Page 43 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Question the about SET+PE interaction that was brought up on FinalBoss.

It interrupts its own spellcasting to stay near players so its a DPS loss, got it. But on something like Gorefiend where the whole raid is stacked for 1 minute, the elemental should never have to move. Is it safe to use PE+SET on Gorefiend without the elemental interrupting itself?
    The exact reason isn't fully sure but the assumed cause is that it's trying to keep the movespeed aura on. If you toggle off the auto cast on the move speed aura it (should) behave itself & on something like gorefiend assuming whole raid stacks you should be ok to make use of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Spreadsheet is back up to date following the 30% SS Buff - Google Docs Link!

Guide front page update with sim stuff will follow this weekend-ish

I Got [Mirror of the Blademaster] Heroic, Warforged with Slot and [Soul Capacitor] Heroic, So if i get archimond trinket normal i need replace any trinket ? or Just Heroic Archimond +?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jeversonmelo View Post
    I Got [Mirror of the Blademaster] Heroic, Warforged with Slot and [Soul Capacitor] Heroic, So if i get archimond trinket normal i need replace any trinket ? or Just Heroic Archimond +?
    For pure single target patchwerk:

Class trinket heroic > Mirror > Soul Cap

But then it gets complicated. Have some AOE? Mirror and Soul Cap should be first choice - unless you can't use one of both trinkets. Mirror has the disadvantage that it places "mirrors" that are completely stationaly for 20 sec. So if there's some movement, your mirrors will hit no target. On the other side, they can be very powerful for AOE.

Soul Cap has a lot of other disadvantages. When you need focus damage, you could explode on all targets instead of your focus target. On Tyrant and Socrethar, it's somewhat suboptimal because it can also hit targets with immunity or -90% dmg taken -> you overall even lose damage. And of course you can explode into thin air, making this trinket even a clear dps loss.

You will have to decide based on your raid and boss what trinket is best. With class trinket, you have 3 great choices and none of them is always best or always worst. It's up to you to decide what trinket is better. Class trinket is very good for focus damage.

PS: You should have 4p t18 for class trinket to be optimal.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2015-07-25 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeversonmelo View Post
    Class trinket + Soul cap ST, Mirror + Soul cap for AoE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inheritance View Post
    Class trinket + Soul cap ST, Mirror + Soul cap for AoE.
    That's much too simple. I have 3 trinkets and swap them for nearly every fight. Soul Cap isn't BIS on many fights, Blademaster trinket has some issues too. For AOE, the multistrike trinket could be BIS too.

It definitely needs some experience to decide which trinket to use. There's no simple answer.

E.g. for Hellfire Assault:
    Soul Cap and Malice are very good AOE trinkets. Core is high single target damage - and the fight is more about high focus dps than high fire nova damage. For progress i'd stick with core and soul cap. Later on, you could use aoe trinkets, but as there's some movement involved, i'd consider taking malice.

Iron Reaver: pure single -> Soul Cap, Core

Komrok: Core (single target is most important), Soul Cap has some disadvantage with jumping into pools, Blademaster trinket has the same issue. Malice could be an option, i'd stick with soul cap.

Council: Core + Malice or Blademastertrinket. Soul Cap sucks because in your burst phase, you need focus damage and soul cap proc even lowers your focus target dps. This is fucking stupid.

Kilrogg: Core for ST + Soul Cap. Soul Cap might have the issue with aoeing adds: if they don't die for some time, you might die becuase of too much dmg incoming. I picked malice for that reason.

Gorefiend: Core for sure, Soul Cap isn't that great if you have to run. I'd consider taking blademaster.

Iskar: Blademaster is cool for those aoe phases! Core has its use for single target phases, soul cap should be higher aoe dps. Your decision: sacrifice single target dps for aoe damage - or don't.

Zakuun: Core + Soul Cap. Might consider blademaster if you have a socket or so on.

Xhul: I go for allout AOE, so soul cap and blademaster/malice.

Socrethar: DON'T USE SOUL CAP! Core is obviously necessary, the 2nd trinket is your choice. Blademaster has higher potential, but it's more difficult to use. Malice is a nobrainer.

Tyrant: Again, soul cap has some issues in last phase where the boss gets nearly no damage and soul cap proc literally reduces your dps. So you have to instantly cancel soul cap. Core is necessary, i'd prefer blademaster as the second trinket, but has some issues in the last phase. Perhaps simply take malice.

Mannoroth: Soul Cap + Core are my prime choice. AOE damage is rather unimportant, core has no issues.

Archimonde: Difficult to say. It's up to you and your raids progress. In progress, i'd not take soul cap because it reduces your focus damage. I'd go for core + malice. On farm, you could consider taking soul cap as focus damage gets rather unimportant. If your raid could need more aoe dps, you can even replace core with blademaster or malice.

Of course, some of you will have other opinions on some bosses. But i'd definitely say, trinkets are definitely not easy to judge. Currently, i use fel spring coil mythic on some bosses because i don't heroic malice. E.g. having warforged and socketed Malice might be a lot better than Soul Cap. It's not an easy decision though. Especially sockets and warforged versions or higher difficulty versions might change a lot. Why take normal mode class trinket over heroic warforged soul cap and heroic warforged malice?

In general i'd say: Core > Soul Cap > Blademaster > Malice > FelSpring Coil. But having higher ilvl or socket might change everything. And especially encounter design and priority targets are very very important.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2015-07-25 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Another Enh shaman in my guild got his ring before raid last night and also has Soul Cap. I don't know the intricacies of it but he did insane burst on Council and I think it was due to timing on the Soul Cap pop into the ring, or ring pop into Soul Cap. It didn't happen on other fights.

There's his log if anyone wants to pick it apart. He peaked at well over 300k.
    I wanted to follow-up this post/discussion

On my Xhul try tonight all of my Maalus (I was the only one with the ring) got absorbed by Soul Capacitor, but my capacitor procs were dealing big hits (1m)

Don't have logs, all I got are skada reports

Does maalus damage gets in soul capacitor??

Deleted
    1m isnt a big hit though.

I would love having someone with ring test the behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post

Test behaviour in what way?
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post

It depends on the situation, but here are some behaviours I have seen:
    Damage dealt outside of Spirit Shift built up by Maalus will count into Soul Cap when it detonates, however any damage dealt while Spirit Shift is active is not counted until the explosion, meaning that gaming the explosion interaction either way is no real gain; and completely RNG given that the soul cap procs have a small window to appear & count it in, and you lose maalus damage by riding a long spirit shift without detonating it into the ring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    It depends on the situation, but here are some behaviours I have seen:
    Damage dealt outside of Spirit Shift built up by Maalus will count into Soul Cap when it detonates, however any damage dealt while Spirit Shift is active is not counted until the explosion, meaning that gaming the explosion interaction either way is no real gain; and completely RNG given that the soul cap procs have a small window to appear & count it in, and you lose maalus damage by riding a long spirit shift without detonating it into the ring.
    So i suspect, cancelling spirit shift in the right moment is even more important than ever before...

Deleted
    Regarding Soul Capacitor and Legendary Ring:
    Cancelling spirit shift early lets our spirit eruption count towards the ring explosion which is 26% at 738 ilvl, whereas not cancelling puts our ring explosion into our soul capacitor to take advantage of the 35% bonus damage. Quick napkin math says that we should cancel the aura as long as our stored capacitor damage is more than 36%* bigger than our current ring explosion. This ignores the remaining time on spirit shift, but usually we can't build a spirit shift so much bigger than our ring without most of the buff expiring. I guess with full legendary ring and mythic soul capacitor the capacitor will only need to be bigger than 78% of the ring explosion to be cancelled which will complicate things but that is a long way away. For now I think the only regular time to cancel early will be on the pull if you get double procs whilst you still have ascendance/prepot active.
    *This value is (Soul capacitor modifier)/(Ring modifier) - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Luqqa View Post
    Regarding Soul Capacitor and Legendary Ring:
    Cancelling spirit shift early lets our spirit eruption count towards the ring explosion which is 26% at 738 ilvl, whereas not cancelling puts our ring explosion into our soul capacitor to take advantage of the 35% bonus damage. Quick napkin math says that we should cancel the aura as long as our stored capacitor damage is more than 36%* bigger than our current ring explosion. This ignores the remaining time on spirit shift, but usually we can't build a spirit shift so much bigger than our ring without most of the buff expiring. I guess with full legendary ring and mythic soul capacitor the capacitor will only need to be bigger than 78% of the ring explosion to be cancelled which will complicate things but that is a long way away. For now I think the only regular time to cancel early will be on the pull if you get double procs whilst you still have ascendance/prepot active.
    *This value is (Soul capacitor modifier)/(Ring modifier) - 1
    Only realistic time you are going to gain advantage from cancelling is if the soul cap eruption will be happening 1-3~ seconds after the ring explosion does depending on what is already in the eruption. There's a weakaura for tracking how much damage is built up into your cap so you can judge from that when cancelling is pertinent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Only realistic time you are going to gain advantage from cancelling is if the soul cap eruption will be happening 1-3~ seconds after the ring explosion does depending on what is already in the eruption. There's a weakaura for tracking how much damage is built up into your cap so you can judge from that when cancelling is pertinent.
    Uhh, could you post this weakaura? Would be really lovely.

Can someone explain this too me?

Legendary DPS ring doesn't seem to be counting damage done by searing totem/magma totem.
    Some totems are affected by the Legendary Rings a little unusually. They benefit twice from the damage increase... (1/2) (WarcraftDevs)
    ...Instead of contributing to the explosion. Same total result. (2/2) (WarcraftDevs)

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsei View Post
    Uhh, could you post this weakaura? Would be really lovely.
    Soul Cap duration
    http://pastebin.com/FXE66STx

Amount (This is not mine, I found it online)
    http://pastebin.com/qxa7B4Yp

How they look
    http://i.imgur.com/O4G8exe.jpg
    Last edited by Manu9; 2015-07-28 at 12:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapathy View Post
    The ring increases damage by 25% whilst active, and then explodes for 25% of damage dealt after 15s, which is numbers wise the same as increasing dmg by 25% and then 25% again or simply a 56.25% damage increase. So our totems are benefiting from that 56.25% increase rather than 25% and contributing to the explosion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapathy View Post

Legendary DPS ring doesn't seem to be counting damage done by searing totem/magma totem.
    Some totems are affected by the Legendary Rings a little unusually. They benefit twice from the damage increase... (1/2) (WarcraftDevs)
    ...Instead of contributing to the explosion. Same total result. (2/2) (WarcraftDevs)
    What Luqqa said is the blue's claim. Whether it's true is debatable, as it doesn't consider adds spawning/dying, etc.

Additionally, not being factored into the ring burst means that they do not get counted for Soul Cap damage either. Currently Soul Cap does not consider any totem damage in its explosion.

If I weren't at work, I would double check that the totems are actually receiving the full 56.25% (1.25 * 1.25) the blues claim.

This does bring up a concern about elementals. Are they receiving the same effect as searing/magma, or are they getting rolled into ring procs? This again matters for soul cap, because if elementals count towards ring explosion that will greatly benefit soul cap's damage on the pull.
    Last edited by jimmyolsen; 2015-07-28 at 01:28 PM.

The claim that totems double dip from the ring is true, has been known for a while, & it is multiplicative (for example a 26% increase ring grants totems a 56.25% increase, but not contribute to explosions). Storm/Fire Elemental do contribute to the explosion however. Liquid Magma also counts as player damage therefore factors into the ring explosion.

Soul Cap on the other hand does nothing to or with totems and Elementals other than Liquid Magma.

Ok. Today I have decided to just either retire or get rid of the shaman. Its not fun sitting because your class is percieved as not being viable in higher progression.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Ok. Today I have decided to just either retire or get rid of the shaman. Its not fun sitting because your class is percieved as not being viable in higher progression.
    Works fine for me. There is only like 3-4 fights where enh is really underperforming from personal experience.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......