Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Stuns need reworked in pvp

Stuns either need to break on damage or have a much longer DR than they currently have. The way combat rogues are working right now is just ridiculous. It's the only version of CC that you lose complete control of your character and doesn't break on damage. Out dated mechanic.
    Last edited by Futon; 2014-12-29 at 03:14 PM.
    Orc/Human Hunter - Futon @ Nathrezim and Kel'Thuzad

Deleted
    Should not break on damage.

Should be shorter or DR with all the rest or more forms of CC.

Deleted
    You realise combat has a much longer stun than other specs/classes right? So which is it, nerf combat stun or all stuns?

When was the last time you killed a healer without damaging him in a stun?

A lot of people hate on Blizzards balancing and complain they don't listen. Thank fucking God. Nerf all stuns, wtf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or they could, pay attention here, nerf combat rogues. *woosh* mind = blown ikr?

They could also put stuns on a 2 times DR instead of 3. You know, first CC = 100% duration, second is 50% and third is 25% but for stuns you'd be immune after the second stun. This would prevent constant restunning from for example rogues.

Besides that stuns are mostly fine with the exception of warriors, DKs and rets having freaking ranged stuns.

A LOT of classes need to have changes on stuff outside of just rogues.

Some classes lost access to multiple stuns while others kept that and just about everything else.

UH dks sure as hell don't need 2 stuns along with the rest of their toolkit.

Rets with 30 second cd 6 second duration stun is very unecessary though I feel the spec would be fine just losing their slow. Clemency also needs to go; there's aboslutely no need for the talent after all the changes coming into WoD, it made sense in MoP but not anymore.

I think rogues are fine outside of the 12 second kidney. I think a nerf to combat's 8 second kidney is a better idea than the shadow image.

Ferals, like rets, would be a lot more bearable if they lost their slow. A nerf to the ferocious bite glyph would be nice too to curb their healing, they're fine in the stun department.

Ranged is fine for the most part. Hunters just need to lose 12 second traps, up the cd to 20 seconds and it'll be fine. Binding shot doesn't need a nerf either.
    Reducing focusing shot to 1.5 seconds and removing frozen ammo would make that the go to pvp talent for hunters thereby reducing their mobility as it's very much necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like l2p issues to me. Combat rogues are weak as rag dolls outside of their kidney shot setup and killing spree.

Deleted
    I dont get the issue with rogues.

Sub/Assa are totally useless, especially Assa. Now we have Combat with 1 good strong stun and everybody cries.
    Its not like Combat rogues are anywhere to be seen on the ladder. Everything's full of rets/dk/hunter.

Why would you nerf stuns ? U want arena games to be totally stupid and be just pve dps races until -heal is high enough to kill some1 ?
    Stuns are totally fine and there is zero need to change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Sounds like l2p issues to me. Combat rogues are weak as rag dolls outside of their kidney shot setup and killing spree.
    And way too strong within the red buff. That doesn't make it balanced... it's actually the complete opposite of balanced.

8s stuns go against literally everything that they said they were working to "fix" in PvP at the Blizzcon panels. They specifically said "we're reducing CC to give players more time to play their character in PvP" and then left Combat's 8s stun in.

I realize the ability's been there since MoP, but the 8% rep at 2400+ now versus 0% at 2400 in MoP pretty much confirms that it was left too strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    This simply isn't true. Combat Rogues can do a lot of sustained damage if they're spec'd for it, and since most high rated Rogues are spec'd for it I imagine more and more Rogues will drop Shadow Reflection which dies almost instantly and pick up Venom Rush for the massive sustained damage increase.

Saying that 8 second Kidney is balanced is just silly, because it's not. I don't care all that much since I play with a Rogue, and doing 8 second Kidney into 3 second Leg Sweep into 3 second Garrote Silence is hilarious when killing healers, but even so, trying to pretend that it's balanced is just dumb. If Kidney had a 1 minute CD then I think it'd be fine, because you basically need to pop a major defensive for every Kidney, and since it happens every 20 seconds you run out of defensives very very fast.

People who are stunned should take less damage. Maybe while stunned you take 20% less for the duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Avlivar View Post
    People who are stunned should take less damage. Maybe while stunned you take 20% less for the duration.
    So while they cant defend themselves they should be more defensible?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avlivar View Post
    Nerfing stuns is a good way to ensure healers lolcast while you try and kill them.
    8 sec kidneys need to be fixed, not stuns.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverence View Post
    So while they cant defend themselves they should be more defensible?
    Call it resolve or some shit. Half of the defensive CDs in the game can be used while stunned. Stuns wouldn't be problem if every class had some way to counter them.

I was just stating a possible solution to stuns to the person who claimed stuns need to be reworked. Personally, I don't think stuns are a problem aside from Combat's Kidney. And even then, I think the only class that can't really deal with it are Warriors and Ferals.
    Last edited by Avlivar; 2014-12-30 at 03:51 AM.

The 8 second kidney is the kill window for rogues. Save your trinket for those 8 second kidney/smoke bombs and you should be okay.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stuns can be removed as soon as healer classes can no longer A) increase their Movement speed, B) be able to heal through 1 DPS beating on them, C) CC themselves.

I'll give up stun if Healers lose those 3 things.

Quote Originally Posted by Pastulio View Post
    The 8 second kidney is the kill window for rogues. Save your trinket for those 8 second kidney/smoke bombs and you should be okay.
    Okay, so trinket has a 2min CD as do most major defensive CDs. Kidney has a 20 second CD. So...... That doesn't exactly add up.

First kidney = trinket. Second kidney = defensive CD #1. Third kidney = defensive CD #2. Fourth Kidney = ???. Can't CC Rogue during Killing Spree, and ran out of defensives. Honestly the only class I can live on against Rogues is my Monk, and I'm not even a good Monk, they just happen to have a lot of defensives that can be rotated nicely.

Make Kidney 6 seconds = problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Okay, so trinket has a 2min CD as do most major defensive CDs. Kidney has a 20 second CD. So...... That doesn't exactly add up.

First kidney = trinket. Second kidney = defensive CD #1. Third kidney = defensive CD #2. Fourth Kidney = ???. Can't CC Rogue during Killing Spree, and ran out of defensives. Honestly the only class I can live on against Rogues is my Monk, and I'm not even a good Monk, they just happen to have a lot of defensives that can be rotated nicely.

Make Kidney 6 seconds = problem solved.
    Smoke bomb is a 3 minute cooldown. The kill window is kidney/smoke bomb, not just kidney. You can live through a kidney shot, it's harder to live through a kidney/bomb.

10+ Year Old Account
    • Stuns shouldn't break on damage.
    • They should DR with other Stuns.
    • Stuns shouldn't last any longer than 5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstop View Post
    Its not like Combat rogues are anywhere to be seen on the ladder.
    ...what?

They're everywhere on US, not sure if you play EU and it's different over there or something. I almost never see sub rogues in arena anymore. Probably 1/10 rogues I see are sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Ferals, like rets, would be a lot more bearable if they lost their slow. A nerf to the ferocious bite glyph would be nice too to curb their healing, they're fine in the stun department.
    I disagree heavily here. Primarily during their burst, their stuns are absolutely ridiculous and need toning down due to Rake constantly restunning. They should change Rake to not stun during Incarnation, but only when truly in stealth. They could still Prowl during Incarnation > Rake, but that would invoke a 10 sec CD at the very least. I actually think their slow is manageable considering that Shred is the only ability that applies a slow, which costs 40 energy while ferals are often energy starved. The feroc bite glyph is also barely ever used afaik lol. Their damage should be shifted from Feroc Bite to their sustained a tiny bit more or remove the set bonus that refreshes Tiger's Fury CD when the feral interrupts a cast.