Poll: Which should take priority?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Is it smarter to make People like you or better to make them hate your Enemy?

I just wonder which one is the better strategic approach to achieve support?

10+ Year Old Account
    Making people like you can lead to betrayal - someone doesn't have to hate you to betray you, but making them your enemy means you're aware of them and keeping them at arm's length. I go with enemy.

EDIT: I misread it. I'd go with hate my enemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what your enemy is doing, I'd say.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's definitely easier to get people to hate your enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Convince them you're doing what they want. By whatever means.

Its always better to not be a manipulative arse, and foster relationships that are collaborative and supportive.

The fact that you ask this question screams kiddy-bait, or a lack of the most basic social skills.

One is temporary support, the other would be more dedicated support.

I would say liking you would be the smarter thing in the long run.

Deleted
    Hatred has never, and will never, solve anything.

Thinking anything else is just because you can't see the consequenses of hatred.

It's the one thing I hate the most about people, funny how that works huh? But I'd never take my hatred out on anyone, not ever, everyone has a reason for being who they are. It's not up to me to condemn or discredit their choices in life by subjecting them to hate.

That said, sadly hatred is a core part of our emotional spectrum, so it can never be removed....

Also I wont pick a poll answer, because you left out honesty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Hatred has never, and will never, solve anything.
    Same with love. They key to success is being indifferent. To get support and achieve personal success you should like no one, and everyone should like you. I don't see it as a friend/enemy thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Also I wont pick a poll answer, because you left out honesty.
    You can be honest while making friends and while pointing out the flaws of your foe.

Which would you pursue with more priority?

I don't think agitprop is morally acceptable. I'd rather people just honestly disagree with me about things.

Deleted
    You can be honest while making friends and while pointing out the flaws of your foe.

Which would you pursue with more priority?
    Neither, I value honesty over all other values, if people can't handle the truth, reality, for what it is.... Then that is their issue, but I will never hide it for them.

As to the one replying that love is the same as hatred in the regard as I wrote it.... Only because it's the most common cause of hatred, love in itself is the one thing every single human being is born with, or atleast the capability for it... It's a beautiful and powerfull thing/emotion, but as all such things, it's easily corrupted and turned into something ugly.

That said, even if someone has betrayed me 100 times, if I can in the end, find it in my heart to love them, then what they have done in the past couldnt matter less.

The present is all we need, and the future is infinite... The worst disservice you can ever do yourself, is thinking that you dont have a choice.

Even when it comes to feelings, there is always a choice of choosing one option over the other, instead of hate... try to understand, even the most disturbed individuals have a reason behind their actions.

Deleted
    If person A is a true friend I can ask him for help/support to fight B (my enemy) and continue to be my friend after B is defended, England and US in WW2.

If person A only hate B (my enemy) person A can turn on me after B are defeated. "The West" and USSR only united in there common hate agents the Nazi-Germany, and become opponents after the war.

Live your life how you want, people can take you as you are or be a hater. Don't bither trying to shape your life for some weird social engineering fetish
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what exactly you want to get out of the relationship. Making people like you can get emotionally complicated, but is longer lasting. Mutual enemies avoids clutter, but your connection is dissipated with the achievement of a common goal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why not both? Why pick and choose?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Stood in the Fire ImEveryCliche's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say it's smarter to not even end up in a situation where you have to make this choice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    If person A is a true friend I can ask him for help/support to fight B (my enemy) and continue to be my friend after B is defended, England and US in WW2.

If person A only hate B (my enemy) person A can turn on me after B are defeated. "The West" and USSR only united in there common hate agents the Nazi-Germany, and become opponents after the war.
    Not a true friend unless you have fought with each other before. :}
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hate your enemy.

Why?

Because the enemy of my enemy is also my friend, so we win.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenethon View Post
    I'd say it's smarter to not even end up in a situation where you have to make this choice.
    I agree with this completely. not sure what sort of situation you've found yourself in.