Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ok need ideas on boosting dps output.

Hi guys

Normally i do a lot of research to make sure im min max on any toon im playing, but for some reason i just cant get this mage to work this starting Xpac.

Currently sitting 663-665 Ilvl and suppose to be sim dps at around 28+k

Now i do have the [Coagulated Genesaur Blood] on due to the boost to Multi that does seem to proc a decent amount. I have the option of Normal mode = [Quiescent Runestone] but seem to not be getting enough Ice lance procs to max out anyway.

Feel free to go into them and have a peek at logs

Note that, im very solid at mechanics and sometimes do the jobs to get the fight done because some of my guildies are horrid at it and I would rather drop 2-3k dps and get fight killed than wipe over and over. Its a good but bad thing, because i know i drop dps which looks bad on output and numbers, but then good thing that mechanics and fights a win, " double edge sword "

If we can get some views on this request would be good. Considering im GM of the guild and asking players to meed standards im not meeting, doesnt look good.

thanks
    Last edited by jbomb; 2015-01-02 at 08:11 AM.

Deleted
    Links for you
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/18061/
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...letor/advanced

You should use Quiescen Runestone over Coagulated Genesaur blood, no matter what.

Looked into a kill you did on Butcher 24 dec

4.20 minute fight, you only used 2 Mirror Image, so you lost 20 sec on the last one.
    You got 29 FoF procs, but only used 27, be sure to use ice lance when they proc
    The same goes with BF procs, you got 22 but only used 19.
    You should also save you Frozen orb for each PC, do not use Frozen orb on cd.

You also doing you burst totally wrong, you diden't attack boss before 3 sec into the fight, and thats when you Frozen Orb hits and you diden't precast frostbolt.
    You burst should be like this:

-3 Mirror image
    -2 Pre pot
    -1 Pre cast frostbolt
    0 cast frostbolt
    1. use Frozen orb
    2. use PC
    3. use Icy veins, racial, etc.
    4. Use all you ice lance/frostbolt procs on crystal
    5. When out of procs or 3sec~ left of PC use both Ice Nova (You use both at the start of you PC also think you lost some of you procs there)
    6. When PC is out, use the rest of procs
    7. Cast frostbolt and water jet

If you change these small things you should do significant more dps

Ice nova is better than Frost bomb, for single target. Tectus and Imperator(Mythic only) should be the only bosses where you use Frost bomb.
    On tectus you should also be using Incanter's flow over Mirror image
    Last edited by mmoc4cbfff65bc; 2015-01-07 at 04:23 PM.

Thanks,

Kept getting an error trying to post it.

- - - Updated - - -

Big Question

[Frost Bomb] vs [Ice Nova], from what i have found out [Ice Nova] is better for single target, due to the 100% damage but [Frost Bomb] ice lance bonus does it over take it?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks heaps

Not really enjoying frost, i notice the water ele just stop attacking at time and needs to be re told to fight.

Rng seems to get into factor a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixers View Post
    -3 Mirror image
    -2 Pre pot
    -1 Pre cast frostbolt
    0 cast frostbolt
    1. use Frozen orb
    2. use PC
    3. Use Icy veins, racial cd etc.
    4. Use all you ice lance/frostbolt procs on crystal
    5. When out of procs or 3sec~ left of PC use both Ice Nova (You use both at the start of you PC also think you lost some of you procs there)
    6. When PC is out, use the rest of procs
    7. Cast frostbolt and water jet
    Are you sure that you cast Icy Veins after PC? I think you should use Icy Veins and trinkets etc before PC to not have any GCDs cockblocking your dps once PC is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Synndra View Post
    Are you sure that you cast Icy Veins after PC? I think you should use Icy Veins and trinkets etc before PC to not have any GCDs cockblocking your dps once PC is up.
    Not sure if this is accurate, but cock blocking is never good in any situation...

i normally pop

Mirrors, then pre cast, then IV, Bez, before PC. i normally pop a ice lance just to get mirrors casting if i dont get a proc from FB.

Deleted
    The reason is that Icy veins do not share GCD, there for you can use it after you placed crystal. So using it before placing crystal would be 1 sec waste of icy veins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jbomb View Post
    i normally pop

Mirrors, then pre cast, then IV, Bez, before PC. i normally pop a ice lance just to get mirrors casting if i dont get a proc from FB.
    If you pre cast frostbolt, MI will attack when it hits the boss. Don't use ice lance for that
    Last edited by mmoc4cbfff65bc; 2015-01-07 at 04:24 PM.

Hey Rixers

Thanks man, just watch ya Mage POV youtube vids. I see ive been popping stuff a bit early and will use this to boost well. Thanks man,

Bind pot + frostbolt together,
    -2 cast MI
    -1 Cast pot + IV + Frostbolt
    0 cast frostbolt
    1 Frozen Orb
    2 PC
    3 Any trinkets, racials etc less than 15 + ice lance (all of gcd so doesnt matter)

PC priority should be

Ice lance if 2 stacks
    Ice Nova if 2 stacks
    Ice lance if 1 stack
    Ice Nova if 1 stack
    Frostfire Bolt if 2 stacks
    Frostfire Bolt if 1 stack
    Frostbolt

Reason you pre cast IV is because it is 20 seconds long so it will last the whole pc + the first 2 frostbolts will have a significantly higher chance to proc Frostfire Bolt for your PC

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridanjohn View Post
    Bind pot + frostbolt together,
    -2 cast MI
    -1 Cast pot + IV + Frostbolt
    0 cast frostbolt
    1 Frozen Orb
    2 PC
    3 Any trinkets, racials etc less than 15 + ice lance (all of gcd so doesnt matter)

PC priority should be

Ice lance if 2 stacks
    Ice Nova if 2 stacks
    Ice lance if 1 stack
    Ice Nova if 1 stack
    Frostfire Bolt if 2 stacks
    Frostfire Bolt if 1 stack
    Frostbolt

Reason you pre cast IV is because it is 20 seconds long so it will last the whole pc + the first 2 frostbolts will have a significantly higher chance to proc Frostfire Bolt for your PC
    You're joking with that priority list right?

FFB > IN > IL.

IL has priority at 2 stacks because of procs overlapping.
    FFB has highest priority in terms of damage.
    IN is often used when you have no IL or FFB procs, and you'll use it the last second on crystal because it has no travel time, this way you can get a last IN but not a IL or FFB.

Something i cant wrap my head around, is the fact that OP cast Prismatic crystal at 6 seconds, and his next one is at 2:13. Thats 40 seconds of a PC CD wasted.

You cast mirror image mid PC. thats another GCD wasted. TWICE
    You're using copelands 10 seconds before your seconds mirror image. These are both 2 minute CDs and should be lined up.

OP also says that he precasts mirror image into frostbolt, and by looking at his logs this is clearly not the case.

I've seen frozen orb > CDs > MI > PC. And you've also done MI > CDs > Frozen orb > PC.

You're also missing food buff in all the fights i've looked at so far.
    Last edited by Slykz; 2014-12-30 at 11:13 AM.

Deleted
    With frost bomb I suggest:
    -2 Prepot / cast fb
    0 Mirror Image / on use trinket / IV
    1.5 frost bolt + water jet (if tanks are still positioning do a second FB)
    3 frost bomb
    4.5 orb
    6 pc
    proceed to burst.

PC priority is to clear your IL stacks so IL > FFB > hardcasting FB. The reason isn't the damage about either IL or FFB, but simply that FFB can generate IL, but IL generates nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slykz View Post
    You're joking with that priority list right?

FFB > IN > IL.

IL has priority at 2 stacks because of procs overlapping.
    FFB has highest priority in terms of damage.
    IN is often used when you have no IL or FFB procs, and you'll use it the last second on crystal because it has no travel time, this way you can get a last IN but not a IL or FFB.
    IL highest priority than FFB because once your cristal is gone if you have remaining FFB then you lost the 10% damage buff from PC but if you have remaining IL then you lost the buff and the damage from splitting ice glyph.
    IN used when you have < 2 IL so you can get the CD rolling ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Porcinet View Post
    IL highest priority than FFB because once your cristal is gone if you have remaining FFB then you lost the 10% damage buff from PC but if you have remaining IL then you lost the buff and the damage from splitting ice glyph.
    IN used when you have < 2 IL so you can get the CD rolling ASAP.
    About the ice lance and frostfire thing, no.

Calculations have been done before. FFB does more damage then ice lance, even if the ice lance cleaves with glyph.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappus View Post
    With frost bomb I suggest:
    -2 Prepot / cast fb
    0 Mirror Image / on use trinket / IV
    1.5 frost bolt + water jet (if tanks are still positioning do a second FB)
    3 frost bomb
    4.5 orb
    6 pc
    proceed to burst.

PC priority is to clear your IL stacks so IL > FFB > hardcasting FB. The reason isn't the damage about either IL or FFB, but simply that FFB can generate IL, but IL generates nothing.
    Sorry but that pull is not even close to be good.

Pre cast mirror image instead of wasting icd on pull. Dont use you IV and water jet on pull, you will get ice lance procs anyhow, that way you wasting a ice lance proc because you have 2 from water yet, then you get atleast one more from orb. If you only wanted to cast 1 frostbolt with water jet, then you wasted an extra proc aswell.

Why would you use frost bomb on boss and not on crystal ? thats only good if you can get crystal to be exactly on top of boss, which is a really rare case. No reason to use All cd etc before you crystal is out and you have frost bomb on the crystal, else you just wasting icy veins on a frost bomb cast.

Sorry for the stupid question, but what pot is everyone talking about when mentioning prepot?

Quote Originally Posted by Serix1 View Post
    Sorry for the stupid question, but what pot is everyone talking about when mentioning prepot?
    They are talking about

Draenic Intellect Potion
    Use: Increases your intellect by 1000 for 25 sec. (1 Min Cooldown)

Prepot means to use a Draenic Intellect Potion before the pull (before you enter in combat), so you can use another pot (2 total) in one fight (because the 1 min CD).

You should use Ask Mr Robot, so you can know how to prioritize your gear.

Oh, and by the way. When people say things such as "Bind pot + frostbolt together" then for the love of god, dont listen to them.

Save your second pot for parts in the boss fight where you need more burst, or simply use the second pot for a delayed BL/3rd crystal when you have icy veins up aswell.

Deleted
    Save your second pot for parts in the boss fight where you need more burst, or simply use the second pot for a delayed BL/3rd crystal when you have icy veins up aswell.
    Slykz is right, keep your pot for the good moment. When your RL ask you to burst, or for your 3rd crystal to maximise DPS (90% of the time).

My questions are :

Should i use Water Jet on pull before using Frost bolt?

My actual opener is :

-3 Image Mirror
    -2 Frost Bolt
    -1 Water Jet
    -0 Frost Bolt
    +2 IV + Ice Lance (2 procs)
    +3 FO
    +4 PC

Prio on PC : IL(2procs)>FFB (2)>IN (2) > FFB (1) > IL > FFB > IN

I used to IL before FFB because on the proc generation, and because FFB can proc a new IL proc.

Sometime i got a low generation of stacks, i think this is because my PC is in a wrong position.

should i put it in front of the boss, or behind? Or this is only luck?

I use this talents for Twin Ogron (NM/HM/Mythic)

FB/IF/TV

Is it the optimal talents for this fight?

Thanks guys ! :-)

IV and trinkets are off the GCD so using them before PC makes you lose 1.5 sec of uptime. Pop IV right before your start using your procs on PC.