Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kario View Post
    Hey Folks, I'm quite new here, and to the Enh Shaman buisness could someone please tell me what would be the best rotation for Enh Shamn for Single Target /Cleave (2-3 ) Targets and Mass AoE (Tectus) I mean stuff like Talents, or some special things we should use,
    what to prioritise SS or LL ?
    Which one while using EotE ?
    When to refresh Flame Shock ?
    How to apply Flame Shock on Cleave/AoE Targets ?
    How to deal with LL spreading FS in those fights, should I reapply Buffed Flame shock ? or just use ever UF buff on FN
    I will much appiracete for help
    The single target rotation is on the first page in the first post and is as follows:

1. Searing Totem
    2. Lightning Bolt if you have 5x Maelstrom Weapon stacks
    3. Stormstrike/Windstrike
    4. Lava Lash
    5. Flame Shock if it has 9 seconds or less remaining
    6. Unleash Elements
    7. Frost Shock

Two target cleave is the same but Fire nova at #7 and Frost shock jumps down to #8.

Mass AoE is just spam Fire Nova with Unleash Elements as often as you can. Spam Lava lash outside of Fire nova since it'll reset very very often, if you still have globals left to use after that you go back to your single target priority.

Which means you prioritize SS over LL because of the way the CDs lineup. (Single target)
    Refresh Flame Shock at ~9 seconds left of the debuff, with Unleash elements buff. (Single target)
    For AoE you use Unleash Elements for Fire Nova since using LL to spread Flame shock doesn't spread the buffed version that's most likely on your main target.

For talents I'd suggest Ancestral Swiftness - Unleash Fury - Liquid Magma. These talents would be the baseline but for some encounter it might be better with another setup such as Mythic Butcher might be better to use Elemental Mastery - Primal Elementalist - Liquid Magma since you can use Fire elemental glyph and sync all your CDs for a 2nd use as Ascendance gets off CD again together with pot.

Ok
    But for Two Targets
    e.g Twins
    Should we Roll Buffed Flame Shock on 2 Targets ? Like switching target every UF +FS, keeping SS on both targets and CL over LL ?
    How to track Buffed/Unbuffed Flame Shock on multiply targets which LL spreading FS ? Or just we shouldnt matter ?

FS refresh ONLY below 9 sec with buffed UF, so we are wasting UF buffs quite often

Talents from the other topic

Kargath : EM / PE / LM
    Tectus : Echo / UF / LM
    Butcher : EM / PE / SE (FET Glyph)
    Brackenspore: EM / PE / LM
    Ko'Ragh : EM / PE / LM
    Imperator : Echo / UF / LM

Are they correct ? Anyone found 100% perfect talents for those fights ?

What about SS over LL with Echo ? When you can sometimes just spam it 2-3 times in a row, how we should spend proc if 2 skills are available?

Deleted
    Ok
    But for Two Targets
    e.g Twins
    Should we Roll Buffed Flame Shock on 2 Targets ? Like switching target every UF +FS, keeping SS on both targets and CL over LL ?
    How to track Buffed/Unbuffed Flame Shock on multiply targets which LL spreading FS ? Or just we shouldnt matter ?

FS refresh ONLY below 9 sec with buffed UF, so we are wasting UF buffs quite often

What about SS over LL with Echo ? When you can sometimes just spam it 2-3 times in a row, how we should spend proc if 2 skills are available?
    On 2 targets and using UE + FS you will overwrite the other targets buffed flame shock whenever you Lava lash so you might as well use the fire damage buff on Fire Nova.

No need to track buff or unbuffed FS imo, since unless you fail quite badly you'll almost always have a Unleash Flame buff when casting Flame shock and if you don't you're probably AoEing in which case the increased damage off of Fire nova is greater.

The buff isn't wasted since the initial Flame shock damage, even with Unleash Flame is lower than that of Frost shock.

Those talent suggestions is with the trinket Lucky double sided coin, which lines up with ever use of EM.

With Echo, use it on LL since it does more damage than SS. Also the fights you use Echo on are multi target fights which usually also means you'll have a fair bit of flame shocks active to proc the LL reset more often, which would already push LL ahead in priority.

Had to comment on those nice looking weakaura strings, thanks.

edit: tried them, a lot stuffs are missing, not as great i thought it would be, although it does look good.
    Last edited by 16dots; 2014-12-31 at 02:01 PM.

Great guide. Thanks for posting a guide to one of the most difficult classes to play correctly. I do a couple of things slightly different, but that is my playstyle.
    What stat weights did you use to put Multistrike over Mastery?

This is an addon wit build in rotatiion What I would require is the raw rotation to check with my current sim settings what's more such an addon work fine only on Singel Target fights,
    Regarding Talents for highmaul
    Anyone able to confirm/deny this talent setup for each boss ?
    Hi. I'm the author of the addon in question.

The addon actually does work well in both single-target and AOE environments. It detects multiple targets by keeping track of everything that you or your minions (i.e., elementals, wolves, totems, trinket proc pets) have damaged within the past several seconds.

If you use the addon, it starts you out with 2 bars. One bar is locked to single-target by default and the other is set to AOE. However, if you explore the configuration options (/hekili), you'll find a few options that can make it more useful:

1. Under Filters and Keybinds, you can bind a key for the addon's "mode." The primary display (locked to single-target by default) can be set to switch between single-target, cleave (for 2 - 4 targets), and AOE for 5+ targets.

2. Under Filters and Keybinds, you can bind a key to turn cooldowns on or off. By default, cooldowns are off because they are abilities that you generally need to activate at keys times in a fight. By toggling them on, the addon will recommend the cooldowns when they are available and their respective conditions for activation are met.

The action lists in the addon are very closely based on the latest SimulationCraft profiles. Conveniently, they are written to work with any combination of talents and glyphs with no known issues at this time. You can also inspect and modify the action lists through the configuration window.

The only major issue with the addon in Highmaul is that on difficulties below Mythic, the addon will detect some invisible or inactive enemies that you cannot really damage. The current workaround is to toggle your mode to single-target (from cleave) during that fight, until you are tossed up into the stands to fight the adds (if you are part of that add group).
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligun View Post
    Great guide. Thanks for posting a guide to one of the most difficult classes to play correctly. I do a couple of things slightly different, but that is my playstyle.
    What stat weights did you use to put Multistrike over Mastery?
    I generally get my weights from running a few sims at a couple of different gear levels. It's generally the most consistent I see, but for example currently when I sim myself, it's showing as Mastery = Multistrike > Haste >>> Vers > Crit.

Most of it I think is coming down to how much unavoidable crit there is on Highmaul manipulating the weights we have, but I honestly couldn't explain it since it's not really my area of expertise analyzing the cause and effect of itemization this early into the expansion. It's hilariously unusual though

Deleted
    Great intro guide for Enhancement.

I would include the priorities for potentially hard casting LB in the priority list. As a lot of Enhancement Shamans don't hard cast as much as they should.

Ok
    But for Two Targets
    e.g Twins

I'll probably be writing up a section on this in the next few days, but for now I'll just give a brief overview of how I've felt the fights were like; bear in mind this is just off the cuff so it's my impressions from Mythic, so it may be different when I write up the full section, as Mythic changes a few things. It's also factoring in that I always use Lucky Double-Sided Coin, so I have some preferrence with FET glyph syncing.

Kargath: EM / PE / LM (glyph Fire Ele) - use cooldowns between each upstairs phase all together. Ascendance will miss out on some EM/Coin uptime.

Tectus: This is a very strange one. With mythic you need to identify what your guild is lacking; so if you need more damage on the initial Tectus spawn to push him, PE (unglyphed Ele) is good along with EM/LM as EM will be back up to sync with coin & pot for the last phase for really fast paced burst. If your DPS on Tectus & the shards is fine, It's absolutely UF/LM, now, Echo vs. EM is entirely down to how quickly your guild AoEs the final phase. As soon as you hit that phase you are going to be looking at 30-50 seconds, then it's dead or you are; meaning if your guild has amazing AoE, you will EM because he will die faster, and you will get more AoE while they're all alive and stacked up. If the AoE is slower, you go with Echo, and hold everything for those back to back Novas. (sorry this is long winded, but it's hard to really condense this stuff :P)

Butcher: EM / PE / LM (LM is just really good single target. Glyph if you're using coin, otherwise it's not really important.)

Twin Ogron: EM / PE / LM

Ko'ragh: Another unusual one. For mythic, I was personally using EM/PE/LM (glyphed Ele) to help with the magic damage pushes on the shield, but if your guild needs more physical, you have the beauty of being able to switch to Echo and focus a bit more on stormstrikes. This fight is really hard to evaluate on the talents because of how uniquely awkward and setup dependant it is, but generally, a rule is you need to identify your raids comp, and decide: more magic or more physical? If it's more magic that you need in bursts, you will take AS, or Glyphed Ele + PE with coin, without no glyph. If it's more physical, Echo is the preferrence. Echo is also useful for bursting the arcane adds down.

Imperator: Currently progressing so a little rusty on everything; however, it feels to me like PE / Echo / LM is good (+ glyph) as you're doing a lot of sustained AoE with low downtime, and EM can't be abused there. On heroic, again using coin I used PE/EM/LM (+ glyph) & could generally cycle a synced elemental per phase & it be up just as the Reaver spawned, if you're being relied on for AoE, I'd definitely go for Echo/UF/LM however.

As I said I'll do a more in-depth section sometime this week, and these off the cuff suggestions are VERY weighted toward using Lucky Coin & mythic tactics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Imperator: Currently progressing so a little rusty on everything; however, it feels to me like PE / Echo / LM is good (+ glyph) as you're doing a lot of sustained AoE with low downtime, and EM can't be abused there. On heroic, again using coin I used PE/EM/LM (+ glyph) & could generally cycle a synced elemental per phase & it be up just as the Reaver spawned, if you're being relied on for AoE, I'd definitely go for Echo/UF/LM however.
    Wouldn't the multistrike gained from Unleash Fury gain you more AoE DPS than what you'd gain from using PE?

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Wouldn't the multistrike gained from Unleash Fury gain you more AoE DPS than what you'd gain from using PE?
    If you're looking purely at numbers, that's true, but I think the mechanics of Fire Nova lend itself enough to be more than enough DPS needed to do the mechanics. I was mostly giving advice with the intention of efficient DPS, instead of just making the biggest numbers possible whether it's useful or not

But yeah, I put in at the end that if you're being relied on for AoE I'd switch to Echo/UF, I just find that PE/Echo lets me do enough sustainable single target inbetween the phases I need to AoE in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chumpion View Post
    While I think this is a great guide, I suggest that you elaborate more on why Elemental Fusion is such a poor talent. You don't give a lot of information about it and it seems like selecting that talent is a trap a lot of newer players are falling in.

Again, great work overall =)
    Yeah good point, added a bit more in other than just "don't use it".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by riphie View Post
    Great intro guide for Enhancement.

I would include the priorities for potentially hard casting LB in the priority list. As a lot of Enhancement Shamans don't hard cast as much as they should.
    Was working on that earlier actually, put it in now. My 4x stack deviates a little from Simcraft standard profile, but adding in a 4xstack has shown a slight DPS increase for me, and generally that's how I play. Always have a little worry with the really in-depth lists though because of how easy it is to lead newer players astray with the more clunky mechanics we have

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    If you're looking purely at numbers, that's true, but I think the mechanics of Fire Nova lend itself enough to be more than enough DPS needed to do the mechanics. I was mostly giving advice with the intention of efficient DPS, instead of just making the biggest numbers possible whether it's useful or not

But yeah, I put in at the end that if you're being relied on for AoE I'd switch to Echo/UF, I just find that PE/Echo lets me do enough sustainable single target inbetween the phases I need to AoE in.
    Oh wow, didn't even see the last part... But you'll be doing a lot of boss damage with Fire Nova, but yeah I'll actually try PE next time on imperator.

Deleted
    Great contribution!

Added in a bit more for some more specific detail on rotations & stat weights, still a bit to do.

Deleted
    Great guide been really helpfull!

There's just one more thing i'd like to know and maybe to be added to the guide,
    the optimal opener/s (opener with the different talent combination)
    because i've been hearing different opinion about opener , discordant opinion on when to use cds like fire elemental/feral etc.. ,some people
    adviced me to use pre pull other said to use after SS,LL so i wish anyone could enlighten me about this

it was useful , but its the rotation with t17 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Behrad View Post
    it was useful , but its the rotation with t17 ?
    This is the current rotation as of the latest Simulationcraft profiles I have as of the most recent update on the 30th December.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedelicious View Post
    Great guide been really helpfull!

There's just one more thing i'd like to know and maybe to be added to the guide,
    the optimal opener/s (opener with the different talent combination)
    because i've been hearing different opinion about opener , discordant opinion on when to use cds like fire elemental/feral etc.. ,some people
    adviced me to use pre pull other said to use after SS,LL so i wish anyone could enlighten me about this
    The opener I currently use is:

pre-pull:
    3sec - Unleash Elements
    2sec - Wolves
    1sec - Fire Ele & pre-pot (Spirit Walk if I need to close a large gap fast)
    0sec running to boss - Flame Shock
    First global is Stormstrike, immediately followed by EM/coin/Ascendance/Windstrike
    That's my personal choice since I feel wasting a Stormstrike for free from the Ascendance reset is a bad choice, unless using Echo & you can guarantee back to back Windstrikes, which is worth the sacrifice.

Deleted
    Finally a thread to satisfy my daily enhancement needs.
    I main warlock and my guild is getting closer to Imperator Mythic, they want me to go enhancement for that fight.
    So this week I will go shammy on farm bosses and try to get some upg's. Sitting at 662 atm.
    Any pointers on my gear/talents etc? (I usually run EM, did some testing of Echo on Imperator HC earlier today)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tgunnar/simple

Thanks for spending time making this guide , it was quite helpful going to try weak auras now.

It would be a cherry on top if you can add an opener macro.

Thank You

I have a kind of tangentially related question.

What do you guys do for keybinds? We have 8 primary offensive abilities at 1min CD or less, and with EM we have 4 long offensive CDs. Some of us have racial CDs and On-Use trinkets. Add in utility like Ghost Wolf, Spirit Walk, Sham Rage, Windwalk (if talented), and Purge. Healing abilities, situation totems, pots... Keyboard real estate disappears quick.

Anyone use some creative macros to consolidate?

EDIT:

Also, I have a question about haste.

I've read elsewhere that haste loses value for us beyond a certain amount. How does this influence things like BL on pull, plus EM, plus Mark of Warsong? Is there a lot of wasted haste going on there?
    Last edited by Tore; 2015-01-03 at 06:57 AM.