Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Worst patch for PvE Rogue?

Hi guys,

I've been playing rogue as a main in this new expansion and it seems no matter how hard I try in every fight (pre-potion, different spec for different bosses, even bought a damn expensive coin trinket, etc), rogue dps is still no where to be seen in the dps meters. Here is the sim dps link for all class http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17N.html.
    http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings#666,real,1
    http://www.wowprogress.com/simdps
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...e=7&dataset=75

I asked a few other rogues in different guild, they all agree that rogue is clearly under-performance compare to mage, paladin, monk, etc.
    So what do you guys think? Discuss pls
    Last edited by mmoc8d0519764f; 2014-12-29 at 11:59 AM.

Simcraft is always wrong. Never look at it when comparing classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Simcraft is always wrong. Never look at it when comparing classes.
    Is that so? what should we look at then?

Deleted
    rogues are fine l2p

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2014-12-29 at 09:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by amirdaheat View Post
    rogues are fine l2p
    If stays on the bottom is fine, then I would like to join the party :P

- - - Updated - - -

So here is some new data that I've got:
    sim data:
    http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings#666,real,1
    http://www.wowprogress.com/simdps
    and the real data:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/6/#sample=7&dataset=75

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by amirdaheat View Post
    rogues are fine l2p
    This is not simulation. Where are you on this chart ?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/6/#

This is not a "L2P" issue. Rogue output is very low. Personally, I have never known Rogues lower, even in tier 11.

Our output is garbage at the moment. Even on high cleave fights, we are way below other classes.

Compared with how strong we were in SOO, this is really painful. Having said that, Locks are going through the same thing, going from very strong to very weak, although Rogues are the lowest dps class at the moment, over the whole of Highmaul.

I've never experienced rogues in a more annoying state then now. Blizzard keeps holding on to this "Combat for aoe, sub for singletarget bullshit" and as a whole I find it really frustrating. As it is now we need to repecc for every boss just to keep up with most classes. Its not just our dmg, it goes much deeper then that. Combat and sub got so many clumsy mechanics I sometimes want to smash my keybord into a thousand pieces. I absolutly hate BanditsGuile, Killingspree and our talenttree. Same goes for this forced penalty of being behind the target. Ontop of all this HM isnt really treating us well on the stat on gear/weaponfront either.

Im very much inlove with this expansion, but not my charecter..

Rogues are solid. They are middle of the pack. That's the goal for all specs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rogue's will most likely get a nice boost next patch when set bonus's are introduced.

Saw the word "noxxic", stopped reading there.

The beginning of TBC also sucked for rogues. This xpack just shows again how dependent on gear with good stats we are. RNGesus has been really pissed at me..

I'm optimistic that Blackrock will be our time to shine.

on a side note I was kinda disappointing to only see a 635 xmas tree dagger.

Deleted
    my wife playes a rogue - and so did I many years ago. she dosnt like raiding, so guess who is doing LFR for her to gear up? ;D
    right now she got ilvl 629 or somehing like that, and "usually" i end up as #10 (combat rogue btw) which is fine imo - its not the best, but also not the worst - good mid-range dps.
    I dont know, if it changes radically at higher ilvls like mythic gear, but if not, there is nothing to complain about ^^

Quote Originally Posted by kennyisnotdead View Post
    The beginning of TBC also sucked for rogues. This xpack just shows again how dependent on gear with good stats we are. RNGesus has been really pissed at me..

I'm optimistic that Blackrock will be our time to shine.

on a side note I was kinda disappointing to only see a 635 xmas tree dagger.
    I'm not sure that is going to be true anymore. This is all anecdotal and based on my own experience thus far. However, from what I've noticed is that my damage has been falling farther and farther behind the rest of my guild the more gear we get. Quite simply, my dps isn't going up as much as theirs. Logs seem to indicate this as well. Rogues do better relative to other classes the lower the difficulty; Mythic, Heroic, Normal.

I don't know if this is due to the Agility changes, the damage rescaling, or the poor itemization. But I certainly don't feel stronger with more gear. In fact, I feel quite the opposite happening.

Edit: Also believe this is happening to Ferals, who were considerably stronger at the beginning of Highmaul relative to the other classes. It's difficult to tell with Monks, Shaman, and Hunters because they've recieved damage buffs/nerfs since Highmaul's release.
    Last edited by Skarzog; 2014-12-29 at 08:03 PM.

Why not play your rogue because you like your rogue? You can always reroll to something thats good if being ontop of the meters means that much to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Rogue's will most likely get a nice boost next patch when set bonus's are introduced.
    Yes, issue is so will everyone else....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarzog View Post
    I'm not sure that is going to be true anymore. This is all anecdotal and based on my own experience thus far. However, from what I've noticed is that my damage has been falling farther and farther behind the rest of my guild the more gear we get. Quite simply, my dps isn't going up as much as theirs. Logs seem to indicate this as well. Rogues do better relative to other classes the lower the difficulty; Mythic, Heroic, Normal.

I don't know if this is due to the Agility changes, the damage rescaling, or the poor itemization. But I certainly don't feel stronger with more gear. In fact, I feel quite the opposite happening.

Edit: Also believe this is happening to Ferals, who were considerably stronger at the beginning of Highmaul relative to the other classes. It's difficult to tell with Monks, Shaman, and Hunters because they've recieved damage buffs/nerfs since Highmaul's release.
    Observing the same as well. We are not scaling good anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctify View Post
    Why not play your rogue because you like your rogue? You can always reroll to something thats good if being ontop of the meters means that much to you.
    Doesn't change the fact that there is a problem and rerolling should never be a solution to class problems.

idk what blizzard is thinking i guess we see another drop in rogue population this xpac
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Honestly I think that this is being blown a little out of proportion, We're not the top of the charts right now but we certainly aren't as bad as people are making us out to be. Myself and the other rogue have been brought in for progress on every fight so far, and we're probably going to be brought in when we kill mythic butcher next week. (My guild is very casual so this might be different to other guilds.)