Tips against Druids on 2v2

Hi guys, I was wondering if I can get some tips on 2v2

Me (disc priest) and my friend (combat rogue) are currently sitting around 1750 with around 38 games played (i know, we suck).

We usually find a way against most of the teams, when we lose for being bad/stupid we usually understand that, but we're not sure how to handle Resto Druids.

We tried to kill the druid, no success, he cant keep pressure with him running, roots, cyclones, etc. Tried switching targets frequently, still no success because of cyclones and well, healing.

I can usually be alive until around 50% dampening (depending on the enemy comp) and I try to help on burst everytime I can get an opening.

We usually have trouble against: Hunter/Rdruid - Combat/Rdruid - DK/Rdruid - War/Rdruid

I would appreciate if someone can give us some tips as we're really trying to improve our skills.

Important: I know the game is balanced for 3v3 and I agree that 2v2's are bad, takes no skill, whatever, but we enjoy playing it.
    Last edited by Kodz; 2014-12-31 at 03:33 AM.

I was doing 2s yesterday, running MW Monk/Rogue, and honestly you're kind of just gonna lose against Druid teams. They're the one healer a Combat Rogue can't kill. From what we learned killing the DPS is never an option, you won't have enough CC for the Druid and if you ignore him he'll just CC your Rogue all day long. So your only choice is to kill the Druid, which is basically impossible unless the person playing falls asleep.

The best advice I can give from a Disc Priest point of view is to save your Shadowfiend for your Rogues burst, it may not be much but a few thousand extra damage is always nice. Try to Fear the Druids partner, obvious if it's a Warrior or DK that's kind of impossible since they'll both likely have a break up for it. Then just help pump damage into the Druid, keep Pain up and spam Smites/Holy Fire as much as possible. Make sure your priority is to dispel any HoTs the Druid has before your Rogues 8 second Kidney.

You're gonna have a hard time, Disc Priests are terrible once the game gets into heavy dampening, especially compared to Druids, so playing for late game isn't going to work. Unless the Druid team messes up pretty bad it's gonna be nearly impossible I want to say, even though that's pretty pessimistic, I just don't see how a decent Druid/DPS team can lose to a Rogue/Priest team, unless they're completely outskilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I was doing 2s yesterday, running MW Monk/Rogue, and honestly you're kind of just gonna lose against Druid teams. They're the one healer a Combat Rogue can't kill. From what we learned killing the DPS is never an option, you won't have enough CC for the Druid and if you ignore him he'll just CC your Rogue all day long. So your only choice is to kill the Druid, which is basically impossible unless the person playing falls asleep.

The best advice I can give from a Disc Priest point of view is to save your Shadowfiend for your Rogues burst, it may not be much but a few thousand extra damage is always nice. Try to Fear the Druids partner, obvious if it's a Warrior or DK that's kind of impossible since they'll both likely have a break up for it. Then just help pump damage into the Druid, keep Pain up and spam Smites/Holy Fire as much as possible. Make sure your priority is to dispel any HoTs the Druid has before your Rogues 8 second Kidney.

You're gonna have a hard time, Disc Priests are terrible once the game gets into heavy dampening, especially compared to Druids, so playing for late game isn't going to work. Unless the Druid team messes up pretty bad it's gonna be nearly impossible I want to say, even though that's pretty pessimistic, I just don't see how a decent Druid/DPS team can lose to a Rogue/Priest team, unless they're completely outskilled.
    Hi Rucati, thanks for the advices, I appreciate it. We will definitely try to make sure the druid has no HoTs before the 8sec kidney and try to burst with everything we have. We probably still won't kill some of them but I guess if we manage to win a few matches against these counter comps would make us climb the ladder a little more.
    Last edited by Kodz; 2014-12-31 at 04:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post

You're gonna have a hard time, Disc Priests are terrible once the game gets into heavy dampening, especially compared to Druids,
    What makes resto druids better in dampening compared to other healers? Im just curious!

Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    What makes resto druids better in dampening compared to other healers? Im just curious!
    Resto Druids aren't better compared like Shamans or Monks, it's just that Disc is exceptionally bad in dampening. Priests are really bad at picking up partners that are low on health to begin with, since the biggest "heal" a Priest has is their PW:S. Before dampening the Shield is like 70-80k and that gives the Priest time to spam Flashes or Penance. But once the shield is only like 30k because of Dampening it doesn't buy enough time for the Priest to top his partner. Whereas a class like Druid that's already pretty good at picking low health people up in a few globals, whether with tree form or Ironbark/NS or with Rejuv -> Swfitmend -> Rejuv -> Genesis with Soul of the Forest, it means that after a CC chain on the Druid he can catch back up, while a Priest will continually fall behind.

On top of that where Priests have no HoTs if they get CC'd there's no healing going out at all, while a Druid is still doing some healing, so their partner won't be as low. In a game without dampening this isn't as important because the Priest can Shield, Penance, Saving Grace to pick up a low health target after CC, but in dampening it's a lot harder to do that.

It's pretty hard to notice in 3s since the majority of games don't reach dampening, but in 2s it's pretty apparent. Priests are still fine in 2s, but just like in 3s they aren't the best healer. And as such, when you fight the best healer (Resto Druids, currently) you'll always be at a disadvantage.

Ysera's gift, or any % based heal is not affected by dampening.

remember also you can mass dispell cyclone since WoD release. Can not really offer anything else as run with a frost dk.

Deleted
    Offensive purge and mass dispell is practically the best counter to druids in the game. Add to that the insane stuns from combat rogue. Can't get any better than that...

Offensive purge and mass dispell is practically the best counter to druids in the game. Add to that the insane stuns from combat rogue. Can't get any better than that...
    Combat rogue damage outside of red buff is the lowest of any melee dps spec in the game, so it can in fact get better. Combat is nice in 3s when you have support to backup those stuns, but implying that a good rogue can somehow take care of a well geared resto druid is hilarious. I would say DK and Ret are both better prepared to take out a resto druid in a 2s environment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by germonik View Post
    Combat rogue damage outside of red buff is the lowest of any melee dps spec in the game, so it can in fact get better. Combat is nice in 3s when you have support to backup those stuns, but implying that a good rogue can somehow take care of a well geared resto druid is hilarious. I would say DK and Ret are both better prepared to take out a resto druid in a 2s environment.
    Well.. This discussion is about 2v2 and if you are going for the healer in 2v2 you are doing it wrong...

Well.. This discussion is about 2v2 and if you are going for the healer in 2v2 you are doing it wrong...
    I'm not sure you have ever gone against a druid DK team in 2s. The druid is the target.

Anything else is as you say "doing it wrong"...

Nope. In 2s vs. healer/dps teams you need to cc the shit out of the healer and for that you need short cd ccs, something which neither priest nor rogue have that they can apply on something other than their target.

Was capping 2s as surv hunter with this fury warr I found in the LFG. Was just spamming my 15 sec traps on healers and going ham on the dps, didn't encounter major issues with anything, except some double dps groups. One was a mage feral and I fucked up with positioning and was caught in stealth by the mage with a frost nova, and another was rogue ret and I...fucking died in 3 seconds.

The worst part of the game starts when you killed the dps and cant finish off the running druid until the end of the game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    Nope. In 2s vs. healer/dps teams you need to cc the shit out of the healer and for that you need short cd ccs, something which neither priest nor rogue have that they can apply on something other than their target.

Was capping 2s as surv hunter with this fury warr I found in the LFG. Was just spamming my 15 sec traps on healers and going ham on the dps, didn't encounter major issues with anything, except some double dps groups. One was a mage feral and I fucked up with positioning and was caught in stealth by the mage with a frost nova, and another was rogue ret and I...fucking died in 3 seconds.
    Nice story but OP plays DISC/Rogue, So your input about your hunter with low CD traps does contribute to the case.

Deleted
    You have a big advantage in this setup tbh... just keep dispelling the druid hots and you win.