Deleted

Forst DW Frost 2H or UH

Hello,

If just resubbed yesterday, and wanted to starkup my DK as DPS again... I love the DW frost spec, but ive been gone for a little while and im not sure how the specs are doing today.

I like Frost the most, especially DW. How is that spec doing and what are the stat priorities?

And what about 2H frost, and the stat prios aswell.

Ive read somewhere that UH is pulling ahead with little to ne effort. How are stat prios there?

I hope youll take some time to answer my questions. Have a nice hollyday and a happy new year.

Deleted
    Hang in there mate, I'll take an hour or two to answer your questions in detail when I get home from work. This is really pretty secret information that is totally unobtainable from Google or searching the forums here. Also the stickies in this very subforum don't provide any of the requested info.

So, be patient, I'm on it!
    Also congratz on your signature - really awesome!

Deleted
    Unholy
    Strength > Multistrike > Mastery > Critical Strike > Versatility > Haste

DW Frost
    Strength > Mastery > Multistrike > Versatility > Haste > Critical Strike

2H Frost
    Strength > Multistrike > Versatility > Mastery > Haste > Critical Strike
    According to EJ the priorities are like this. Apparently 2H Frost needs to reach a haste value of ~1000 for the above quote to be 100% true but you won't be able to stack it that high at first anyway and it won't help you immediatly so don't gem/enchant for haste.

2H Frost is more dependent on a good weapon. Every specc is viable at the moment.

Deleted
    At the moment, 2H Frost > UH > DW Frost

Unholy scales better overall and as already said, 2h Frost relies on a good weapon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marex View Post
    At the moment, 2H Frost > UH > DW Frost

Unholy scales better overall and as already said, 2h Frost relies on a good weapon.
    Meah, I would just break it into two: 2h or dw. Then depends what weapons you get, if you manage to get a good 2h go 2h frost (good ST), if you manage to gear up as well, switch UH (better for AoE) and give it a try. If you get Butcher's 1h'ers then go DW (ok ST and AoE,, veru good AoE if you have the mastery for it), but keep in mind HM has a poor choice of plate mastery items.

Interesting...

What is currently a "good" weapon considering the 2H frost vs UH?
    I have a 645 garrison mission reward axe (Grandiose Greataxe of the Feverflare).
    344.86 dps, +192str, +288sta, +97haste, +146mastery (Blood specced loot).

Currently using it for UH offspecc, but where would you say a weapon creates the breaking point for 2H Frost vs DW? (dont have dw weps at all atm, or using frost in dungeons to just got UH for questing/random, but I want some HC/Raid DPS runs so need to get frost 2H rolling ).

Deleted
    Well i PvP as DW Frost, like it more then 2H Frost. UH seems so slow to me, after gargoyle it's all about necrotic stacks and dmg is kinda predictable i like burst. With DW frost you need as much mastery as possible. I've seen frost strikes hit up to 22k in PvP. Glyph of rune also helps since you are always slowed. In PvE i also think frost will be better on single target, UH is kinda nice for aoe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shikubi View Post
    According to EJ the priorities are like this. Apparently 2H Frost needs to reach a haste value of ~1000 for the above quote to be 100% true but you won't be able to stack it that high at first anyway and it won't help you immediatly so don't gem/enchant for haste.

2H Frost is more dependent on a good weapon. Every specc is viable at the moment.
    the 2hand frost stat priorities are wrong.

Deleted
    Yeah, I've seen elsewhere that mastery is placed below Haste and even sometimes Crit. Not sure what causes the discrepancy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 8arrett View Post
    Yeah, I've seen elsewhere that mastery is placed below Haste and even sometimes Crit. Not sure what causes the discrepancy.
    Due to how KM works, runes etc...

2h frost is a clusterfuck in terms of stats. Mastery is weak due to obliterate being physical, crit is weak due to KM procs, Multistrike is good because its a genuine buff.

That haste you're seeing is the 1k haste soft cap for 2h frost, it smooths out the rotation ALOT, I usally gear multi/haste mastery/haste when going 2h frost on gear, and so far so good :P I'm up there with the 1-5th dps spot usally.

That said, I prefer unholy to frost atm, so Im not the best at frost, I just use it for testing purposes every now and then.

The ilvl used for the sim. The "standard" stat priorities most people are throwing around are based on ilvl 696 sims (I believe a patchwerk sim, but I'm not 100% positive about that).

Best thing to do is sim your own priorities using simcraft.

Because the EJ stat weights are intended for PVP, while simcraft results are obviously for PVE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drachenmond View Post
    Hang in there mate, I'll take an hour or two to answer your questions in detail when I get home from work. This is really pretty secret information that is totally unobtainable from Google or searching the forums here. Also the stickies in this very subforum don't provide any of the requested info.

So, be patient, I'm on it!
    Also congratz on your signature - really awesome!
    Am I the only one who thinks this is hysterical?