7+ Year Old Account

When to stop Yolo'ing

Since this season started I've been joining Yolo RBGs to cap. Now that I've made some friends and gotten some rating, I'm wondering when I should stop doing Yolo and start trying to find an actual team? How high can I expect to get doing Yolo?

I know RBGs are in a bad state atm with the flyhackers and kickhackers that are running around unpunished, and the 'real pvpers' tend to have a negative opinion of rbgs, but I enjoy them. I'm mostly a pve player, so I've been using RBGs as a secondary source of gear, so I have daggers on my rogue atm but I'll be switching to combat soon. I also play a frost dk, feral/resto (horde) and boomkin/resto. My rogue is the only toon I care about pve on atm. Not sure if any of that matters, but since I enjoy doing RBGs on all of these toons I don't really care which one I play.

So basically, at what rating should I stop Yolo'ing and start looking for a real group, and which of those would you guys recommend for pushing rating?

Boomkin is high demand right now for Starfall, but please play what you truly enjoy the most, as for how high you can get... lots of RnG tbh, I would advise finding a group as soon as possible, building a relationship with a group of avid pvp'rs for RBGs is alot of fun and you can make great acquaintances as well as get your rating high, be wary though finding a good group without a rating of 1800+ achieve is difficult because people are... elitists?

With the way RBGs are at the moment you can Yolo up to about 1800. You really just need to keep joining groups and you will eventually just get into that one group that for whatever reason is magically working well. Ride them for wins even after you cap and you will get there.

Every time you are in a decent group, give out your battletag after a game or before you leave. You will eventually get friends and can start working on it from there. Honestly though, the only real way to move out of Yolo land with any real reliability is to start your own group. You lead, do the work of making all the friends and you will always be swimming in people. Build out friends with healers first, potential flag runners second and a few choice dps like DK/Boomkin/Afflicition. Rest you can safely get through group finder or from people's friends list.

You won't find a team if you don't have a 2k rating, they are all douchebags like that. So yolo on, brother.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiousity, what exactly does YOLO Rated BGs means?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    It used to mean pretty much win or lose. Now its typically a non voice group or a non ideal composition.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    Basically LFG rbg.