How do I figure out what I'm doing wrong?

Hey guys. I've been putting a lot of work into improving my DPS lately and I frankly still can't make much headway. I decided to sit in front of a raid dummy for a while tonight and see what was going on. I ran 10 3 Minute intervals on a raid dummy self buffed (no food/flask). I'm trying to figure out if I'm missing something, using the wrong abilities, etc. I was using the following Priority System:

1) Use B. Rage if enraged falls off (Used B. Rage only if I was out of enrage for 1 GCD)
    2) Wild Strikes over 100 rage to prevent Rage Capping
    3) Use Execute with SD
    4) Bloodthirst (unless Rage is >90)
    5) Wild Strikes if bloodsurge is up
    6) Raging Blow
    7) Wild Strikes if Enraged

In the 1-2 GCD's preceding CD's coming off cooldown, I would start to save rage (not capping) and raging blow (unless I had 2) procs to dump into bloodbath.

My opener consists of

1) Charge
    2) Ravager on the way in
    3) Reck+BB macro
    4) BT (B. Rage if it didn't crit to get enraged)
    5) Dragon Roar
    6) Normal Priority List

So, here are the results of 10 runs:

Run # DPS Melee Wild Strikes Raging Blow Raging Blow OH Bloodbath (DoT) Execute Ravager Execute OH Dragon Roar
    1 12670 161 (22.8 %) 38 (21.1%) 26 (10.9%) 23 (8%) 52 (7%) 7 (6%) 33 (5.5%) 6 (5.2%) -
    2 13901 165 (23.3%) 42 (18.4%) 32 (10.7%) 28 (7.5%) 52 (6.7%) 9 (9%) 36 (5.2%) 9 (5.6%) -
    3 14062 159 (22.6%) 59 (29.5%) 23 (7.9%) 22 (6.6%) 52 (7.1%) 7 (5.6%) 35 (4.8%) 6 (4%)
    4 14886 157 (20.4%) 41 (20.1%) 33 (10.1%) 28 (7.4%) 52 (7.2%) 11 (9.2%) 34 (5.2%) 12 (8.6%) -
    5 12489 152 (22.2%) 36 (20.9%) 24 (10.3%) 24 (7.4%) 50 (7.4%) 6 (5.9%) 36 (5.6%) 8 (5.2%) -
    6 20353 155 (13.5%) 42 (13.8%) 23 (6.1%) 23 (4.8%) - 12 (6.6%) - 9 (3.8%) 8 (38.4%)
    7 14915 160 (18.9%) 47 (22.6%) 28 (9%) 27 (6.6%) 52 (6.9%) 11 (7.9%) - - -
    8 13269 155 (20.4%) 52 (24.7%) 30 (10.3%) 30 (7.9%) 50 (6%) - 39 (4.5%) - -
    9 12359 160 (21.2%) 43 (19.3%) 26 (10.1%) 24 (7.7%) - 11 (9.8%) 35 (4.7%) 9 (8.3%) -
    10 12382 158 (24.1%) 40 (19.4%) 24 (8.8%) 23 (6.8%) 50 (6.5%) 7 (7.6%) 38 (5.7%) - -

The 6th Run was anamalous. Dragon's roar didn't even show up for the top 8 abilities in any of the other runs, and suddenly it's 38% of my damage on a 20k run. Furthermore, this is the only run where I'm at where I think I should be at, so this makes it all the more frustrating.

I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm able to hit around 19-21k raid buffed with prepotting and potting @ execute phase, but I'm simming toward 24k, so I'm performing well under where I should. What I'm pulling is OK for my little guild, but it's not gonna cut if for some of the harder HM's and mythic bosses; I need to perform up to what my gear is allowing me. I'm willing to put in the work to fix it, but I just don't know how. What should I be doing to fix my DPS?

Deleted
    Raid buffs are really important for fury, so if you're doing dummy tests make sure to configure simcraft to sim without buffs and make the fight lenght same as yours. You should instead run LFR bosses or something for testing purposes! I'll PM you.

Deleted
    Hi Calm,

Gonna address 2 things here:

1) Dragon Roar in dummy testing:
    If you're doing 3 mil dmg tests, with roughly 15k dps, you're standing there for 3 minutes something - which should give you 4 dragon roars every time - on the table above you have 8 - which tells me you quite possibly were standing too close to the lower lvl dummies, explaining the burst in dps from that ability.

2) Rage-capping and priorities:
    Delaying BT because you're high on rage, is not logic atm. Yes, rage management and "not-rage-capping" WAS a huge part of fury, but since you don't have an off-gcd dumb anymore, that has sorta changed. Here's the reason why:
    - When you don't delay BT, you can fit 2x BTs into an enrage window due to blizzard extending that window.
    - BT proc's your Bloodsurge and RBs, which are both more DPE and DPR than hardcast-WS.
    - Having a filled ragebar will enable you to hardcast WS more often when unlucky with procs, thus reducing empty GCDs.
    - BT on CD increases the enrage uptime, the value of mastery and your avg. DPE efficiency.
    NOTE: the need for BT on CD will likely decrease IF gear allows you to once again reach near-cap crit scenarios (this is some time down the road atm). But the importance of your enrage uptime will increase with your gear, as both WPdmg, Mastery and AP will have an amplified effect from it As an example, I'm able to keep around 94% enrage uptime on butcher atm. I do delay it sometimes tho, but here's the rules I follow

1) Execute on SD
    2) RB if 2 stacks banked (not applicable sub 20%)
    3) BT
    4) Execute sub 20%
    5) WS proc'ed
    6) RB
    7) WS hardcast

If anyone wanna dispute this reasoning, I'd be happy to debate the topic, as I find the general perception of rage-management (WS-hardcast vs BT on CD) misleading.

/Falken

Ignoring RBs sub-20% is debatable. After cds and pot wear off, you should use execute only instead of non-proc WS.

You don't ignore RB's below 20%, you simply prioritize Execute higher. In practice this means that you'll use BT on CD, Execute whenever you're above 30 rage and enraged, if below 30 rage use whichever button you have available that has the highest priority. This means that you'll most likely "waste" a few RB stacks, but it's the best rotation that we've been able to find in Sim-C. One could argue for proc'ed WS being prioritized above Execute as it's in practice free damage due to having free globals anyhow sub 20%, but the difference is not that big either way.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Well that's the rotation i came to naturally (and which i am doing myself), but that only should the best if you don't miss any gcds due to rage starvation.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkenRaiding View Post
    Hi Calm,

Gonna address 2 things here:

1) Dragon Roar in dummy testing:
    If you're doing 3 mil dmg tests, with roughly 15k dps, you're standing there for 3 minutes something - which should give you 4 dragon roars every time - on the table above you have 8 - which tells me you quite possibly were standing too close to the lower lvl dummies, explaining the burst in dps from that ability.

2) Rage-capping and priorities:
    Delaying BT because you're high on rage, is not logic atm. Yes, rage management and "not-rage-capping" WAS a huge part of fury, but since you don't have an off-gcd dumb anymore, that has sorta changed. Here's the reason why:
    - When you don't delay BT, you can fit 2x BTs into an enrage window due to blizzard extending that window.
    - BT proc's your Bloodsurge and RBs, which are both more DPE and DPR than hardcast-WS.
    - Having a filled ragebar will enable you to hardcast WS more often when unlucky with procs, thus reducing empty GCDs.
    - BT on CD increases the enrage uptime, the value of mastery and your avg. DPE efficiency.
    NOTE: the need for BT on CD will likely decrease IF gear allows you to once again reach near-cap crit scenarios (this is some time down the road atm). But the importance of your enrage uptime will increase with your gear, as both WPdmg, Mastery and AP will have an amplified effect from it As an example, I'm able to keep around 94% enrage uptime on butcher atm. I do delay it sometimes tho, but here's the rules I follow

1) Execute on SD
    2) RB if 2 stacks banked (not applicable sub 20%)
    3) BT
    4) Execute sub 20%
    5) WS proc'ed
    6) RB
    7) WS hardcast

If anyone wanna dispute this reasoning, I'd be happy to debate the topic, as I find the general perception of rage-management (WS-hardcast vs BT on CD) misleading.

/Falken
    On the dragon roar thing, I think I figured out what happened. I'm confident it didn't hit a lower level dummy because I use the target dummy that's farthest away from everything in SW. I think what happened is I hit a squirrel and it got the scaling damage buff. Regarding WS harcasts, do you only use them when enraged, and do you have a cap on when you will use the hardcasts? I tried only casting over 90 rage for awhile, but I got slightly better DPS out of using it any time I was enraged when RB, Execute, BT, etc were on CD (unless a CD was coming up soon).

Thanks for the help everyone so far! I'm going to be trying everything out over the next day or two, and post the results. Any feedback still appreciated!

10+ Year Old Account
    Berserker Rage whenever enrage is down
    Execute immediately when sudden death procs, almost no matter the situation.
    Wild strike/Execute if rage is greater than 100 or if bloodsurge is cockblocking your rotation.
    Bloodthirst if enrage is down or rage is below 90.
    Execute if the target is below 20% HP while enraged.
    Raging Blow
    Wild Strike if enraged and the target is not below 20% HP.
    Level 60 Talent Filler
    Bloodthirst

So no, don't cap on rage just because BT is off CD, as long as you are still enraged. It's better to get in 2WS and push back BT.

So from what I've seen if you have procs up.....I.E. RB or WS then yes use those before casting BT (as long as enrage is up). If I am within one gcd of bt i wait to see if i crit before i cast bezerker rage. I also have seen a pretty even stance between whether you prioritze RB over WS (blood surge procs). Currently I have been prioritizing RB over WS. Would love to see solid evidence as to which is the actual higher priority. So here is my other question that maybe some of you playing fury atm have figured out. I'm pulling about mid range of my simcraft numbers. What I cant seem to figure out though when I go over logs and compare them to people doing really good numbers is how the hell there uptime on enrage is so much higher then mine. I usually sit around low 80s percentage to high 80s percentage. Like I said if I am at 1 gcd or withing that before BT is up when enrage falls off I wait to cast bt to see if i proc otherwise i cast bezerker rage pending its up. I'm guessing enrage uptime will slowly normalize and increase as gear (crit) gets better. What is odd to me though is how much lower mine is from people who are running same gear relatively (some worse some better) and their stats are indicative of that as well. Any thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated. Currently I'm at 666 iLvL pulling 27-28k on heroic butcher. I feel like I could be doing low 30's and I am convinced my downfall is the lower enrage uptime (which can be directly equated to crit imo). Feedback go