Staff vs Wand (Shadow priest question)

I have a question, I got the staff from proving grounds and then I did my first heroic on my shadow priest (Got to 100 today (Yay for getting into MC before it leaves me))
    Staff of Trials
    vs
    Painbringer's Crystal
    I want to go with the Wand since it's more Ilvl but I'm afraid I'd need to find Off Hand :I

The staff is better for now I'm pretty sure, though you should hang on to the wand just in case you ever get a off hand, since that combination should be better than the staff at that point, especially if you get an equivalent ilvl offhand as your wand (615).

If you are just curious about what's better - using a staff or a 1h plus off-hand - then it really just comes down to what you prefer since there's no real stat advantage anymore if the ilvl between all 3 items are equal (besides what stats you prefer). A 1h and offhand combo has the potential to be your best in slots however, since you can get a potential two sockets as opposed to one with just the staff.

Personally I don't like wands, since I tend to right click stuff and I might auto attack from range before a pull and pull unintentionally.
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2014-12-31 at 12:06 AM.