Weight loss issues...

I hope some of you here are gastric lapband patients

I been struggling with weight my whole life and had lapband surgery done 2 years ago. In those 2 years all that's been happening is my weight fluctuating like 10 kilo up and down. I know a forum isn't the best place to ask but not sure what I should do now. The lapband dietitian I see every time just says the same things to me I don't think he cares that I haven't changed in the past year and two.

But I made a mistake of getting the surgery done before trying the old fashioned diet and exercise. Well I see now that nothing is going to make it easy. But anyway.

While it does control the amount I eat, it's still not enough. Definitely better than before but not quite enough at suppressing my appetite. I am now considering to get the band deflated for the time being to see how I can go doing a diet and exercise. Good thing with lapband I can inflate it again if nothing works out.

One problem I face with this is that food tends to get stuck. I try to chew as much as I can but most times I'm forgetting to do so. This leads me to eat other foods that aren't healthy and not only that but to use it as making me feel full. Nuts, small and easy to pass through I can consume about 400g cashews, because I can't eat the chicken veggie sandwich that gets stuck. Also about 400g of cashews is about a days worth of calorie intake. Same with other things like chips and creamy stuff.

I mean if the doctor from the lapband office isn't helping much should I go see a normal dietitian?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be weary of any advice you get from here (probably why no one said anything yet). Seeing another qualified professional should probably help. I don't know if the dietitian would be your best bet, but hopefully he's responsible enough to give you correct advice, some people are just money hungry.

Have you tried logging what works for you and what doesn't? As far as foods. Sorry if that doesn't help much, I don't want to give wrong advice.

You can't eat a sandwich so you eat cashews and chips instead....when you could eat soup.

Your problem is not the band, it is the same problem most of us have half our lives on some issue. You are lying to yourself and making excuses. Please note that I do not mean to be nasty here, we ALL do it all the time.

Before you argue this fact with me let me ask you one question. I see that you said you will try "diet and exercise", are you exercising now? If not, what miracle will happen when you remove this band to get you started?

Sorry to sound like a dick but you really sound like someone who has discussed this with yourself for a while without any sort of reality check.

As someone who has also struggled with their weight their whole life, why the fuck would you get surgery instead of trying to exercise and diet first?

The struggle against weight loss is so difficult that you really need many efforts on it.
    I have a friend who have struggled against it and got successful. I knew he got a disease in the past that pushed him from 70kg to 100kg because of over-resting for the disease. Afterthat, he sketched a plan to lose weight, he told me that he gotta run 10km a day for over 2 months and comform to a strict diet. And now, with the help of gymming, he gets an ideal body with six-pack.
    Therefore, the most important things for losing weight are exercise, diet and strong efforts.

Deleted
    I've been in the same situation and loosing weight is my goal. Sometimes I skip meal but realized that it is not the best idea. We need to eat on time with a proper exercise and nutritious food. Drinking a lot of water will do. And most importantly discipline.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    As someone who has also struggled with their weight their whole life, why the fuck would you get surgery instead of trying to exercise and diet first?
    Most of them are lazy, and/or lack the willpower, and blame it on "muh genetics".

Quote Originally Posted by Starquake View Post
    Most of them are lazy, and/or lack the willpower, and blame it on "muh genetics".
    http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2...c89_thumb.jpeg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starquake View Post
    The lack of actual knowledge in this post is overwhelming (trying to put it politely as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by OCDFreaK View Post
    . One problem I face with this is that food tends to get stuck. I try to chew as much as I can but most times I'm forgetting to do so. This leads me to eat other foods that aren't healthy and not only that but to use it as making me feel full. Nuts, small and easy to pass through I can consume about 400g cashews, because I can't eat the chicken veggie sandwich that gets stuck. Also about 400g of cashews is about a days worth of calorie intake. Same with other things like chips and creamy stuff.
    I'm genuinely confused at why you're eating incredibly calorie dense foods in large quantities. This seems like such an obviously bad idea that I don't really get why it's part of the plan at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 6'6 i currently weigh 260ish i have been as heavy as 370+ . Granted because of my height Im really just a massive person so I dont appear to be fat even when I am.

It's really all about a steady diet, grilled chicken, borccoli, rice. And consistent exercise, you need to exercise a minimim of 5x a week for at least an hour. The first 30 minutes you work out your body is not burning fat, it is burning sugar etc. its all about drive and repetition.

Your eating a lot of calorie foods meant mainly for bulking and gaining weight, that needs to change. Dietitian would be a good person to talk to on a regular basis

Deleted
    Only drink water, be strict with your calorie intake.

Low amount of activity during the day: Aim for less than 1500 calories.
    Medium amount of activity during the day: Aim for less than 2000 calories.
    High amount of activity: Aim for less than 2500 calories.
    Very high: Same as above, but keep track of what you spent to know how much to eat.

As long as you take in less calories than the amount you spend, you will lose weight. If you eat too much, you won't lose weight. Sounds like you need to remove certain things from your shopping list. Good luck with it!