10+ Year Old Account

Sha Crystals from DE'ing Draenor Epics?

I have disenchanted at least 3 WoD quest/rare drop items that upgraded to epic quality. Each time I received Sha Crystals.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I opened a ticket about it, but the response was not very helpful. It didn't even state that this was a known issue. I would think that I should've received at least Temporal Crystal Shards or at least some other WoD enchanting material, not something from MoP.

You don't get temporal till 100 Epics, probably intended to not devalue them drastically. Id suggest just selling your none 100 epics.
    Last edited by Ozmondo; 2014-12-29 at 02:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Epic items below 600ilvl will give Sha crystals, that seems to be the threshold they have allotted for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Epic items below 600ilvl will give Sha crystals, that seems to be the threshold they have allotted for it.
    Higher than that, I've DE'd a 617 and 628 and still got a sha crystal. I suspect it needs to be 640+.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Annoying yes. Would be nice if they gave Temporal Shards, Luminous Shards or even Dust over Sha Crystals.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You wasn't told it's a known issue because it isn't one, Lower ilvl epics just don't give Temporal shards.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    You wasn't told it's a known issue because it isn't one, Lower ilvl epics just don't give Temporal shards.
    ★★ Warlords of Draenor Known Issues ★★
    It is possible to loot Sha Crystals when disenchanting Warlords of Draenor items. We are investigating, however Customer Support are unable assist in replacing these materials.
    lower epics are supposed to give Fractured Temoral Crystals

As a non-enchanter, this became apparent early on as you can only DE epics of ilvl 600+ at the enchanter's study. All the quest epics had the red text of non-disenchantable etc.

The only conclusion I came to was that because we had essentially gear up to ilvl 600 in Mists (or high 500s in the case of epics), they set a new threshold for WoD above that. After the first few I just didn't worry about it and enjoyed the extra gold from selling the soulbound epics (as I always had done for the past 9 years )

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    How is it not an issue? It means getting those fancy "EPIC UPGRADE" popups is actually a loss if it's not something you'll wear(different armor/weapon type, worse than what you have), and I feel like items getting worse by getting "upgraded" is an issue. Also because the blue/green items DO disenchant into WoD mats. Also it's apparently on the list of known issues.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2014-12-29 at 02:44 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Level 600 is the threshold.
    So explain why the treasures that upgraded into epics DE'd as sha crystals despite being over 600 ilvl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

it's rather inconsistant in my experience. I've had some items not disenchant on the altar (but my enchanter char was able to disenchant the same items directly) but some items with lower item level would disenchant. I've also had some 90-95ish epics give sha crystals and some give fractured temporal crystals. most 95+ and ilvl 610+ items seem to give temporal crystals but occasionally a sha crystal creeps in

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    Annoying yes. Would be nice if they gave Temporal Shards, Luminous Shards or even Dust over Sha Crystals.
    ^^this I now groan whenever I get an item upgraded to epic because it's just a loss of DE mats

I've also had some 90-95ish epics give sha crystals and some give fractured temporal crystals.
    Last edited by menkupalme; 2014-12-30 at 08:39 AM.