Poll: What form do you think future capitals should take?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reality is that aside from a couple of points of interest such as AH and bank, everything else is largely deserted.

That's why I think Ashran hub is very nice, because it has all the stuff you need in one convenient place and there is a bit of fluff on the sides and that's really all that is needed for a hub area that will be deserted once Draenor expansion is done.

No doubt there should be large cities, but it really only "needs" to be relegated to faction capitals. Tossing a huge immersive city in the expansion is a major waste, unless that city remains relevant after the expansion, I'd rather have that effort invested into actual content and not a momentary fluff.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I made a thread a while back about larger more immersive cities. I had played GW2 and was just floored by the scope of their cities.

I personally think larger cities would be better, I know a lot of people don't want phased zones for cities, and I understand that is likely the only way to create a "breathing, living city" but I would love to see it in WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    The bigger the city, the better the immersion. I think Silvermoon and Stormwind did it best.
    This is my opinion too. At some point they decided to give up on this idea thinking no one cares about faction cities and decided to make tiny crappy rooms as capitals. Except Gilneas which is amazing but all that time and effort and they didnt even finish it.

Pretty disappointing.

Deleted
    In terms of scale I am still very disapointed tbh. Dalaran is way to small lore-wise (towers with windows as big as the head of my character and so on) for example. They often feel like miniatures when you look closely. And yes, this bothers me a bit sometimes because I'd love to have a massive Capital - like they are supposed to be.
    In terms of scale just compare the opening Cinematic for the Human Campagn in WC 3 vs. the Lordaeron/over the Undercity ingame. Quite a immersion breaker sometimes tbh.
    Silvermoon is probably the best Capital in terms of immersion/grandness (and no, its not "just" because you can fly around. Thats not it)

Definitely open. I can never find anything in ashran and it feels claustrophobic.