Page 1 of 18
... LastLast
    Deleted

This is why I respect Blizzard; They never discriminate on who is breaking TOS.

This is the most recent,

Former Blizzcon Champ Alex "Sodah" Ringe has also been banned for account sharing

From my personal experience in other MMOrpgs, in-game celebrities tend to get always better treatment when it comes to punishment. It is great that Blizzard applies the same rules & regulations regardless of who-is-what.
    Last edited by mmoce1d7bdc935; 2014-12-28 at 05:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't know that about Athene.

Yeah, everyone should be treated equally.

Deleted
    Athene isn't Auxilla. He claimed to be Auxilla to get views etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barsonik View Post
    Athene isn't Auxilla. He claimed to be Auxilla to get views etc.
    I was about to re-edit. Thanks for clarifying.

Deleted
    Blizzard have banned high profile people before, they usually just got unbanned soon after. Hopefully this time the perma bans will stay.

I for one think it's uncalled for. If there are exploits in your game then it's you who f*ed it up and it's you who should fix it, preferably before you have to 'let them eat cake'. If people want to tryhard and do whatever they can in the game to get ahead - let them. It's not like -anyone- is seriously thinking WoW an e-sport, and those few competing raiding guilds are an exception rather than a rule.

In short; Blizzard's policies may be fair but that doesn't change the fact they've been increasingly anti-fun for a very, very long time.
    Last edited by Saberstrike; 2014-12-28 at 05:14 PM.

You realise that Athene is not this player and that he just made the video as a troll? Athenes attempt at world first was killed off by a hotfix from beta to live that reduced the EXP gain from killing mobs, thus he gave up as he knew he would not make it. When this other guy got banned Athene made a video claiming to be him for comical effect, it was completely obvious in his video that he made about this that he was just trolling.

You could have done some actual research before making a thread. Athene has actually been banned for leveling exploits in the past.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

You may want to look up "Twitch Plays WoW" with Mionelol and see the amount of flak she caught from people trying to get her banned during that while Celestalon himself advertised the stream. I'm not for instant-banning people to make an example of them but they've been accused of being extra lenient on people they like, or pointing out that a specific event isn't specifically breaking the ToS as it's the first example they've encountered and are considering it an exemption, several times.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    I for one think it's uncalled for. If there are exploits in your game then it's you who f*ed it up and you should fix it, preferably before you have to 'let them eat cake'. If people want to try hard and do whatever they can in the game to get ahead - why not let them? It's not like -anyone- is treating WoW as an e-sport, and those few competing raiding guilds are an exception rather than a rule.

In short; Blizzard's policies may be fair but that doesn't change the fact they've been increasingly anti-fun for a very, very long time.
    He was banned for account sharing.. No company can prevent that. It happens.

Deleted
    Wasn't reckful also recently banned for account sharing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    Wasn't reckful also recently banned for account sharing?
    Correct.

Reckful banned for account sharing on stream - RIP

Account sharing for the sake of amusement is such a huge problem when our battlegrounds are overrun with bots, our rbgs are full of wintraders, our arenas are full of interrupt-hackers and our baby-Ashran is universally despised. No, all that stuff is unimportant! SHARING IS WHAT'S CAUSING THE DOWNFALL OF WOW!

Gotta find a scapegoat, eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    I for one think it's uncalled for. If there are exploits in your game then it's you who f*ed it up and it's you who should fix it, preferably before you have to 'let them eat cake'. If people want to tryhard and do whatever they can in the game to get ahead - let them. It's not like -anyone- is seriously thinking WoW an e-sport, and those few competing raiding guilds are an exception rather than a rule.

Wether the user can abuse it or not doesn't matter.
    When you make an account and play you agree to not do X. If you still do X you get punished.
    It's the players responsibility to follow the rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Deleted
    These guys have openly account shared and used tmporh on stream for years and you think they don't discriminate because they finally ban 2 people that they have known about for years while there is still others on Twitch doing the same thing? Are you serious?

It is a player's responsibility to follow the rules, yes; But it is also Blizzard's responsibility to make sure they're offering enough rule enforcement -across the board-, not in select few cases.

I won't say the celebrity-players are completely innocent but at this point I feel like there are bigger problems they should handle than handing out random bans because 'oh hey you broke a stupid rule for ten millionth time and for some reason only now it's worthy of a ban. Now excuse us while we're failing to enforce twenty much more game-breaking ones'.

https://twitter.com/ByronBernstein/s...01846660931585

I thought Reckful was a cool guy. This changed my views.

It's Blizzard's world, they can enforce any rule they want. It would be like going to a different planet and seeing all these signs telling you not to spit on the ground or else you will go to jail. And you do it anyway, then you ask "but why is this so severe hurr durr"

Actually you could argue they are discriminating since they're going after streamers. I highly doubt anyone that doesn't stream is getting banned for 'account sharing' right now. It's hilarious how Blizzard has now problem with multi-boxers (who ruined things like Tol Barad and other areas of the game at times) because they get 5 subs from one person. But if say you and you log into your friends account to grab his garrison stuff for him that's so horrible. The more accounts you pay for the less likely Blizzard is to go after you. That's why botting isn't a big enough deal to them to actually end it. For each botter that's another $15 a month so who cares if they destroy parts of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    It's Blizzard's world, they can enforce any rule they want. It would be like going to a different planet and seeing all these signs telling you not to spit on the ground or else you will go to jail. And you do it anyway, then you ask "but why is this so severe hurr durr"
    Except Blizzard can't use things they have no true access to (Twitch, Twitter posts, etc) as grounds to take action against someone. I could easily flip on Twitch and say 'omg guys I'm on my friends account!' and if I am or not they can't use that against me. But what if they check IPs and such?! Sure they could do that. But they aren't supposed to be using external stuff to find people to monitor.
    Last edited by Spraxle; 2014-12-28 at 05:34 PM.

It would be like going to a different planet and seeing all these signs telling you not to spit on the ground or else you will go to jail. And you do it anyway, then you ask "but why is this so severe hurr durr"
    Isn't that exactly what happened when settlers came to America? :3

Besides that; A stupid rule is a stupid rule, whether well-established or not. In our case, a lot of people share accounts and, as others said, the streamers have been doing it for years. Why is it only now that Blizzard decided to break down?

Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    Actually you could argue they are discriminating since they're going after streamers. I highly doubt anyone that doesn't stream is getting banned for 'account sharing' right now. It's hilarious how Blizzard has now problem with multi-boxers (who ruined things like Tol Barad and other areas of the game at times) because they get 5 subs from one person. But if say you and you log into your friends account to grab his garrison stuff for him that's so horrible. The more accounts you pay for the less likely Blizzard is to go after you. That's why botting isn't a big enough deal to them to actually end it. For each botter that's another $15 a month so who cares if they destroy parts of the game.
    That's because it was openly advertised. So many people watching. If they didn't ban him people would think account sharing isn't a big deal and everyone would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathbysound View Post
    I was about to re-edit. Thanks for clarifying.
    You're very welcome.