Page 30 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Ive couple pieces i switch depending if AoE or ST
    for maidens mythic (stay down) which one i take?
    (mythic belt haste/vers(single target belt) or mythic mastery multi belt(aoe belt)
    (ive mythic wfg butcher ring 691 enchanted mastery or mythic oregorger one w haste enchant)

Quote Originally Posted by Fedelicious View Post
    Ive couple pieces i switch depending if AoE or ST
    for maidens mythic (stay down) which one i take?
    (mythic belt haste/vers(single target belt) or mythic mastery multi belt(aoe belt)
    (ive mythic wfg butcher ring 691 enchanted mastery or mythic oregorger one w haste enchant)
    Maidens progress will be decided by the last 20% so you'd want to be going all out ST, though if there is problems pushing them early then I would probably at the last say belt, ring I'd probably stick with oregorger.

Deleted
    Nice guide wordup, i highly appreciate your work here.

One question. What addon do you use for the style of your Bars, Buffs and Unitframe? (also that blue line.. part of the addon?)
    Also the big countdown number on your spells would be really helpful for me!
    Taken from your screenshot some pages ago http://puu.sh/fOUlf/8cdae43ac0.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tking View Post
    Nice guide wordup, i highly appreciate your work here.

One question. What addon do you use for the style of your Bars, Buffs and Unitframe? (also that blue line.. part of the addon?)
    Also the big countdown number on your spells would be really helpful for me!
    Taken from your screenshot some pages ago http://puu.sh/fOUlf/8cdae43ac0.jpg
    Lines are done in KGPanels & are separate, just an aesthetic thing I liked because it frames some of the parts of the UI.
    Action Bars is Bartender, with Caith ButtonFacade/Masque skin over them, Unit Frame is heavily customized Pitbull, & Buffs is a very old, & I think abandoned Addon called Bison which is also skinned by Masque.
    Countdown on the spells is also customized OmniCC

Deleted
    Thanks a lot!

Hello since when did you start using so many weak aura?

I prefer sub marine sound only

Deleted
    Hi, and thx for this nice guide

i have a question

on single target prioritý, echo of the elements does it affect your priority ? to manage stacks ?

Quote Originally Posted by spacecowboy123 View Post
    Hi, and thx for this nice guide

i have a question

on single target prioritý, echo of the elements does it affect your priority ? to manage stacks ?
    Not really managing them. It changes your opener because you can double tap Windstrike and Lava Lash but there's nothing you really need to keep track of.

Management is actually the opposite of what Echo makes you do. It lets you try to stay at 0 stacks, get a LL refresh proc to put you at one stack, and sit on it for a GCD or two without feeling like you're wasting it. The only thing you have to do is make sure no ability is ever at 2 stacks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Not really managing them. you can double tap Windstrike and Lava Lash
    double tap is the best choice ? how did you checked ? simcraft ? without ascendance wind>lava>wind>lava is not better ?
    Last edited by mmoc6c59370db9; 2015-05-29 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spacecowboy123 View Post
    double tap is the best choice ? how did you checked ? simcraft ? without ascendance wind>lava>wind>lava is not better ?
    With Echo your goal during Ascendance is to end up with 0 charges on Stormstrike as it ends, & never sit at 2. For the rest of the fight you treat your priority as normal, only adjusting when you get back to back LvL procs that cause you to have to dump a charge because you're capped, & stormstrike still has >2sec on it's cooldown before it will hit 2 charges.

The main benefit of Echo in a ST situation is that it gives you flexibility in your rotation to prevent waste overlaps in your CDs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    So, few questions.
    Elemental mastery. Best to use with wolfs or glyphed fire elemental?
    Does weapon speed have any real impact anymore on dps?

Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    1: Neither, use it with Ascendance.
    2: Yes if you use a dagger you should uninstall.

(In regards to question 1, Wolves is not considered a real cd without the 4 set and even with the 4 set you just use them on CD.)
    Isnt ascendance one of the weakest cooldowns? The only benefit would be windstrike and ignoring armor on whitehits, so why would you use a haste CD instead of saving it for your fireleemntal oder using it on cooldown?
    Last edited by mmocf80cf43b2a; 2015-05-29 at 07:57 PM.

Isnt ascendance one of the weakest cooldowns? The only benefit would be windstrike and ignoring armor on whitehits, so why would you use a haste CD instead of saving it for your fireleemntal oder using it on cooldown?
    Ascendance is a fairly strong single target CD & it works well with EM since it's a period of heightened auto damage. However, if you're glyphing fire elemental, you're likely playing a very short fight duration so you'd be delaying Fire Elemental & EM to Ascendance CD & using all 3 again at once. Wolves with the set bonus would be used at this point too, since it's average about 1min CD, without, you'd hold them too.

At this point, a glyphed fire elemental is very difficult to make use of on anything other than fights in which you can do something like this (3:20-4min~ mark durations) unless it's absolutely needed (really lacking Kromog pillar damage, maybe elementalists on furnace, etc.) from a pure max-DPS perspective.

Deleted
    Given scenario: We have a 5 Minute fight. We can either use EM with Ascendance and wolves or we could use EM on cooldown to use it at min 4 so we would have 1 more in the whole fight.

Is it correct that 1 EM more is > than the Ascendance combo?

I guess you would probably use FET Glyph, so maybe you should use EM with the FireEle + Wolves at min 2,5 and EM at 4,5 + wolves if rdy?

Given scenario: We have a 5 Minute fight. We can either use EM with Ascendance and wolves or we could use EM on cooldown to use it at min 4 so we would have 1 more in the whole fight.

Is it correct that 1 EM more is > than the Ascendance combo?

I guess you would probably use FET Glyph, so maybe you should use EM with the FireEle + Wolves at min 2,5 and EM at 4,5 + wolves if rdy?
    In that situation, you would definitely delay the second Ascendance by 1 minute so you use it at 4 minutes with the 3rd EM & Wolves; & Delay your 2nd Fire Elemental (glyphed) to be used at around 3:50~ if you know it's going to be a 5 minute fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Just going to drop in the link for the HFC Spreadsheet I've put together for gear discussion in here as well, for those interested:

Spreadsheet Link

Deleted
    nice post good job

Out of curiosity Wordup, with the activity on Summonstone increasing (saw your posts over there as well) and Purge working on a guide over there, do you think you'll keep this guide/thread rolling indefinitely or would it make more sense to just jump over there?
    Last edited by Tore; 2015-05-30 at 05:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    In that situation, you would definitely delay the second Ascendance by 1 minute so you use it at 4 minutes with the 3rd EM & Wolves; & Delay your 2nd Fire Elemental (glyphed) to be used at around 3:50~ if you know it's going to be a 5 minute fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Just going to drop in the link for the HFC Spreadsheet I've put together for gear discussion in here as well, for those interested:

Spreadsheet Link
    Why didnt that come to my mind. Thanks!

if i take Primal Elementalist do i macro Empower on all my actions? or is SS enought? or do i do nothing at all and let the ele do all his damage? or can i just stick to unleash elements?
    13/13

Monk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    if i take Primal Elementalist do i macro Empower on all my actions? or is SS enought? or do i do nothing at all and let the ele do all his damage? or can i just stick to unleash elements?
    Don't use Empower, the damage your elemental does naturally is a lot more than what you'd gain from using it. Empower only buffs your damage by 5% so your fire elemental would need to do less than 5% of the damage you deal while it is active for it to be worth while.

For anyone testing on the PTR I have set up a basic weakaura to track MSW up to 10 charges as the Blizzard graphical UI is currently having issues tracking it correctly:

Pastebin Link

& it looks like this:

(Squares that border around the original 5 are charges >5 being accumulated, obviously up to the cap of 10)