Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Multistrike sims a tiny bit higher for single target but it doesn't scale in AoE anywhere near as well as Mastery. Most people go Haste/Mastery because it's not a big hit to single target but its hugely better for AoE.
    My single damage very low; I do not know if it's my spin or if the trinket is so lacking archimond; My Logs

warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/10206386/latest

As always, appreciate the effort you put into these guides
    Last edited by Menc; 2015-08-02 at 10:25 AM.

Deleted
    Hey Guys.

So it comes to the situation where i have to make a descision when it comes to my trinkets.
    Recently i received Class Trinket HC Warforged. Additionally i have the Mirror HC Warforged und the Soulcapi on nhc.

Which combo ist the best for ST and which for Aoe?

ST: Classtrinket HC WF + ?????

Aoe: Mirror HC WF + ?????

Im a bit confused because in WordUp´s guide the Soulcapi in addition with the Classtrinket is BiS for ST. But is it still correct if you have the mirror in hc wf and the Soulcapi nhc?
    Simcraft said: Classtrinket HC WF + Mirror HC WF ist better in ST than Classtrinket HC WF + Soulcapi.

What would you say? Thanks for your opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontraos View Post
    Hey Guys.

So it comes to the situation where i have to make a descision when it comes to my trinkets.
    Recently i received Class Trinket HC Warforged. Additionally i have the Mirror HC Warforged und the Soulcapi on nhc.

Im a bit confused because in WordUp´s guide the Soulcapi in addition with the Classtrinket is BiS for ST. But is it still correct if you have the mirror in hc wf and the Soulcapi nhc?
    Simcraft said: Classtrinket HC WF + Mirror HC WF ist better in ST than Classtrinket HC WF + Soulcapi.

Based on sims, it looks like the heroic Mirror will be better for you, even in single target situations than the normal soulcap, but not by too much. You might just go with whichever playstyle you like: Pressing a CD or responding to a proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontraos View Post
    Hey Guys.

Depends more on the fight than anything else. High movement, use Cap. Lossy split damage with little movement like Socrethar, use Blade. Both can be utterly terrible if the fight does not favor them.

I'd also recommend dropping Cap for Mirror on fights with priority targets that need to be bursted down with a Time To Die of < 10sec. Using Soul Cap on mythic HFA was a nightmare when trying to kill Felcasters.

Hey guys, I have a few priority/CD questions. Sorry if any of this sounds poorly-informed or has been answered. I skimmed the whole thread best I could.

EotE priority: 1 charge LL and SS are below UE/shocks? Or above? This is likely a dumb question.

EotE opener: Is it the same as the opener with EM/AS? Or do you hit some of those 2 charge abilities twice?

LB or CL on 2 target cleave? Reading some calculations done earlier in the thread, it was stated that CL on 2 was a damage loss with UF, but comparable with PE. Especially if you manage to keep the SS debuff on both targets. Is this still true?

2nd pot in some scenarios: Suppose the raid decides to hero at a point of the fight where you don't have great CD lineup. Should you have potted during a good CD sync, or pot during the hero with less than ideal DPS cooldowns?

Quote Originally Posted by shallowfall View Post
    Hey guys, I have a few priority/CD questions. Sorry if any of this sounds poorly-informed or has been answered. I skimmed the whole thread best I could.

EotE priority: 1 charge LL and SS are below UE/shocks? Or above? This is likely a dumb question.

EotE opener: Is it the same as the opener with EM/AS? Or do you hit some of those 2 charge abilities twice?

LB or CL on 2 target cleave? Reading some calculations done earlier in the thread, it was stated that CL on 2 was a damage loss with UF, but comparable with PE. Especially if you manage to keep the SS debuff on both targets. Is this still true?

2nd pot in some scenarios: Suppose the raid decides to hero at a point of the fight where you don't have great CD lineup. Should you have potted during a good CD sync, or pot during the hero with less than ideal DPS cooldowns?
    Prio: Yes, unless the second charge is going to come off cooldown during the global. The goal is to fill as many globals as possible by banking a charge when other buttons are up.

Opener: Same unless Cap proc (then dump everything).

LB/CL: Afaik it is still true, but since once you get 4p you are likely always using UF, it's irrelevant.

Pot: I believe you'd pot in the Bloodlust, but I don't know for sure. Normally you'd be saving CDs for BL anyway, so it'd have to be an odd situation where you could squeeze out one more use for this to apply.

About the opener. If you also have Elemental Fusion. Do you do 2 Lava Lash at the start so you can get the buffed Flame Shock going asap? Or do you start with an unbuffed Flame Shock? (I assume that Unleash Elements is used prepull)

Quote Originally Posted by xerizz View Post
    About the opener. If you also have Elemental Fusion. Do you do 2 Lava Lash at the start so you can get the buffed Flame Shock going asap? Or do you start with an unbuffed Flame Shock? (I assume that Unleash Elements is used prepull)
    With Fusion ideally you wouldn't shock the boss on the way in, just fit in double lava lash after your first Stormstrike then get your Flame Shock applied, then roll from there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    With Fusion ideally you wouldn't shock the boss on the way in, just fit in double lava lash after your first Stormstrike then get your Flame Shock applied, then roll from there.
    Wouldnt it be better to use Flame Shock running in and just reapply it after the 2x LL?

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Wouldnt it be better to use Flame Shock running in and just reapply it after the 2x LL?
    Would consume the Unleash Flame from the pre-pull UE. There could be some merit to UE being used 10~ sec before the pull so it's back up but it will delay the Flame Shock by an extra global; both would likely be similar in terms of raw opening damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    So i just got my 4set bonus.
    What i thought is never use lightning bolt /chain before i get to 10stacks (if the situation allows me to) and just cast once, go down to 5 stacks and cast again at 10stacks.
    This way all my bolt/chains will be at 10stacks and if i play unleashed fury right the damage on the bolt will be max possible.
    What do you guys do with the 4set bonus? Is this a correct playstyle?
    There will be occasions where you will want to cast before 10, (adds almost dead, fire nova almost ready perhaps).
    Also on aoe situations stormstrike will definitely be a priority after flameshock, lava lash, unleash elements and fire nova as chain lightning will be hitting also very hard at +180%..

Unless my thinking is wrong and we just cast no matter how many stacks we have over 5, on every unleashed fury (if it's talented) as much as possible?

Do you have any modification on the main enhancement maelstrom visual effect from blizzard? like going 2 big animations or something that will show stacks over 5?
    Last edited by voskopoula; 2015-08-04 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by voskopoula View Post
    What i thought is never use lightning bolt /chain before i get to 10stacks (if the situation allows me to) and just cast once, go down to 5 stacks and cast again at 10stacks.
    This way all my bolt/chains will be at 10stacks and if i play unleashed fury right the damage on the bolt will be max possible.
    There will be occasions where you will want to cast before 10, (adds almost dead, fire nova almost ready perhaps).
    Also on aoe situations stormstrike will definitely be a priority after flameshock, lava lash, unleash elements and fire nova as chain lightning will be hitting also very hard at +180%..

Unless my thinking is wrong and we just cast no matter how many stacks we have over 5, on every unleashed fury (if it's talented) as much as possible?

Do you have any modification on the main enhancement maelstrom visual effect from blizzard? like going 2 big animations or something that will show stacks over 5?
    Maelstrom damage is increased by stacks consumed, not stacks present, so casting it at 6 stacks or 10 will always do the same amount of damage.

They specifically changed the set bonus in late PTR to fix the 'wait to near 10' issue. Now it only counts the 5 consumed.

15+ Year Old Account
    damn that sucks, yes i went to some target dummies and it seems right, nothing more as damage even if you throw a bolt at 10 stacks .
    So the 4set is pretty simple and just helps you not lose excess maelstrom stacks at all or just have 2 chains ready at incoming aoe trash that dies fast. Still good but not super awesome as i had in mind at least hehe.

I will keep my wa i made that rings a boxing bell at 9 stacks so i wont reach the cap.

I definitely sim higher on Echo but as the raid comp gets more gear and fights become shorter and more optimized, is there any merit in taking EM over Echo to line up with the legendary ring? More so when the value of EM gets higher and higher as the ilvl of the ring goes up.

Quote Originally Posted by makiiholic View Post
    I definitely sim higher on Echo but as the raid comp gets more gear and fights become shorter and more optimized, is there any merit in taking EM over Echo to line up with the legendary ring? More so when the value of EM gets higher and higher as the ilvl of the ring goes up.
    The thing is that Echo is providing tangible benefits outside of simulations that are simple patchwerk fights. It provides a lot more flexibility to deal with mechanics & react to procs, so unless it's pure padding with extremely lucky rng on soul caps I couldn't realistically recommend it anymore. After having tried it myself on a few bosses, even ones that line up really well (Fel Lord only having 2 ring/EM/Ascendance uses so always stacked) didn't consistently outperform Echo just because you can't react to soul cap procs in the same way without the stored charges.

Perhaps in the very distant future of fully upgraded rings & extremely short encounters, it's possible, but currently I'd say not plausible for a majority of fights in HFC.

damn that sucks, yes i went to some target dummies and it seems right, nothing more as damage even if you throw a bolt at 10 stacks .
    So the 4set is pretty simple and just helps you not lose excess maelstrom stacks at all or just have 2 chains ready at incoming aoe trash that dies fast. Still good but not super awesome as i had in mind at least hehe.

I will keep my wa i made that rings a boxing bell at 9 stacks so i wont reach the cap.
    It actually does the same damage it was doing when 10 stacks mattered, they just shifted it to not feel terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    The thing is that Echo is providing tangible benefits outside of simulations that are simple patchwerk fights. It provides a lot more flexibility to deal with mechanics & react to procs, so unless it's pure padding with extremely lucky rng on soul caps I couldn't realistically recommend it anymore. After having tried it myself on a few bosses, even ones that line up really well (Fel Lord only having 2 ring/EM/Ascendance uses so always stacked) didn't consistently outperform Echo just because you can't react to soul cap procs in the same way without the stored charges.

Perhaps in the very distant future of fully upgraded rings & extremely short encounters, it's possible, but currently I'd say not plausible for a majority of fights in HFC.
    I figured as much, the mechanics of echo is so essential with how Enha works that it should really be baked in the class ~~