Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tore View Post
    About the 2p, should I request that a tank hold the Enraged Spirits away from the Corrupted Souls to minimize explosions on them?

- - - Updated - - -

Having some weird Patchwerk sims after my last upgrade. Haste and Mastery are scaling as my worst two stats when using Core+SoulCap. Am at roughly 40% haste and 50% mastery out of raid. Bottom 4 stats all vary by less than 0.1 though.
    1) My group tanks the spirit/boss on the left side (facing Gorefiend) and keeps the corrupted souls on the right side of the boss. This also prevents chimera shots directed at the spirit from accidently spreading to the souls.

2) You just have a lot of haste to the point that warsong procs are pushing you over the 50% soft cap. The devaluation on your haste scale factors does not mean that trading haste for multistrike would be a net positive. A reforge plot at 25 point steps (so 3 steps = 1 gem) shows that changing a single gem would be a loss. Multistrike is typically better than mastery, so that's no surprise. Furthermore, when I ran your stat weights it was .55 for multi, .50 for the rest. That's of minuscule value. Other than getting Tyrant legs out of your cache or Zakuun chest + Mythic Tier Legs from Gorefiend, no gear will be an upgrade for you other than item level bonuses of your current stuff.

While playing echo,
    does it make sense to pool charges for when Soul Cap/pre-leg ring proccs come? Ofcourse while planning ahead for gcds we might have to use.
    E.G for SS, use an SS and then wait till the 2nd stack is almost recharged to use it again? That way if we get a procc in the meantime we get a double SS during procc?

On the same note, as an orc, I guess it makes sense to pool 2 charges before using the orc racial, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoulis View Post
    While playing echo,
    does it make sense to pool charges for when Soul Cap/pre-leg ring proccs come? Ofcourse while planning ahead for gcds we might have to use.
    E.G for SS, use an SS and then wait till the 2nd stack is almost recharged to use it again? That way if we get a procc in the meantime we get a double SS during procc?

On the same note, as an orc, I guess it makes sense to pool 2 charges before using the orc racial, right?
    Delaying for procs is almost guaranteed to be an overall DPS loss, it's way too easy to miss multiple possible uses of the abilities that would far outweigh the use of less buffed uses.

Deleted
    As long as you don't let it reach 2 stacks, but rather 1½ it wouldn't mean you lose uses. So using the maximum amount of abilities within a proc is most likely a DPS increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    As long as you don't let it reach 2 stacks, but rather 1½ it wouldn't mean you lose uses. So using the maximum amount of abilities within a proc is most likely a DPS increase.
    The point is that you cannot reasonably predict when procs occur (that's the whole point), except roughly during long windows of time (ie, you will likely get at least 1 proc in 30 seconds of X). It is not that you lose a possible use, but that you could have simply had more uses in the overall timeframe by not delaying - I don't think it's feasible.

Deleted
    Grats to another Enhancement shaman and his guild for their Mythic Archimonde kill, Werdup!

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    The point is that you cannot reasonably predict when procs occur (that's the whole point), except roughly during long windows of time (ie, you will likely get at least 1 proc in 30 seconds of X). It is not that you lose a possible use, but that you could have simply had more uses in the overall timeframe by not delaying - I don't think it's feasible.
    Unless you delay to the point of a lost use, you'll have the exact same amount of uses so I don't understand what you are trying to say here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoulis View Post
    While playing echo,

While you are not explicitly saving charges for Soul Cap, you do want to make sure you fill as many other globals as possible, generally with FrS. If everything but your last charge of SS or LL (especially LL with it's procs) is on CD, use that charge, otherwise saving it won't hurt until the obvious waste point.

Deleted
    Mythic tyrant progress EF over LM?
    We doing it quiet fast so im afraid that EM wont beat LM, the kill time will be around 6m half

Quote Originally Posted by Evermaw View Post
    Mythic tyrant progress EF over LM?
    We doing it quiet fast so im afraid that EM wont beat LM, the kill time will be around 6m half
    I personally used Storm Elemental for it for the opener Fire Ele, mid phase Storm Ele and final burn Fire Ele; though they're interchangeable.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    I personally used Storm Elemental for it for the opener Fire Ele, mid phase Storm Ele and final burn Fire Ele; though they're interchangeable.
    We got our first kill this past sunday. I too went with Storm Elemental, as that's what the group needed. Our group had 3 frost mages, 3 hunters, 1 arms, 1 ww, so there was no lack of 2-target cleave. Our priority was getting the first aoe circle in p3 to drop before the 4:00 edict. Kill time came at 6:01 after a shit show at 5:00 (second knockback of p3 killed 5).

I have a trinket question -

I recently swapped from Resto to Enhance, and I have a question.

We are 5/13 mythic (damn you gorefiend) and are thisclose to killing him. I recently got my hands on a mythic censer from a cache, and the other trinkets i have are heroic core and heroic soul cap.

I know on gorefiend that cap and censer are the best, but since the mythic censer is SO strong, does it outright beat the heroic soul cap on other fights? I have seen a dps increase when using it, but would like to pick yalls brains.
    Last edited by Flashyy; 2015-09-29 at 02:48 PM. Reason: typo typo typo

Quote Originally Posted by Flashyy View Post
    I have a trinket question -

I recently swapped from Resto to Enhance, and I have a question.

We are 5/13 mythic (damn you gorefiend) and are thisclose to killing him. I recently got my hands on a mythic censer from a cache, and the other trinkets i have are heroic core and heroic soul cap.

I know on gorefiend that cap and censer are the best, but since the mythic censer is SO strong, does it outright beat the heroic soul cap on other fights? I have seen a dps increase when using it, but would like to pick yalls brains.
    Censer does not beat cap. Censer beats Core on Xhul and Iskar. (Mannoroth too if your raids AoE is dog.) The only fight I'd switch out cap for censer is Sorcrethar.

And even in the cases where Censer is stronger than Core, Mirror is stronger than Censer. Censer overall is a bad trinket.
    Last edited by Razecog; 2015-09-29 at 03:33 PM.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

In Werdup's encounter guide, he basically only suggests using Censer on fights where Soul Cap is dangerous and Mirror is potentially ineffective.

My question was more is Mythic Censer>Heroic Cap, but you've helped me a good bit.

Now to kill gorefiend!

My question was more is Mythic Censer>Heroic Cap, but you've helped me a good bit.

Now to kill gorefiend!

Pulled from the spreadsheet, sims are a bit dated there but Censer really isn't that great unless you A) Have RNG on your side and you get mass back to back procs at perfect times or B) have constant cleave/AoE that isn't bursty so is less suited to Mirror.

Thank you kindly.

Thank you kindly.
    I know what you did there.

I want to give Wordup my appreciation for his guide. I have been playing enhance on and off for a few years and this has been a great aid for a somehow quite under appreciated spec.

Three months without even a normal Mirror, only ever seen 2 drop in heroic, got a Mythic Warforged today. Thank you based loot gods.

Although now the next thing I get in a cache will absolutely be a Mirror.

Deleted
    Question regarding Mirror trinket,
    Is it true that mirrors from normal , heroic, mythic do the same damage while spinning but hc and mythic do more damage just because of the extra Agility given by the trinket?

Quote Originally Posted by Evermaw View Post
    Question regarding Mirror trinket,
    Is it true that mirrors from normal , heroic, mythic do the same damage while spinning but hc and mythic do more damage just because of the extra Agility given by the trinket?
    Yes.

That's one of the reasons why the trinket is huge in challenge modes.