Suggest an Anime

So I have watched most of the non anime shows on Netflix I plan to. And am now looking to get into some anime shows. I haven't watched very many, but I will give you some thoughts on those I have so to make giving out advise easier. I really liked Death Note, and have watched it more then once. Started to watch one piece with a friend and just couldn't get into it I also watched High School of the dead or whatever which was just ridiculous. I liked DBZ, Digimon, and Yugioh when I was younger although I don't know how I would feel about them now. I don't like subbed shows and would really, really prefer the show is on Netflix. I would assume I would prefer more thriller then all out ridiculous action oriented shows, and I like the more "real" looking of say death note vs one piece.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    You should totally go for boku no pico.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    What? Was funny as hell, some random immediately referring to her as "goddess"
    Guess I'm some random

10+ Year Old Account
    You should try Steins;Gate.

Shinsekai Yori can give you some serious chills. If you want a realistic (in the sense that characters are actually constricted by their own limitations, not going super saiyan after getting beaten up for 5 episodes straight) thriller, this is probably one of the best you can find. There are some holes in the story, but holes aside, the story is absolutely stunning.

Shingeki no Kyojin is one of the most "real-looking" animes I've seen, my go-to series when I'm trying to get a friend into watching anime, though there's a lot of action involved, so you may not like it. It's one of the most popular animes, too, and definitely enjoyable, so it may be worth a shot.

You could also try Code Geass, also packed with action, but it has extremely good story and believable characters.

Edit: Forgot Steins;Gate, it would fit perfectly into your description, unless you don't like time travels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    try one of these
    -attack on titan
    -deadman wonderland
    -psyho pass
    -tengen toppa guren laggan
    -mirai nikki
    -danganronpa
    -log horizon
    Last edited by mmocbdf5b86a98; 2014-12-30 at 10:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please check out my http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Draknalor it has much awsome anime

10+ Year Old Account
    Psycho-Pass is on Netflix. Watch it... now.

The Sibyl System is actively measuring the populace's mental states, personalities, and the probability that individuals will commit crimes, using a "cymatic scan" of the brain. The resulting assessment is called a Psycho-Pass. When the probability of a person engaging in crimes measured by the Crime Coefficient index exceeds a certain level in an individual, he or she is pursued, apprehended, and killed if necessary.
    Black Lives Matter

patema inverted is an anime feature film which is about a guy and a girl. 1 lives underground and the other on the surface world.

A long time ago an experiment to harness gravity to use as energy went horribly wrong and resulted in gravity being reversed for some people. those people went underground to escape falling into the sky.

The anime flips from each person point of view in terms of gravity and is very good. give it a try.
    You look alive.. Or is it that you just haven't died yet?

zaraki, Kenpachi

10+ Year Old Account
    If you liked Death Note I think you'll like Monster. Sort of similar to Death Note but not really. Kinda has a much more realistic premise. Imo, this is one of the few shows where people will say something "I don't even like anime but I liked this one".

The brilliant and successful neurosurgeon Dr. Tenma one day comes across a child and saves his life not knowing that he’s actually a monster. Unaware of his mistake, Dr. Tenma is about to be dragged into the worst set of serial murder cases to have ever been staged in Europe.

Since Dr. Tenma resurrected the monster, he sets off on a long and difficult journey to destroy it.