Thread: WoD rep

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoD rep

So I invited a guildie and converted to raid, and noticed you can get WoD rep in raid groups. Can I just make a huge raid group and just farm the rep areas like magnarok with everyone throwing rep banners down? Just dont want to make a huge group, get to it, and it not work. Thanks for any advice! Would wait for darkmoon, but impatient.

up to 6 people gives 5-6 rep depending on what kind of mob, after that it starts dipping, and (dont quote me on this part) but after 10 you only get 1 rep per mob no matter what kind
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried abusing the fact that magnarok was the daily to get free rep, so I made a raid group and went nuts in the area. Only took a few minutes then mobs quit giving rep whatsoever. Then it came back for a while, and then disappeared again. I guess with so many people the hidden debuff to rep/loot/xp sets in. In my experience it's way more efficient to just grind with a 5man group.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    honestly five is enough to easily do it, but it sucks they thought of that with how long the rep grind is :P I'm just stoked they realized the problem with needing three exalted reps for the trading post level 3

Thanks for the info! Good thing I asked first. That whole "you cant grind in one area" thing they have is the fucking worst. Is that just because of bots? How the hell is it our fault they cant police the game they... /ramble ramble.

When they changing the trading post lvl 3 to 1 rep?

10+ Year Old Account
    I found this out the day day while farming Council of Exarchs rep - we had a group of 5 for a while and I was getting 6 per kill (human) then the leader started inviting more and we were down to 2-3 per mob with probably 12-ish people pretty quickly. It was already pretty quick for chain pulling with a group of 5, so we dropped back down to that since the additional people didn't make up for the less rep per mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    When they changing the trading post lvl 3 to 1 rep?
    I'm pretty sure its been changed, its just that the tooltip won't get updated until a later content patch since that requires more than just changing the requirements in their database.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    I'm pretty sure its been changed, its just that the tooltip won't get updated until a later content patch since that requires more than just changing the requirements in their database.
    Yup, it's been changed. I got the achievement when I was at 2 exalted wod factions, so it's just the tooltip not being updated. Same with the loot 10k gold in Draenor achieve, it changed to 2k iirc but the achievement still says 10k. I believe this was about 2 weeks ago or so, but my sense of time is fucked up so it might've been a bit more.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

They implemented rep and xp reduction when people abused this during the WoTLK launch because people were getting in huge groups while leveling

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    That whole "you cant grind in one area" thing they have is the fucking worst
    What are you talking about here?
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

10+ Year Old Account
    Any one knows how the rep grind in Ashran works? Is it better then the others or is it about the same per pvp kill or HK?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrus View Post
    What are you talking about here?
    If you kill too many of the same mobs in one area for a certain amount of time, they start to reward less xp/rep. Supposedly to counter bots and people finding areas with fast respawns to abuse and level up way faster than intended.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

I've been in the same area for approx 4 hours grinding rep and had no change in the amount of rep I was getting per kill. I have no idea if the xp would have changed or not, but I was already 100 and just grinding out rep in a group.

If you're going to grind rep in a raid group, you can't go over 10 people. As soon as we hit 11 people we stopped getting rep completely. This happened most often on the Shattrath Apexis daily. I'd join a small group and we'd collect our crystals and get some rep. Once the original leader was done they'd leave, and the new leader would start inviting more people just to get the daily done. The rep always stopped at 11 in range people. That's the key right there. Even if you're in a raid group of 40 people, if a few are completely off on their own they'll be considered their own group for rep purposes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faethor View Post
    I've been in the same area for approx 4 hours grinding rep and had no change in the amount of rep I was getting per kill. I have no idea if the xp would have changed or not, but I was already 100 and just grinding out rep in a group.

If you're going to grind rep in a raid group, you can't go over 10 people. As soon as we hit 11 people we stopped getting rep completely. This happened most often on the Shattrath Apexis daily. I'd join a small group and we'd collect our crystals and get some rep. Once the original leader was done they'd leave, and the new leader would start inviting more people just to get the daily done. The rep always stopped at 11 in range people. That's the key right there. Even if you're in a raid group of 40 people, if a few are completely off on their own they'll be considered their own group for rep purposes.
    I think it factors in how fast you kills mobs too, so if you kill mobs pretty slow the nerf-thing won't set in. Not sure about that though, it could just be the amount of people in the group. But they said they implemented it to counter the kind of players I mentioned above, and only nerfing xp/rep while in a raid group wouldn't change anything for those people :s
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Red View Post
    I think it factors in how fast you kills mobs too, so if you kill mobs pretty slow the nerf-thing won't set in. Not sure about that though, it could just be the amount of people in the group. But they said they implemented it to counter the kind of players I mentioned above, and only nerfing xp/rep while in a raid group wouldn't change anything for those people :s
    That's possible, too. My most recent rep was Sha'tari Defense. I got into a group that was just starting. We were at the area for a little over 2 hours (maybe closer to 3. It started to blur) and I went from 100 into revered all the way to max Exalted. Plus I stayed for another 15 minutes as they looked for a replacement. So basically gained the equivalent of 23-24k rep non stop in under 3 hours. So if they did put in a nerf, it has to be for a VERY extended period of time. So long that it will never affect most people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainn View Post
    honestly five is enough to easily do it, but it sucks they thought of that with how long the rep grind is :P I'm just stoked they realized the problem with needing three exalted reps for the trading post level 3
    Yeah, I was looking to get that bonus from TP3 before starting on reps, then I realised I needed 3 exalted reps already... what kind of fucked up sadists designed that?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    I loathe how they have done rep in warlords.
    All these people with rose tinted goggles talking about nostalgia and how it takes them back to vanilla.
    Wrong, vanilla at least had other ways to break the constant rep grind, like argent dawn or timbermaw rep turn ins, cenarion etc
    I've done a few rep group grinds now and it seems to stop after 20-30 mins max

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Yeah, I was looking to get that bonus from TP3 before starting on reps, then I realised I needed 3 exalted reps already... what kind of fucked up sadists designed that?
    At least they realized their error and fixed it down to 1 rep. Easy enough to get done.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Red View Post
    If you kill too many of the same mobs in one area for a certain amount of time, they start to reward less xp/rep. Supposedly to counter bots and people finding areas with fast respawns to abuse and level up way faster than intended.
    i didnt move move than 10 yards when grinded arrakkoa (Fck spelling) and i got same amount the entire time. i was also active in chat etc so might be some hidden stuff going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faethor View Post
    That's possible, too. My most recent rep was Sha'tari Defense. I got into a group that was just starting. We were at the area for a little over 2 hours (maybe closer to 3. It started to blur) and I went from 100 into revered all the way to max Exalted. Plus I stayed for another 15 minutes as they looked for a replacement. So basically gained the equivalent of 23-24k rep non stop in under 3 hours. So if they did put in a nerf, it has to be for a VERY extended period of time. So long that it will never affect most people.
    This sounds pretty likely. When they first implemented it, it was affecting people just questing normally, so they upped the requirements for the nerf to set in.

http://warcraft.blizzpro.com/2014/10...nerf-mechanic/

Or maybe there's two different nerfs going on. One is the anti-exploit xp nerf, and one is just affecting people in large raids groups so they can't just get exalted way too fast. Either way OP at least got his question answered ^^
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkdepot View Post
    At least they realized their error and fixed it down to 1 rep. Easy enough to get done.
    Oh, so tooltip wrong again? Thanks.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.