Page 20 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    When'd that happen? Coulda sworn they had AS listed for that tier yesterday.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mightve happened when they fixed the bug for it and flurry. Although it appears its still SLIGHTLY affecting Stormstrike and lava lash.

Is there a specific weapon enchant that is recommended for leveling? I currently have a pair of maces enchanted with +15 agility.

For me, AS/UF (29k) gives better result than EM/PE (27k) with gruul fight. Any idea why? I got 2pc tier set.
    Last edited by obfuscate21; 2015-03-02 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    When'd that happen? Coulda sworn they had AS listed for that tier yesterday.
    Purge changed it the other day when another came up with a better ST sim with Echo and a new priority list on Totemspot.

Sad State

So, went to a new and better guild. As expected, getting owned on meters in every fight, including Furnace (Our supposed bread n' butter).

I have been a fan of enhancement since WOD started, until the recent patches. What we were good in, we still are, but other classes are now better. Poor scaling has dropped us to the bottom of the ST meters as well.

Tired of Fire Nova spamming just to keep up. Been playing Enhancement since Vanilla, and have NEVER seen it in this bad of a place for end game raiding.

-Horrible single target dps
    -Competitive AOE dps (not top 3 anymore, especially since adds die in like 3 seconds)
    -Healing is a waste of a click, including AG, except in sustained AOE damage
    -EOE gives you control but is not as much fun to play, IMO. It allows us to spam more Fire Nova's! Oh Joy.
    -Thanks for yet another totem for damage that I have to use to avoid being dead last on single-target fights.

Bliz: When a MELEE dps is casting an AOE spell over one of its "single-target spells" because a second target makes it better by like 3%, something is wrong with the spec.

Sorry that you cannot get the 6 seconds of your life back, that it took to read my rant.

If my mage was only geared enough...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zalapski View Post
    including Furnace (Our supposed bread n' butter).
    Please, whatever you do at this fight and whatever you heard of other players: Stop it. This is not an AOE-fight. This is a single target fight. The only time you should aoe is in p1 and between p1 and p2 and even there the focus on the bellow operators should be prioritized. This is definitely not our bread'n'butter fight if you are doing it correctly.

Fire nova is a single target dps gain with 3+ adds.

So with Echo now being #1 single target and AoE, EM being best for on-demand burst, and AS's lack of synergy with AoE (due to no CL benefit), will we ever be taking AS now?

Honestly it's looking like Echo across the board unless you're having trouble with burst phases.
    Last edited by Tore; 2015-03-03 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    So with Echo now being #1 single target and AoE, EM being best for on-demand burst, and AS's lack of synergy with AoE (due to no CL benefit), will we ever be taking AS now?

Honestly it's looking like Echo across the board unless you're having trouble with burst phases.
    Echo is still bugged with LL and SS
    H Tichondrius - V I S C E R A L

10+ Year Old Account
    So question. Lets say I get the trinket from Gruul (Heroic+) which of these two would it replace immiditely, since its such a good and integral piece.

Lucky Coin
    Scales of Doom (Heroic)

Don't have 4piece currently.

Been leaning towards Coin, but not 100% sure since the burst is just tasty.

How good (or bad) exactly is the alchemy trinket? Especially in relation to the BRF agi trinkets (which we can't get to drop)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -NeuroN- View Post
    Fire nova is a single target dps gain with 3+ adds.
    It is a single target increase with enough targets, however, I agree with his post. Phase two on elementals is a single target burn. You shouldnt be AoEing there, even as Enhance with Fire Nova. You need the slags to survive so you have enough on low enough HP to efficiently break the sheilds. You should have more than enough, however, accidents happen. Secondly they do AoE damage upon death and if youre having melee cleave the shit out of them and having people pad like our guild does (our Warrior and Rogue still spam their AoE like its going out of fashion there) your melee group is going to be taking excess damage. You have one or two of them go off and you can take out a few players as they are hard to see at the best of times.

Because natural cleave is going to do some damage to them, its safer not to be using Nova there IMO.

Up untill that point yeah, its an AoE fest, however, Im finding I am being bested by others there. Perhaps its a strat difference to other guilds, im not sure.

I believe Thogar is probably a better fight to be calling our bread and butter. However, for me personally on heroic the adds are absolutely melting from our rogue and warrior. We also have a second enhance shaman so its just a snipe fest.

is Echo only a ST dps increase with 4 set?

Also does Simcraft do optimal cd management in the current build? (eg. line them up together instead of using them on CD)

One thing I've taken to enjoying with enhance is the power of saving all CDs (which generally at maximum means only delaying by 30 seconds and rarely missing out on a usage) for burst phases like Blackhand P1 and 3 and Iron Maidens 20%. That's such a benefit to the raid as we have an abnormal amount of CDs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

To my point

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Up untill that point yeah, its an AoE fest, however, Im finding I am being bested by others there. Perhaps its a strat difference to other guilds, im not sure.

I believe Thogar is probably a better fight to be calling our bread and butter. However, for me personally on heroic the adds are absolutely melting from our rogue and warrior. We also have a second enhance shaman so its just a snipe fest.
    This is more to my point of the condition of Enhancement right now.

-Competitive AOE dps (not top 3 anymore, especially since adds die in like 3 seconds)
    -EOE gives you control but is not as much fun to play, IMO. It allows us to spam more Fire Nova's! Oh Joy.
    -Thanks for yet another totem for damage that I have to use to avoid being dead last on single-target fights.

Last night I went ALL OUT on Herioc Gruul to a whopping 33.8k. An arcane mage of VERY similar gear did 44.3k. Balance in talents might be better than previous Xpacs, but class balance sure isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Awols View Post
    is Echo only a ST dps increase with 4 set?

Also does Simcraft do optimal cd management in the current build? (eg. line them up together instead of using them on CD)
    Echo sims higher on me with just 2P.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    How good (or bad) exactly is the alchemy trinket? Especially in relation to the BRF agi trinkets (which we can't get to drop)
    Sims for me right between Heroic Dragonspine and Heroic Beating Heart.

Stage 4 Skull of War sims for me lower than both those BRF trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by zalapski View Post
    This is more to my point of the condition of Enhancement right now.

Last night I went ALL OUT on Herioc Gruul to a whopping 33.8k. An arcane mage of VERY similar gear did 44.3k. Balance in talents might be better than previous Xpacs, but class balance sure isn't.
    I don't know what your item level is, but Arcane mages are too strong now, so it's not very meaningful to compare to them.

Well

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    I don't know what your item level is, but Arcane mages are too strong now, so it's not very meaningful to compare to them.
    Although I understand your point and I agree they are strong. Allow me to add some other classes that DESTROYED me.
    1) Ele Shaman - 40.8k
    2) Feral Druid - 39.6k
    3/4) Both hunters at 38+

Again, I restate my comment. 3 classes beating me by 5K on a tank and spank fight, with reasonably equal gear (678), is hardly balance. 3k I could buy as "RNG" or "L2P" but 5K is not something you can excuse.

At this point I would take another silly 5% to SS buff. Even though its so far unbalanced, it won't help much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    One thing I've taken to enjoying with enhance is the power of saving all CDs (which generally at maximum means only delaying by 30 seconds and rarely missing out on a usage) for burst phases like Blackhand P1 and 3 and Iron Maidens 20%. That's such a benefit to the raid as we have an abnormal amount of CDs.
    Its fun for a while.

After doing it for god knows how long its a bit tiresome.

I had someone complain last night about having to macro their on use trinket to something. Pretty sure it was our hunter. I almost flipped a table.

SET, FET, LM, EM, ASC, Spirit Wolves, Trinket. GTFO.