Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Any clue when they are going to nerf affliction locks? and rogues?

I swear in good hand they are to op. They need to be toned down some i think. Just imo of course.

After all the complaining about how Warlocks and Rogues suck?

Well, there's always to the ground of course, so its a crap shoot.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Rogues are annoying, but I wouldn't say OP (they're close though). Hunters with the insane burst and mobility are way worse imo. Aff locks... again annoying, not overly OP IMO. I hate to cry for a nerf bat, but Rets do need to be toned down a little. Was grinding BGs the other night and I was constantly being destroyed by a ret with 100k less HP (blue dungeon gear maybe, quest gear) in a few of the games. Different Ret each time with the same eh level of gear, but I would blow through my CDs and still get completely thrashed.

Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post

8 second kindney full of dots and a killing spree. My heals couldnt save me from that lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    Rogues are annoying, but I wouldn't say OP (they're close though). Hunters with the insane burst and mobility are way worse imo. Aff locks... again annoying, not overly OP IMO. I hate to cry for a nerf bat, but Rets do need to be toned down a little. Was grinding BGs the other night and I was constantly being destroyed by a ret with 100k less HP (blue dungeon gear maybe, quest gear) in a few of the games. Different Ret each time with the same eh level of gear, but I would blow through my CDs and still get completely thrashed.
    speaking of which didnt blizzard say they wanted to slow down on the burst gimmick?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Combat Rogues? Yeah, they definitely don't need nerfing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not until they can fully separate PVP and PVE balance, im afraid.

With how warlocks and some rogue specs are now in pve, not for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Ragaflask View Post
    speaking of which didnt blizzard say they wanted to slow down on the burst gimmick?
    Blizzard has said for years they want to slow PVP down some. Make it so fights last longer then 2 seconds. Sure fights often last longer then 2 seconds right now, but as a Healer in a 1 v 1 I don't stand a chance. I only PVP as a healer (been that way since Vanilla). And right now it's insane that if I can't run away I will either die in 2 seconds or get stuck there long enough for 5 more people to show up and get melted instantly. Disc is still nutters in PVP, but other healers have suffered a lot it feels. I try not to bitch about PVP balance because Blizzard will never get it right, and as Azgraal said until they split the spells between PVE and PVP it won't be balanced. But right now PVP is just insane. I only PVP with this guy I know and he plays a Prot Warrior. He is in just Blue PVP gear still I believe and if he goes defensive he's about as survivable as a Disc Priest (IE: god mode). But DPS just melt when it's a 2v1 (2 DPS vs 1 DPS). At least in the past you might take one with you.

I swear in good hand they are to op. They need to be toned down some i think. Just imo of course.
    Aff Locks are only decent in 3s and RBG's, thats it. The class sucks in everything else both PvE and PvP wise, have poor mobility, and are a hard class to get used too.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvolcos View Post
    Aff Locks are only decent in 3s and RBG's, thats it. The class sucks in everything else both PvE and PvP wise, have poor mobility, and are a hard class to get used too.
    Not that I don't disagree with folks that locks are unlikely to be nerfed at all due to their current status in PvE, but aren't 3s and RBGs literally the only thing that matters from a PvP standpoint?

Well i can tell healing in general is unbalanced as well. Disc priest need a big nerf to their shield percentage. That's even with stick a purger on them.

8 second kindney full of dots and a killing spree. My heals couldnt save me from that lol

- - - Updated - - -

Just because you were focused doesn't mean the classes that focused you should be nerfed -_- Peels, trinkets, cleanses, teamwork ... sucks to die, but that is going to happen in pvp, a lot, to everyone ... have fun

Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    Just because you were focused doesn't mean the classes that focused you should be nerfed -_- Peels, trinkets, cleanses, teamwork ... sucks to die, but that is going to happen in pvp, a lot, to everyone ... have fun
    Like i said that was through someone healing me, disc shield an no one could peel the rogue because of burst of skill. If they nerfed burst of speed and tge kidney shot, they would be fine. I also have a rogue alt and i want to see that nerfed.

Deleted
    Is aff right now overpowered? Dang I knew I should have came back to the game this season. xd

Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post

Combat rogues specifically with 8 second kidney + 4 sec kidney with shadow reflection is too much.

Affliction warlocks are way way over board and need to be reeled in like every other caster.

No crying about rogues pleaserino, when rets ferals frost dk's and warlocks are running around.

If you have any decent partners, they will insta-kill the shadow (50k hp and no damage reductions from armors and such which means we deal higher damage) therefor neglecting the next 4 second kidney. About the first one, you can predict if a Rogue, especially combat, is suddenly running to you that you will get damaged hard, and you can use defensive cooldowns. I play as a rogue at decent high rates and many times on the switches shaman's use rage, warriors get wall up, priests go stealth and so on.

Don't get me wrong. Combat needs a nerf, it's true, and Burst of Speed (and my main is a rogue) needs a nerf too. Also Shadowstep is underrated if you play Subtlety, people just think BoS is better. I hate combat, for the record.

On a side note, this season has been very balanced, you can see (besides monk) a whole lot more spread of classes/specs.
    World PvP and how it stands/standed.
    World PvP isn't meant to be balanced, fair nor honorable. It's meant to be brutal, relentless, deadly.. and it's the survival of the fittest. It's a fight where everything goes and you use anything you can to survive and win. It's War.. a World of Warcraft where only the best survive!

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

They said that but really it didn't happen and I'm starting to enjoy 2v2s more now even with the unbalanced state.
    In this bracket at least I have time to do some nice plays while in 3v3 if 2 melees train me down and I don't have a ret with me I'm dead in a few seconds and if I do manage to survive longer I'm just praying that they screw up the interrupts and use both at the same time. This usually doesn't happen since even if I dodge 1 the other melee has 1 more interrupt and there is no way I can dodge that too and survive for that long.
    Also for example when we we just burst down something in the first few seconds with PHP while the enemy healer is perma cc'd that's also a shit game, there is just no time to do anything impressive.

I hate affli locks as well and they are the best casters right now but at least they need some time to apply the pressure not like most of the melee classes.

Combat does need to be toned down a bit, either make Kidney 6 seconds, make Killing Spree CCable the way Dance and every other major CD in the game is, or nerf their damage. But since their damage being nerfed would hurt PvE, I'd vote for either of the first options.

As for Aff Locks, yeah, they're probably my least favorite class to fight in arenas right now. And more than anything it's because they have a ranged 6 second interrupt that can go through walls. Nothing more annoying than being out of LoS and still getting kicked on heals. But I don't think Locks really need a nerf other than that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    And right now it's insane that if I can't run away I will either die in 2 seconds or get stuck there long enough for 5 more people to show up and get melted instantly.
    Sounds like good tactics to me. Oh hey a healer, i'll lock him down so he can't heal himself, oh hey a bunch of my team have shown up and are helping me kill this healer.

Game can't really be balanced around you having 5 dudes jumping you. Do you really want to be able to out heal 5 guys? A good healer can easily survive an age 1v1.

OT: People need to be careful with their cries for balance, or at least offer some constructive suggestions. You mention affli specifically OP but then claim all Rogues should be nerfed, or at least don't bother to differentiate, or mention why you think they're OP. Now usually a thread like this is made because you came up against that team in arena and got stomped but let's assume you have a valid argument.

COMBAT Rogues could perhaps do with a slight nerf. Make revealing strike not affect kidney perhaps. Shadow Reflection is fine, top teams will kill it given the chance, it's up to the rogues team to cross cc in order to stop that happening, but i'd call that out played if they do. All other rogue specs could honestly use a small damage buff to bring them in line with other melee.

You should really be more precise than posting a thread asking for a full rogue nerf, if your frustration only comes from 8 sec stuns.
    (it can't come from damage, as we're in the bottom tier right now).