Deleted

Resto Shaman tier 4/6/7 talents & glyphs

Gearing up my resto shaman, and I am unsure what talents/glyphs combinations to take.

I see most high PVE resto shamans go elemental blast + high tide + ancestral swiftness or elemental mastery, yet most guides advice other combinations (usually Echo of the Elements -> Primal Elementalist -> Cloudburst Totem).

Obviously these talents change between fights, but I am having a hard time determining the factors upon which they should change. Also, what glyphs would synergize the best with the talents chosen (i.e.: should I use Glyph of Riptide with the High Tide talent, I think Glyph of Chaining is better)?

Some input from other resto shamans would be greatly appreciated .

First things first; I cannot think of any situation where glyph of chaining would be used in this expansion. If there was a situation where it was applicable than High Tide would still be better.

Elemental blast has very little impact for dps, so you are looking at it for the buff. Where as the throughput it increases is decent, it's really there for the spirit buff from my experience. If you use it (which you should, it's nice) I highly suggest you attach it to a target of target macro so you don't need to really think hard about it. Press a button when you have a spare few seconds and let it go. It's a bad talent on certain fights where you are constantly spamming heals (butcher comes to mind).

Primal Elemental is good for throughput healing and a flat dps increase. It also gives you a nice defensive cool down as well with using the Earth Elemental's channel ability. In certain fights this really shines (once again Butcher comes to mind. Fire Elemental at the beginning to help burn down the boss, earth elemental w/ channel for the enrage).

Most fights you will want to use High Tide over Cloudburst for functionality. If there is heavy stack portions of the fight and pretty constant healing than Cloudburst wins out. Spread fights (which there are a decent amount of right now) you'll want to keep to High Tide.

AS vs. EotE is largely up to debate. AS has a much easier learning curve to it. It is a flat increase and doesn't cause you to think any extra during the fight save for a macro'd "Oh Shit" single target button. EotE primarily helps spread riptide around if you aren't using the Glyph of Riptide. The extra burst value of the initial heal can add up for some nice numbers. It can also give you some bursty single target healing with Unleash Life x2 (or 3 or 4 if it keeps proccing, it happens). I've found this to be helpful in certain fights like Ko'ragh since the tanks can take some bursty damage while picking up adds.

If you take High Tides you'll either want EotE or glyph of riptide.
    Is this where the header goes?

I would say use Glyph of Chaining instead of Glyph of Riptide with High Tide talent.

The cd on CH will only save you some mana. You could use eco of elements talent to reduce the cd on riptide.
    Never use the Glyph of Riptide with eco of elements ofcouse.
    Also would recommand not using Glyph of Riptid with conductivity.

Ofcouse if your raid is stacked you could argue over this.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hello Prinnyraider,
    if you do not mind opinion of average player (only Heroic raiding, only silver or worse challenges), here:

60 Lvl talents:
    I find myself using Healing Wave a lot, so passive haste from AS is simple and effective way to go around healing anything.
    I would switch to EM on fights where i know there are phases of heavy dmg, where i can boost my cooldowns with personal bloodlust. (Imperator, Ko'ragh)
    I tried EotS a bit and even would pick them for Twins as ppl move chaotically and i can use few more ticking riptides together with chaining glyph. Personal preference, nothing else.

75 lvl talents:
    Rushing streams by default, very nice healing for free.
    I switch to conductivity for specific fights: Butcher, Brackenspore, Imperator.
    So far i did not use Ancestral Guidance, it feels hard to use.

90 lvl talents:
    Here I tend to choose depending on intensity of fights and my mana consumption.
    While in Challenge with my friends, i pick always Unleashed Fury as i know there will be no time to cast Blast, our tank is squishy...
    Sometimes i run with different friends with higher skill and i can just run Blast, keep my mana full, do some extra dmg.
    Raids are similar in the aspect it depend on fight.
    Unleash life on move to get very strong heal once i stop is nice on Tectus or Twins, Blast feels great on Imperator, when i can keep my mana high for later phases.
    I do not use Primar Elementalist.

100 lvl talents are hell
    I used Claudburst only on Brackenspore as I could prepare it prior to spore healing and it will be fully charged before the end of the ability. Otherwere? Why would i ever.. ;[ Could be skill issue, but i just do not find it useful.
    For me, Storm Elemental heals for too little. No use.
    High Tide doubles effectiveness of Chain Heal, which feels great in raiding.
    Constant dmg with ppl moving around (Twins) i use Chaining glyph, keep Riptides up and combine CH with HWs.
    Faster burst dmg, riptide on tanks and chaining to get ppl confortable (Brakenspore on blue mushrooms).

I am not fan of Riptide glyph, i cannot comment on it, sorry ;]

15+ Year Old Account
    Ancestral Guidance + Elemental Mastery is a nice little (500-700k) 4th cooldown to have. AG+EM and Ascendance pair well with Cloudburst Totem.

So, therefore my talent choices are these two:

"Bursty cooldown setup": Elemental Mastery + Ancestral Guidance + Elemental Blast + Cloudburst Totem + Glyph of Chaining -> mostly healing with single target heals.

"Basic setup": Ancestral Swiftness + Rushing Streams + Elemental Blast + High Tide + Glyph of Riptide -> mostly healing with Chain Heal and Healing Stream Totem.

Glyph of Healing Wave and Glyph of Healing Stream Totem are glyphs I use always. The third one is either Glyph of Riptide, Glyph of Chaining or Glyph of Spiritwalker's Grace/Focus.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I do see a lot of progression-driven Resto Shaman with Ancestral Swiftness, and my suspicion is that's because an emergency heal can prevent a wipe, which is especially important for world and server first chasers.

But in general raiding, I don't see it being that useful. The passive Haste is negligible, and while an instant cast heal is nice, it's yet another button to press in a set-up sequence, which we're already laden with (ie Riptide+Unleash+spell) and I personally find that hugely irritating, so another GCD button just doesn't work for me.

I like EM, pairing it with HTT is a great combo, even if it means holding off on the EM for a minute - the boost it gives HTT gets people healed up fast. Echo is just clunky, and while Resto Shaman are kings of clunky, I try to avoid adding on to that jumble. So EM is my default choice.

For tier 5 I default to Rushing Streams, but Conductivity is pretty nice for Brackenspore.
    Tier 6 I go with EB for now, it's a nice mana regen tool and I usually drop a Healing Rain after casting EB to take advantage of whatever stat boost I got and apply that to some AoE healing.
    Tier 7 is High Tide. Cloudburst is great for heroic dungeons and presumably challenge modes, but for raiding, HT is the only real choice here as far as I'm concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

Hey. I know it can get confusing to read all the diffrent responses here, so if you want you can add me for a quick chat Kiraos#2341

Europe - Al'Akir - Gavhf

The above is my continent, realm and char name if you wanna check me out before deciding if you want a few quick tips:P