Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Mw Monk's are Unicorns.

Hi, I'd just like to come say that you guys are either all quitting or you guys are unicorns. My mythic guild has been looking for one for sometime and it seems that every other guild recruiting is also looking for one. Not sure what the deal is but can you guys convince your friends to reroll mw!

We're very niche and there are several fights in Highmaul, and POTENTIALLY Blackrock Foundry where we shine.

Granted we're a tad more annoying to learn though.

Mistweavers were always quite rare, and the WoD changes(or lack of changes in some areas) most likely made a bunch of the ones who did play it quit the spec. Right now MW has very high throughput healing and a pretty bad raid CD(last time I checked, anyway), and from what I've played myself and others have said, it just isn't terribly fun to play anymore(others however really enjoy having the stances split and the other changes they made to how it plays, apparently)
    Last edited by Tradu; 2014-12-31 at 02:56 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I feel like one, what server are you on?
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

We're on bleeding hollow, throw me a pm if you're interested, its a core spot.

Mistweavers are pretty challenging to play at the maximum level and yes there are a lot less Mistweavers out there compared to other healers. I would say their raid cd is fine and they are pretty fun though.

Mistweavers are pretty much Resto Shamans with better spread healing and a lot worse tank/spot healing. If Healing Tide and Revival were on par I would pretty much always prefer a Resto Shaman over a mistweaver monk; but that isn't the case. Still I don't know if it's wise to have a healer on your team that has good numbers but has very limited healing mechanics(maybe the numbers will always be good because of the way the spec works but who knows.)

I had 6 mythic guilds pm yesterday offering healing positions, it was one hell of a day.

MW reaches the same destination as other healers but detours to a few extra stops before getting there

usually extra effort means additional reward. many players are discouraged when they learn that isn't the case with MW.

Mistweaver calling in!

Simply put, we're not that great. We've got some nice Raid Healing, but a lot of it comes with some very annoying management, not to then mention we're restricted by the RNG Gods of our Renewing Mist, as well as our Chi Generation.

We're by no means bad, but on fights like Brackenspore where all that matters is Tank healing, why bother bringing a Mistweaver when you can bring a Paladin?

I get annoyed when I look at the meters on some fights, and see for example, a Druid can put an instant HoT on anyone that ticks for ~3K, as well as their Mushroom that still does a considerable amount of healing, while our HoT is RNG based (to an extent) and our Raid Healing is locked behind a secondary resource. We've no real passive healing, it's always about timing and active use of abilities, and a lot of people can't cut that.

I love my Mistweaver, but sometimes I do hate how mechanics of our class are just disproportionately awkward. Rushing Jade Wind costs 20,000 Mana, a single spell that is ~12% of our Mana and requires careful positioning to get right.

I'll also add that Highmaul has literally the WORST itemisation for Mistweavers I've ever seen. We thrive off of Multistrike & Critical Strike, yet very little has those two on, almost everything is Mastery, Versatility or Haste, our worst Stats...

Once we get to Blackrock Foundry it should be much better for us.

I'm having a lot of fun on my Mistweaver, though the lack of raid CD's is kind of annoying because the only thing I bring to the raid is really to soften up for big spikes. On Constant AoE fights though I'm loved.

Not sure why people say our raid CD is bad. I will agree it is the hardest to use due to timing and overheal, but Revival is instant (unlike Tranquility and HTT) and is basically a raid wide Lay on Hands. Its is the ultimate "Oh shit" button.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    We're by no means bad, but on fights like Brackenspore where all that matters is Tank healing, why bother bringing a Mistweaver when you can bring a Paladin?
    Monks are really really strong on Brackenspore. We're one of the best classes for mushroom healing. They are constantly taking damage which works well with Soothing/EM/LC.

My personal "dream team" healing comp would be: Resto Druid, Disc Priest, Resto Shaman, Mistweaver Monk, Holy Paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's actually nothing wrong with mistweavers right now. Mistweavers are the overall 3rd best healer this tier (best throughput by a long shot). Only beaten by op Disc priests/hpals. Mistweavers also have fights where they can be considered #1 or #2 healer. (mythic margok says hi). And we have fights we're pretty meh (mythic butcher says hi).

Revival isn't weak, it's far from it actually. I don't know what world you live in, that you can be lead to believe revival is the worst raid cd. News flash, all throughput raid cds are equally stupid.

Highmaul itemisation is far from the worst MW has ever experienced (SoO says hi with all the useless spirit/mastery gear). Crit/Haste gear is -far- from ideal. But doesn't make it bad. Especially considering the power of raw int.

- - - Updated - - -

Answering OP, Mistweavers are rare because we were a shit class for 14 months. And for most of beta, we were pretty shit. It was only after raid testing mistweavers became strong. So naturally people rerolled away, because we were shit for so long.

Also ReM is a smart heal. It is not RNG in the least bit. If you're having problems getting ReM on the right targets, which is the case for Mythic Butcher. That's just the problem with smart healing in general.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2015-01-01 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I'll also add that Highmaul has literally the WORST itemisation for Mistweavers I've ever seen. We thrive off of Multistrike & Critical Strike, yet very little has those two on, almost everything is Mastery, Versatility or Haste, our worst Stats...
    If you want you can get the pvp chest piece for 2,2k conquest points and its 660ilvl and gives nice amount of multistrike and crit.

Just speculation, but people have to play MWs in dungeons to level up and then gear up before playing in raids where they're pretty decent---and MWs are just pretty meh dungeon healers. It doesn't surprise me that some decide they'd rather heal from another class.

Deleted
    Chiming in I would say that we are definitely one of the more fun classes to play.
    Our output is really good, the instant life saver that is Revival makes for a really decent cool down although it's hard to readjust to it doing all the healing up front when you're used to having healers where everything is over time.

I am one of the few who resolved TO Mw after WoD hit and it was the best decision of my WoW career.

Deleted
    Wow... are you all on US or EU servers ? I'm EU. I couldn't find many interesting offers when I was looking for a guild 1 week prior to Highmaul.

And on topic. I love my monk, I love my spec, I love the fact that I need to explain how the class works at least one time per week (or do I ?)
    I never ever want to go back to my Holy Paladin !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hycaria View Post
    Wow... are you all on US or EU servers ? I'm EU. I couldn't find many interesting offers when I was looking for a guild 1 week prior to Highmaul.

And on topic. I love my monk, I love my spec, I love the fact that I need to explain how the class works at least one time per week (or do I ?)
    I never ever want to go back to my Holy Paladin !
    I'm on the EU servers.
    Having to explain my class often is something I feel is actually hurting us a bit. People don't really know what monks do or are outside of the general opinions so they would rather want the same old healers that they have always played with.

Deleted
    Monks are so weird doe

Very weak abilities (like low healing from renewing mist or uplift) but then something extremely powerful like Revival or Touch of OP.

Weird class, very useful on some fights, very useless on others.

Deleted
    Uplift does loads of healing tho. not weak at all

Deleted
    Uplift heals for shit, you think it's a lot because if you hit 18 people at a time it looks like "a lot"... it's still a very small heal, just on a lot of people. So that multiplication gives you the illusion it heals for a lot.