Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    WAY under appreciated...such a good show.

Both the old and the new guyver
    New Guyver?! EEEEEEEEEK!

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Falling Skies is surprisingly good. [I]
    For anime, I highly recommend Legend of the Galactic Heroes. The best example of Space Opera.
    It gets a tad repetitive though.
    Yep, Legend of galactic heroes, also suggested that, honestly one of the best space operas out there, albeit a tad slow time to time so not for everyone i guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    I forgot how good the OP was!

Though I wouldn't recommend this anime unless you can deal with really slow and complicated story telling. It's a good anime, but very few have the patience for it.

This isn't the typical action anime, I'd say it's one of those anime that I consider "art".

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I forgot how good the OP was!

Though I wouldn't recommend this anime unless you can deal with really slow and complicated story telling. It's a good anime, but very few have the patience for it.
    Yep, thats the problem with ergo proxy really, it has a good story though. (reminds me of mushishi, good anime, not for everyone)
    Hmmm a movie i love (then again i love all his movies) is Nausicaa of the valey of the wind
    Last edited by Kurioxan; 2014-12-31 at 01:20 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cowboy Bebop
    Ender's game Movie
    The Lost Room

BTW, I don't see "Hunger games" really being sci fi, more like being dystopian world with a little sci fi. But many of the things in Hunger Games is somewhat achievable already.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    While not exactly space, Warehouse 13 and Eureka are worth checking out.
    Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles was decent (kinda went to crap after a while, but was good for a while).
    The Hitchhiker's Guide TV Series is worth a watch, if only for how completely corny it is.
    ReBoot, may be a kid show, but still one of my favourite shows of all time, plus they're renewing it soon enough, so yeah.
    Jericho was great, another show cancelled before it's time.
    Chuck is another of my favourites, it's kind of sci-fi adjacent lol.
    Space Balls the Series is pretty terrible, but a pretty fun watch nonetheless.
    Misfits is good for the first like, 3 seasons, then turns to garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's more Steampunk that Sci Fi, but if you like Farscape and Firefly then I STRONGLY recommend you check out Last Exile. It's been a mainstay in my favourite anime series for coming up on 12 years now. It has everything you could want, great characters, OUTSTANDING animation that still looks amazing to this day, a brilliant absorbing storyline and a horrifically bad spin-off season... What more could you ask for?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    I think some of you guys are taking the term sci-fi way to broad...half the shit you post is by definition sci-fi but not considered sci-fi at the same time due the nature of the show.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Space above and beyond, Guyver, Red dwarf and stargate atlantis.
    I haven't seen Space above and beyond before - I'll check that out thanks! (seen the others)
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    It gets a tad repetitive though.
    Yep, Legend of galactic heroes, also suggested that, honestly one of the best space operas out there, albeit a tad slow time to time so not for everyone i guess.
    Yeah I agree with that. Falling Skies starts out really strong with the whole world is destroyed and a small band of rebels if fighting back thing. It even has a bit of a zombie movie vibe with then having to scavenge for food and supplies and stuff. But then in the later seasons it just gets weird.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes is certainly not for everyone. If you are looking for a fast paced, action packed space battles, then it probably is not for you. However, if you enjoy really fleshed out characters and military/political drama wrapped up in a huge space war, then check it out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    You seen the new ghost in the shell stuff then? Though, they'd probably be more classed as movies I guess...
    Ya seen all ghost in the shells GitS addict! I'll check out Ergo Proxy thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Trigun. If you liked cowboy bebop and firefly, you'll probably enjoy it quite a bit. Starts out like a weird gunslinging western anime, turns into full-fledged sci-fi.
    Yep long-time fan of all three

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    It's more Steampunk that Sci Fi, but if you like Farscape and Firefly then I STRONGLY recommend you check out Last Exile. It's been a mainstay in my favourite anime series for coming up on 12 years now. It has everything you could want, great characters, OUTSTANDING animation that still looks amazing to this day, a brilliant absorbing storyline and a horrifically bad spin-off season... What more could you ask for?
    Another for the list! Thanks
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Stargate Universe, I loved it towards the end, then it was cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Space above and beyond, Guyver, Red dwarf and stargate atlantis.
    You're one of the oh so very few that actually know that series. I still can't understand why it was cancelled. It was genius...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    While it doesn't have space in the series, I'd consider Person of Interest as sci-fi.

The series is about a computer genious that was hired to create an AI capable of prevent crimes. As the government decides to only care about terrorism, the AI's creator hires an ex-CIA agent to help him to prevent the non-terrorism crimes. The first episodes not really sci-fi, but the series quickly goes to a information war between hackers. If you survive the first 4~5 episodes, you might like it.

It is in the 4th season now, and it's currently my favorite tv show.

Deleted
    Odyssey 5 - This was going places and had a decent storyline, till they scrapped it :/
    Earth: Final Conflict - another great sci-fi series that was way ahead of its time.
    The 4400 4400 people abducted through out history are returned, got a bit weired towards the middle, but the ending was good and solid.
    Taken- Proberbly one of the best "mini" series that has been done to date where sci fi is concerned, extremely well produced and executed story set over 5 generations of a family's history.
    V - The original series - Every sci fi lover should watch this if they havent already. Sure the acting is over the top, and cheesy as hell at times, but it is a great mini series.
    Dark Skies - Bit of a wired one, still worth a watch though.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    You're one of the oh so very few that actually know that series. I still can't understand why it was cancelled. It was genius...
    Chigs won apparently

OT: You SHOULD watch Babylon 5
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

It isn't a space sci-fi, but I would highly recommend the sci-fi drama called Black Mirror. It will blow. your. mind. It's a short British anthology series, so each episode is stand alone, but it is pretty amazing. It is so good, in fact, that Robert Downey Jr. bought the rights to one of the episodes to turn it into a movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_M...28TV_series%29
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubsoda View Post
    Have to mention that I reported you, there's absolutely retarded major spoiler in your signature field.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senjumaru Shutara View Post
    It isn't a space sci-fi, but I would highly recommend the sci-fi drama called Black Mirror.
    A MILLION TIMES THIS. Black Mirror is one of the best, but most fucked up shows I've seen in years. You can probably knock both seasons and the christmas special out in one day, if your brain can handle the strain.

p.s. Which story did RDJ option?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    A MILLION TIMES THIS. Black Mirror is one of the best, but most fucked up shows I've seen in years. You can probably knock both seasons and the christmas special out in one day, if your brain can handle the strain.

p.s. Which story did RDJ option?
    According to Wikipedia it's "The Entire History of You" (the one with the implant that records everything you do see and hear).

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    Even though you said you couldn't get into Dr. Who, I would recommend giving it another shot. Not every episode is a gem; you may have had some bad luck. The series is definitely worth watching.
    I've given it lots of shots, and it was always pretty terrible. Every episode may not be a gem, but I've seen quite a few and not a one of them was a gem.