shock when it has 9 or less seconds or you have the Unleash Flame buff''.

The only class that were as bad at single target dps as enhancement shaman was windwalker monk.
    Seems that last buffs hotfixed all ...

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17M.html

... for monks DDD

Listening to the dungeons and raids Q&A, apparently enhancement is really strong on Thogar according to Watcher and that's our niche yet we are nowhere to be found :/ https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/7#boss=1692

All I see is demo locks, fire Mage, and arms warriors
    H Tichondrius - V I S C E R A L

Listening to the dungeons and raids Q&A, apparently enhancement is really strong on Thogar according to Watcher and that's our niche yet we are nowhere to be found :/ https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/7#boss=1692

All I see is demo locks, fire Mage, and arms warriors
    Top parses have never been meaningful on anything. They heavily favor classes with high variance (fire, warriors). Demo's single target is hardly better than ours with the recent nerfs.

If you look at actual averages (mythic Thogar, 75th percentile), you can see enhancement is 3rd which is really strong.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...t=75&boss=1692

What you're seeing is warriors being too good, not enhancement being too weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

The bigger issue is that they do better than us at AoE and they still get cleave and single target.

It's fine to have niches but looking at other classes we seem to pay a far bigger tax than the rest and several specs seem to have no tax at all. If there are going to be niches, apply the tax fairly.

I'd prefer to have no aoe at all but have competetive cleave and single target dps, which is much more useful on raid bosses. It's funny that classes that have better aoe than enha shaman are also better at cleave and single target, which means that even aoe is no longer our niche. Shaman used to be the only class w/o aoe for many years and it was smaller issue than underperforming on most raid bosses, including very last one.
    Sarasun also mentioned that demo lock does low dps on single target. It's not a issue to change spec for warlock to single target one while you can;t afford to do it on shaman since there is not another melee dps shaman spec
    Last edited by Jimmyx; 2015-02-27 at 09:40 PM.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sarasun, using your same link, look at how many other melee specs are right on our trails there. Warriors, Rogues, Paladins can do equal AoE, much better cleave and much better ST.
    If they are going to use strengths on Operator as an example when Fury beats us, Arms, Combat and Ret are RIGHT on our asses. Then why arent we RIGHT on their asses when it comes to their strengths. As Ryethe said. Its fine to have a niche and pay for that niche in certain areas. Strong AoE should be a trade off for low cleave. However when the other classes can compete equally in our niche and every other area. Thats the problem. The tax has not been applied equally.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2015-02-28 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryethe View Post
    The bigger issue is that they do better than us at AoE and they still get cleave and single target.

It's fine to have niches but looking at other classes we seem to pay a far bigger tax than the rest and several specs seem to have no tax at all. If there are going to be niches, apply the tax fairly.
    Agreed completely.

The larger issue beyond our performance on Thogar (which we aren't even top on, going to ignore Beastlord given the difficulty of the encounter) is that there is no point in even bringing us, when they can bring another class that can ALSO perform on the other fights.

Have you played Enhance on Iron Maidens or Blackhand? It's awful on Heroic, and I bet it's even worse on Mythic.
    Last edited by Smaxy; 2015-02-28 at 07:32 AM.

Have you played Enhance on Iron Maidens or Blackhand? It's awful on Heroic, and I bet it's even worse on Mythic.
    Yup, it is.
    I almost broke my keyboard on iron maidens trying my best to at least not be nearly last.
    It's just impossible when everyone attacking 3 (or 2 when one maiden is on the ship) targets at the same time and you just can't do it (flame shock, liquid magma and fire nova doesn't help). I found it funny when after number of first wipes i checked skada dmg and noticed that:
    On the maiden we are attacking before first ship I'm first in dmg - around 500k dmg above second player
    On the second maiden (we are focused on before second ship) I'm third of fourth - since others attacking her with cleave from the beginning of the fight
    On the last maiden to attack (that we almost didn't attack since we wiped on second ship back then) I was dead last - everyone were doing around 4 million dmg while I was at less than 1 million. It's just ridicouls
    I haven't gor to Blackhand mythic yet, but after heroic I am pretty sure that I won't get spot there (and I'm surprised I got one at Maidens). We are horrible at 2 of 3 final bosses in BRF (not sure about Blast Furnace since we are going to start it on sunday). It's just not right.
    They should take away our "niche" (which doesn't exist anyway since half of specs are doing as good aoe as enha or better) and buff single target and fix (since it doesn't even exist at all) our cleave.

Mythic Maidens as Enhancement is pretty fucking terrible. No way of getting back into melee quickly after Rapid Fire / Bombardments; horrendous cleave, 3 target AoE isn't really a thing on Mythic. Enhancement is definitely the worst class to bring.

Enhancement on Mythic Blackhand isn't a thing. The only melee you'll be taking to Mythic Blackhand will be Rogues and maybe a DK or Monk. At least until the fight gets nerfed or your guild has killed it many times over and it's farm content.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Monk WW niche is cleave fights, they are the best by far on cleave, meanwhile they have one of the best single target dmg(with good burst too), and decent aoe.

Enhancement niche is sustained aoe fights, atm fire mages and ele shamans are better for that, and we are the worst spect for single target, thats doesnt look fair to me.
    Last edited by -NeuroN-; 2015-03-01 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -NeuroN- View Post
    Monk WW niche is cleave fights, they are the best by far on cleave, meanwhile they have one of the best single target dmg(with good burst too), and decent aoe.

Enhancement niche is sustained aoe fights, atm fire mages and ele shamans are better for that, and we are the worst spect for single target, thats doesnt look fair to me.
    Where did you ever get the idea that life as a(n) (enhancement) shaman was fair?

The good news is that we'll probably get another bandaid hotfix this week to make sure we at least stay ahead of DW Frost DKs and Gladiators. Such savage competition! Hope you're as excited for another 5% to stormstrike as I am!

Deleted
    I don't know why people still say that it is ok, because only the top guilds depend on the classes/speccs.
    It definitely matters for top 100 or even top 1000 guild right now. Not only that melee speccs in this tier just suck, we are also the worst melee specc.

Just look at the current warcraftlogs-rankings for Gruul for example. If you want to 5 heal the boss, you need 38,9k dps average (2 tanks accounting for 1 dps). Only 10 people currently are over those 38,9k dps. If you want to 4 heal the boss, you need ~36k dps. Only 40 people are over those 36k dps. Why would any guild that progresses this boss take an enhancer. This boss doesn't even need skill, because it is so easy. So the argument "skill > class" doesn't matter in this fight. This argument shouldn't even matter in most of the progress oriented guilds, because you want to have players that are mostly equal skillwise (if you are playing better then the average, you should search for a new guild).

Quote Originally Posted by Ceridwyn View Post
    Where did you ever get the idea that life as a(n) (enhancement) shaman was fair?

The good news is that we'll probably get another bandaid hotfix this week to make sure we at least stay ahead of DW Frost DKs and Gladiators. Such savage competition! Hope you're as excited for another 5% to stormstrike as I am!
    I personally was hoping for a 5% buff to Frost Shock.

Would be very surprise if anyone bring an enh shaman to mythic Blast Furnace. Good luck trying to aoe with 99% dmg reduction on slag elemental, and does one of the worst single target dps on elementalist.

10+ Year Old Account
    On a fight like Blackhand, where it's a long single target fight (for Enh anyway...) would AS be viable over EM? I'm using SET+PE+EM on him right now. But I am wondering if the sustained AS would be better.
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/

According to sims, echo is better for long substain fight.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/repor....html#player27