Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xSUBZERO View Post
    The Mongol Horde obliterated the first one. The second one was undone by world war 2. Not unreasonable at all.
    Well if a bunch of guys on horses can destroy a government ideology, no thanks!
    Same for a world war, I mean China...... do the rare protests in China and Hong Kong want the Dynasty back?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    The only great dictators, kings, and absolute leaders tend to be the ones that loathe the power, that do not want it, and so they don't rule for themselves, but rather for their people.

These people are usually assassinated by people who actually want the power.
    Your avatar in combination with the bluntness of the second statement just made my day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Well if a bunch of guys on horses can destroy a government ideology, no thanks!
    Same for a world war, I mean China do the rare protests in China and Hong Kong want the Dynasty back?

- - - Updated - - -

Your avatar in combination with the bluntness of the second statement just made my day.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. xzc

10+ Year Old Account
    A politburo with an altruistic governing committee that leads according to a nationally agreed-upon ideology is the best alternative.
    Altruism, as well as benevolence, is a relative term.

Democracy is an awful form of governance that just happens to be the best option we have. The United States uses a Republic version of Democracy, as pure mob rule rarely ends well.

Also, I remember my first philosophy class.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    'Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.'

You think we're not trying?
    Actually, who does? Only commies tried something really different, but they were discredited and demonized until "communism" became synonym for "complete and absolute Satanic evil".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    If it was so great it wouldn't have crashed. Caliphate is just another word for islamic fascism.
    Everything will fail every once and a while, no government is fool proof.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Actually, who does? Only commies tried something really different, but they were discredited and demonized until "communism" became synonym for "complete and absolute Satanic evil".
    Communism is pretty much equated with Authoritarianism. And the whole Left spectrum too.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. xzc
    hint: I am 99% of the time always sarcastic, only .99% of the time lighthearted or joking around and .01 percent of the time serious

The effectiveness of its governing system has nothing to do with its ability to resist the Mongol horde (the cause of its destruction).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_o...dad_%281258%29

Saying that it crashed because its governing system was lackluster is to be ignorant of all history.
    Pro-tip: Mooneye isn't in the habit of being well-informed or reasonable, particularly where it concerns Islam.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Actual democracy is a ridiculous concept, and most people have not a damned clue what "consent" means as a concept in modern Democratic Theory (which is really less pluralistic than many might believe). So, the main premise of your argument is inherently flawed. Consent does not mean that a person's interests are completely represented, and most people understand that. But consent, as a concept, doesn't even have to do with "interests" as most people conceive them. It has nothing to do with the idea of middle class interests vs. poor interests vs. rich interests, nothing to do with racial interests, nothing to do with anything most controversial politics deals with.

Consent does not even imply that the majority preference is established. That notion was goes back to traditional democracy in Athens, but it was largely absent as a foundational principle in the creation of the modern democratic state. Consent only concerns itself with those things that as a rational person, you could not will done upon yourself. It is a universal concept. The "democracy" of the modern democratic theory is expressed through dialogue, deliberation, and debate, not through the mere accumulation of preferences. You cannot will, as a rational being, that you be placed into slavery (as in, actual slavery), or give up your freedom of speech, or be treated unequally before the law. These principles are grounded in the very notion of rationality, which is, at its core, the ability to make decisions and be free to act upon your will in such ways that do not infringe on the rights of others to do the same. Everything else, whether it be economic policy, immigration laws, law enforcement, etc... these are all evolving products of the deliberative side of democracy. The concept of consent only covers those topics that are not subject to such discussion because they are necessary for that discussion to even exist in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    Communism is pretty much equated with Authoritarianism. And the whole Left spectrum too.
    only the uneducated and/or severely retarded would think the whole left spectrum is authoritarian lol. fascism is a thing, remember? far right and far left have more in common sometimes then ideologies closer to the middle.
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Stalin and Mao killing 65+ million of their own citizens, combined with the Police states they implemented as well as strongarm dissent suppression MIGHT have helped towards that image as well.
    Or should I?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    Pro-tip: Mooneye isn't in the habit of being well-informed or reasonable, particularly where it concerns Islam.
    I have noticed this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have noticed this.
    Blame the media

No really like all media, I have Al-jazeera on Fb and oh my god..... those comments on their articles, they make Fox comments look sane! I am not kidding! This is the rare .01 percent.

15+ Year Old Account
    I always have thought about having the Senate to be turned into a trues democracy and leave the house to be the ones who draft the bills while the Senate is the one who passes the bills to the President. Every now and then a citizen could get enough support and write a bill of their own and passes it to the House. Maybe be people would vote every month or so, and maybe have an emergency vote just in case. Best of both worlds.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I always have thought about having the Senate to be turned into a trues democracy and leave the house to be the ones who draft the bills while the Senate is the one who passes the bills to the President. Every now and then a citizen could get enough support and write a bill of their own and passes it to the House. Maybe be people would vote every month or so, and maybe have an emergency vote just in case. Best of both worlds.
    As it was, the Senate was NOT originally Democratically elected. They were assigned by the Governors of their states, as Statesmen. The House WAS meant to be where the people's voice was heard.

There was obviously room for corruption in this, but it did have a reason for being initially.
    Or should I?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    As it was, the Senate was NOT originally Democratically elected. They were assigned by the Governors of their states, as Statesmen. The House WAS meant to be where the people's voice was heard.

There was obviously room for corruption in this, but it did have a reason for being initially.
    Yes, that was where when we almost got an amendment passed without the house or the senate but they ended up caving. But times are changing.

Deleted
    Blame the media

No really like all media, I have Al-jazeera on Fb and oh my god..... those comments on their articles, they make Fox comments look sane! I am not kidding! This is the rare .01 percent.
    I haven't created my opinion on Islam from media. I've read the verses, just as I've read the bible. I'm against religion for as long as it affects people who do not believe.

Democracy is mob rule where the majority sets the rules which in turn makes the minority its slaves to do what ever the majority wants them to do or what happens to them
    thank good we live in a constitutional republic so no matter what the majority wants the minority still has rights that cant be violated

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    I haven't created my opinion on Islam from media. I've read the verses, just as I've read the bible. I'm against religion for as long as it affects people who do not believe.
    Everything will always affect everything.....

Deleted
    Blame the media

AL Jazeera comments are OK, imho, they are usually just comments by people blaming everything on CIA/Mossad.

/r/worldnews on reddit and CNN/Yahoo are the worst. Every single comment is a call for genocide against Muslims.