Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I agree with you, 1-6 years ago..

Now as an 18 year old, i hate to say this but i wouldn't mind my WOW account shutting down at any time.

If your posting for the first time over this then I would call that an unconscious cry for help, look into some depression help. Look into what ever help you may need.

We tell friends to try not talking about WoW when outdoors, we wouldn't want people to get the wrong impression.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    hehe give a few years and tell us if you feel the same way. tho i do agree wow is fun, but when you first give real life a good chance, amazing things can still happen

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wont try to convince you real life is better since quite frankly depending on the person/situation, it isnt. However the thing is that real life wont just go away if you dont care about it. Unless you have any physical or mental disabilities, real life comes with certain obligations you cant get away from. There comes a point where you have to do something, and youll have to pick the lesser of two evils. Some form of studies or job will be necessary. Many people apply value to relationships, jobs, hobbies, friends or family because those are important to them. If World of Warcraft is important to you, thats all that matters. Just remember that WoW requires a computer and internet, and you require food and a bed. Im not sure who provides them to you now, but they likely wont do so forever.

Whatever psychological evalutions people here give you based on your post, take them with a grain of salt. Just make sure you are honest to yourself. Make sure its real life in general, and not your current real life, that you dont care about. Playing WoW can be many things, from a fun pastime, a way to socialize or relax, to a way to escape or cope with real life or an addiction. Whatever it is to you is personal, and whatever reasons you tell others you have, make sure youre honest to yourself about the truth. If youre looking for accurate, usable or valuable advice, nothing much can come after the short description you gave. If youre looking to give advice, i would say telling others not to waste life with real life is as useful as others telling you that you are young and youll change your mind with time.

Maybe im overthinking your post and you just wanted to see if others are proud to be addicted to World of Warcraft, you can add me to the list. Though I would rephrase being addicted in that case due to the negative undertone, to something like being proud of playing a lot of WoW or proud to be good or commited to it.

Trying to get my # of posts done so I can start a thread. Ignore me

Quote Originally Posted by boldhammer View Post
    Trying to get my # of posts done so I can start a thread. Ignore me
    better be a good one

I think everyone goes through this, not just with WoW. You WILL be obsessed with something, better it be something you love and isn't (too) unhealthy. So long as you're having fun who cares what people think.

Deleted
    I used to play a lot of WoW, then life happened. Finished my Uni, got a great job, got an awesome girlfriend. Now I can't seem to find the time to play WoW. You could say that I was forced out of that addiciton

Deleted
    I had the same attitude since Vanillia to the end of Cataclysm, didn't unsubscribe once. I was the definition of a cave dweller, I didn't go out my door unless it was for work, I chose a 3 hour job just to get back in time for raids and what not. After a while my friends who had been with me since day one left the game and never came back or not on enough to play seriously. I only wanted to settle for the best gear, best rating and what not but in due time it all became boring. Then it hit me, my life was pretty much empty... I only had 2 friends who I get on with really well IRL and obviously my parents. Ever since then I've been trying to sort my life out but to be honest it's not going as planned so maybe I'll return.

7+ Year Old Account
    Played WoW since late Vanilla, think I started around 2008. Was subbed all through BC-WoTLK-Cata-MoP-mid way WoD. This was mainly during my teenage years, high school age. My friends would use me playing WoW as our inside joke, which is pretty common guy friend behavior they always look to rip on someone for anything.
    Friend #1 "Hey wheres *insert name*"
    Friend #2"Probably killing some orcs"
    I show up
    Friend #1 "How did the orc killing go"
    Me "Great I got 50 exp points"
    Things like that. That stigma of being the nerdy gamer is not really around anymore though, people generally accept that everyone plays video games in some form.

Deleted
    I was there too man but i didn't hate real life i didn't quite enjoyed it as much as playing dem gamez that's true but real life can be awesome u know you will definitly understand in a few years hopefully

Deleted
    After 9 years of playing, its hard to stop :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethelynn View Post
    After 9 years of playing, its hard to stop :P
    10+ here and I quit instantly.

Last raid guild I joined couldn't field a mythic group and I was already salty about the change to 20 man only so it was pretty easy for me. Left the raid, gquit, unsubbed, uninstalled the game, and deleted a few more things. It was even easier because I was thinking about leaving the game for FFXIV back in late 2013 (which I was keeping a sub to on the side).

As for the OP? Eh, he has time to figure shit out on his own still so all the power to him I say.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    If you aren't a troll op, you wont feel the same way in a few years. Trust me, i have been there.
    This. I was "addicted" to WoW back in 2009-2010 but not anymore. If I have something better to do, I just don't play WoW and I really don't care anymore.

Deleted
    I'm sure with that attitude you will have no problems in your adult life at all! You need to explore life more and find other things that you can do which will lead to a career because education is pretty important. If WoW means that much to you, I would recommend actually doing something with your real life like learn to be a games designer or something and take your life to new places. Real life can be fantastic if you fight for it.

Do NOT waste it, you will regret it. Unless of course you are trolling as it does sound that way very much. But I just wanted to give some advice. I use to think in a similar way back when I was a teenager and "wasted" my time on WoW. Personally I don't regret it as it did help make me a more interesting person. People say that playing games like WoW doesn't teach you anything. They are completely wrong. I learned how to program AddOns, expand my creative mind through WoW's art and lore, and meet people from around the world. This helped me gain social and life lessons by talking to them, while all these other teenagers at my school who apparently "had actual life's" were getting drunk all the time. To me that is much worse and that life style is certainly not for everyone!
    Last edited by mmoc18ce4fd071; 2015-08-17 at 07:19 PM.

your making a mistake trust me...

When I was 15-18 I was really depressed and spent my time playing WOW. My grades started slipping i did as minimal work as possible to get passing grades. I had very few friends and we only hung out once every other weekend because my interests extended to eating and playing wow.

All my friends moved on from wow to real life and other games and I stuck with wow. Ive never worked full time in my life I have no special skills im bored and I still live at home.

Hopefully you grow out of it.

Remember when watching Scooby Doo every day over summer break was like the ultimate success in life? Back when you were 8?
    Now you're 16 and it's WoW..

Eventually you'll be a grown up. It won't be WoW anymore.