Poll: What console cameraDistanceMax do you use?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    A little bit lower than the max camera distance. If it's all the way to the max, i have trouble actually seeing where my character is.

50. Just starts looking weird if you zoom out further by using FarSight or whatever the Machinima Tool is called nowadays, so I stick to the max the game allows by default.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    If you aren't choosing max for the majority of your encounters you are not playing in an optimal way.
    There is no benefit to seeing less.
    immersion. rp.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Deleted
    As far out as possible, I hate it when you're in small room and it zooms right in and you can't see what's going on around you.

Deleted
    as far as possible.
    One of the few things I don't like about wow is its camera mechanics, the way it will religiously zoom in if your by a wall, rather than allowing the wall to go transparent like other game games do.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    As far out as possible, I hate it when you're in small room and it zooms right in and you can't see what's going on around you.
    You mean like Grimrail and Tectus? Yeah... sure, it's "immersive" and whatever, but I agree that not being able to see anything kinda sucks.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm yeah, generally as far out as possible, especially because I favour melee/tank roles. Sometimes it's more useful to have the camera a little closer when you get the odd rooms with tight walls that are uneven - when you're moving in a circle and the camera keeps jerking back and forward every time it passes over an alcove in the wall, that sucks. Although in some cases you can get around that by going full-on top-down view, like on Grimrail last boss.

By default though, yeah, as maxed out as possible is kind of essential otherwise all I get to see is the boss filling my screen ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    It's heavily fight dependent for me. Fights like Tectus, twin ogron, and ko'ragh, where positioning and minute movements can make or break an encounter, I tend to be zoomed in a little more. Most of the time, I keep my camera zoomed about 80% of max. I also zoom in and out during the fights, as needed. I personally think it's a bit foolish to say "MAX ALLLLLL DE TIMEEEEEE", unless you have a massive monitor or hawk eyes. Sometimes being just a tiny nudge out of place can screw everything up, and the further out you're zoomed, the harder that is to see.

Deleted
    Max distance most of the times.

Deleted
    i have no idea about those numbers, but im using the absolute maximum (=above those possible in options)

Deleted
    I have no idea what range I am on and it depends on the fight really, I just ticked the box in interface with max camera range, on tectus and Twin ogron I tend to have lower cam range because of the "arena". Like tectus' wall mess up the camera anyway and on twin ogron my cam tends to clip behind the banners on the walls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    If you aren't choosing max for the majority of your encounters you are not playing in an optimal way.
    There is no benefit to seeing less.
    It's boring as shit to play with maximum camera zoomed out as everything becomes so tiny and you can barely even see your own character.

I have no idea what number I'm zoomed out at since I use no script to allow me to zoom me out further nor adjust the camera in general, but I'm fairly zoomed in, positioning the camera behind, not above my character unlike most I see in videos and screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by Slappyjoe View Post
    This should be the correct answer for anyone who isn't trying to just parrot "max distance or you're doing it wrong" type bullshit they think they should say to be considered a serious raider.
    The only time I would zoom in is when my view is obstructed by, for example, trees or whatever. That doesn't happen very often and is very obvious so saying "max view or you are doing it wrong" is pretty much spot on. The more you can see the faster and better you can react.

Or can you give us some examples instead of flaming people who give their opinion?
    Last edited by Gilian; 2015-01-26 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I usually play at absolute max (using the script to extend it past what the default settings had), but depending on what I'm doing and the terrain, I will often zoom in more temporarily.
    Pretty much this

1st person. with head bob activated.

maxxed ranged as possible.

Fight specific. I'm melee, so I generally play pretty close unless there's some reason I need to see off in the distance, then I play at max.

I'm melee, and if I'm maxed camera range its hard to see where my character is. So I usually just bring it in until I'm comfortable.

Deleted
    Shame everything has to be raided at max cam range.