Poll: Which do you prefer?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Shower or bath, which one do you prefer?

Which do you prefer, and why do you prefer one over the other?

Deleted
    Why not both?

Baths are for getting comfy, showers are for cleaning yourself.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Baths are for getting comfy, showers are for cleaning yourself.
    Pretty much this. Never found the appeal of a bath for cleaning one's self, the dirt just seeps into the water and gets stuck back on you again anyways.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Ain't nobody got time for a bath.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I take naps in the shower.
    Me too. I'll sit on the floor of the shower and nod off for a couple of minutes from time to time.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shower to get clean.

Baths to relax.

Deleted
    I love showers but at the same time hate shower units over a bath.

Shower. Baths take too long and water gets cold too quickly. I like hanging out in a hot tub, but it's hard to keep bathtub water acceptably refreshed.

Shower. I don't like making soup out of myself.

Deleted
    Showers. Baths can be very cozy, but really you are sitting in your own filth. + showers require so much less water

Deleted
    Bath. I do not shower unless there really is no bath available. And if you are taking a bath once to twice a day, you will not "sit in much filth" either.

I have always found that after a bath I have to take a shower to get off all the dead skin and dirt that sloughed off in the bath that stuck to me, which is gross, and thus I shower unless I need to soak in hot water for sore muscles.

Baths are disgusting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    Baths are disgusting.
    ... How do you clean yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Pretty much this. Never found the appeal of a bath for cleaning one's self, the dirt just seeps into the water and gets stuck back on you again anyways.
    They don't really, presuming you've soaped yourself adequately. This should make a hydrophobic coating which will adequately stop dirty water "sticking" to you - although if you're particularly filthy, the water can look pretty nasty, so it's more of a psychological turn-off than anything.

Personally, like most replies it seems - prefer bath for relaxing, shower for getting clean. Not because I necessarily get a lot cleaner with a shower (I certainly scrub more in a bath because at my height its easier to reach everywhere to scrub thoroughly when sitting in a bath than when standing in a shower), but because when I have a bath it's because I intentionally want to spend a long time relaxing. When I just want to clean myself, I want to be in and out in as long as it takes to do just that, and that means not spending 15 minutes waiting for my giant bath to fill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    Baths are disgusting.
    If after a bath, the dirt that was on you isn't in the water instead of on you, you're doing something wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    ... How do you clean yourself?
    A shower? Yknow, the other option that was given?

Nice try at being a snarky dickhole.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Janaa View Post
    They don't really, presuming you've soaped yourself adequately. This should make a hydrophobic coating which will adequately stop dirty water "sticking" to you - although if you're particularly filthy, the water can look pretty nasty, so it's more of a psychological turn-off than anything.

Personally, like most replies it seems - prefer bath for relaxing, shower for getting clean. Not because I necessarily get a lot cleaner with a shower (I certainly scrub more in a bath because at my height its easier to reach everywhere to scrub thoroughly when sitting in a bath than when standing in a shower), but because when I have a bath it's because I intentionally want to spend a long time relaxing. When I just want to clean myself, I want to be in and out in as long as it takes to do just that, and that means not spending 15 minutes waiting for my giant bath to fill.

- - - Updated - - -

If after a bath, the dirt that was on you isn't in the water instead of on you, you're doing something wrong.
    And you want to sit in that for any amount of time becaaauuuseeeee why?

Shower takes it right off, into the drain where it belongs, not floating and stewing around me. Good god that's gross (I'm a bit of a germaphobe in certain situations).

Mod Edit: No need to be insulting.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2014-12-29 at 09:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Bath. I do not shower unless there really is no bath available. And if you are taking a bath once to twice a day, you will not "sit in much filth" either.
    Sorry but that´s not only a giant waste of water but it´s also harmful for your skin. Not to mention a big waste of time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    Sorry but that´s not only a giant waste of water but it´s also harmful for your skin. Not to mention a big waste of time
    My skin is fine, and I do not consider it a waste of time.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2014-12-29 at 08:48 AM.